Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:
Why are people reluctant to say Sam did a good job at West Ham?

Rafa Benitez is a top manager and after gaining promotion with Newcastle he finished 10th and 13th in the first  two seasons back, exactly the same two positions as Sam at West Ham.

Good managers doing good jobs at similar sized clubs

I agree on this one.

Ok, he may have had money to spend, but so did coyle!

No one knows what would have happened if he'd stayed longer.

I also think he would have done better than Moyes et al after Fergie at OT.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Thankfully we never got to find out. Doesn’t bear thinking about. 

I always remember listening to Gartside on the radio. He said he'd drive BSA to old Trafford himself, but didn't want him leaving for a club that wasn't particularly special.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll not betray the source but I'm told in his first few days with us Hill was encouraging players to pick used chewing gum up off the floor or under desks etc and chew it to boost their immune systems. Mad that fella.

And they think coronavirus started in China!

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'll not betray the source but I'm told in his first few days with us Hill was encouraging players to pick used chewing gum up off the floor or under desks etc and chew it to boost their immune systems. Mad that fella.

Jesus fucking Christ.

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I heard that too, he also had them flicking dog shit at each other with a lolly stick, ‘team building’ he said, think it’s in his upcoming biography ‘ I know my onions’ should be out for Christmas 

25 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Fucking hell. Says as much about COG that it does about KH

I’d have more respect for the story if he’d have massaged the said balls. Maybe give him a little wank.

On 13/06/2020 at 18:35, Farnywhite said:

Disaster ? Bit strong He got them in the play offs in the first season mid table in the second when he got sacked 

He only got potted because that twat Danny Baker used his radio programme to constantly chip away at him

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

They won 5-0 today. Maybe they should be looking at little closer at whoever's currently in the dugout.

Unless he's already had some input on the team.

I didn't like him as a person but I did think in some respects he was given a rough ride. The teams he was reduced to putting together in and around January just didn't have enough ability, and it seems pretty clear he was undermined as his time here went on.

I wouldn't want him back, though.

1 hour ago, burnden said:

Pete O'Rourke

@SportsPeteO

Former Bolton and Rochdale boss Keith Hill is poised to be named Tranmere’s new manager.

KH is typical lower league manager. Win some, lose more and then get the sack within 2 seasons. He is what he is. He was never going to do anything with us, especially given the cards he had to deal with. Nowt against him. I would like to wish him good luck but his port of call stops me from doing that.

Hed be your absolute nightmare being stood near him in a boozer.

Loud mouth know it all telling everyone theyre wrong and hes right and spouting utter bullshit.

Obnoxious prick of a bloke.

Got the biggest job of his career and managed to talk himself out of it. 

Bet his mrs hates him.