Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Keith Hill


Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

FWIW I'd never form an opinion on a player based purely on appearances, because getting a game is down to impressing one man, not the whole league.  Lets just say Liam Trotter and Luke Murphy.  And it doesnt take into account injuries, so Murphy is probably "better" than Mark Davies.  If Sam Allardyce hadnt been a manager, how many top flight appearances does Nolan get?  I'm not having a go at Nolan, but some players follow managers around, whether BSA was in championship or Prem he took Nolan with him, nobody else was battering down the door to take him to the prem.  Andy O'Brien has probably played more Prem games than Gudni Bergson.

Purely on appearances yes, I agree. You have to look further into it though- Nolan had to move on from us as he'd gone stale under the ginger captain charisma.

However, he was appreciated for his leadership qualities; and even if that's by BSA then that's a big plus for me. A good manager knowing a good professional.

As it turns out the oft referred to David Dunn may well turn out to be a decent gaffer too; he's just not as far down the road yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm backing Keith Hill. It's too early for all this.  Patience is required. He could do with his PR man giving him a few lessons about staying in control in front of a microphone and advice when to ke

You’re part of the cesspit you cock. Posting pointless fucking articles having a go at our only senior goalkeeper (why he gives you the time of day is another matter) is to absolutely nobody’s be

On the strength of his work at Rochdale, I thought that Hill was a good choice, but in the position we were in, the first job of a competent manager would be to strengthen the defence & make us ha

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Casino said:

I disagree

The old boys network needs purging

Then Keith should do it, if it's the right thing to do. He's the manager and in charge of playing staff.

Equally, who's the say Nolan or any new manager wouldn't make such difficult decisions?

So far all we've had is Keith ballooning and making grandiose statements of woe is me, but seemingly done nowt about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a listen to it on my commute into work today. They say a lot without saying much but do sum up the key points well:

-KH has had issues to deal with like injuries and players leaving.

-Fans haven't turned on him at games yet but social media is doing.

-His reign started well but has begun to fail, some comparisons to Megson and his post match interviews.

Iles also has a bit of a dig at FV for not allowing him an interview, which probably isn't going to help him get one.

-They alluded to timing being everything on FVs next move. Now would be the time to back KH and they haven't done so yet.

-Whereas firing him now would be slightly too soon. If they get someone new in now and they fail to make an impact it means any fresh impetus a new manager brings will be lost by the time the new season starts.

In my onion, allow Keith to take us to the end of the season and then find someone more capable to take us forward, assuming Keith doesn't inspire an upturn in form. I don't hate him as much as some do but I just feel like he hasn't got it in him to undo the damage to the players' morale from this season, and though it would be nice to get someone in now to change it up a bit, the season is dead already, so why waste that new manager buzz on this year?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I had a listen to it on my commute into work today. They say a lot without saying much but do sum up the key points well:

-KH has had issues to deal with like injuries and players leaving.

-Fans haven't turned on him at games yet but social media is doing.

-His reign started well but has begun to fail, some comparisons to Megson and his post match interviews.

Iles also has a bit of a dig at FV for not allowing him an interview, which probably isn't going to help him get one.

-They alluded to timing being everything on FVs next move. Now would be the time to back KH and they haven't done so yet.

-Whereas firing him now would be slightly too soon. If they get someone new in now and they fail to make an impact it means any fresh impetus a new manager brings will be lost by the time the new season starts.

In my onion, allow Keith to take us to the end of the season and then find someone more capable to take us forward, assuming Keith doesn't inspire an upturn in form. I don't hate him as much as some do but I just feel like he hasn't got it in him to undo the damage to the players' morale from this season, and though it would be nice to get someone in now to change it up a bit, the season is dead already, so why waste that new manager buzz on this year?

 

Good points and have to agree 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Plus Dunn was injury prone and Nolan scored many more goals. Safe to say Nolan the better player. 

And Nolan wasnt a little fuckin fat dingle bastard

Edited by bwfc2003
Missed out fat from little fuckin dingle bastard
Link to post
Share on other sites

A name I don't think has been mentioned, Per Frandsen as manager if Hill left? About time we got a foreign manager isn't it. Hes not done to bad either got 2 promotions in Danish 2nd division one being last season. Mind you he did get sacked in 2016 for being bottom of the league of the Danish first division. Would of loved Gudni to have been a manager though reckon he would of been quality 

Edited by Okocha10
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

A name I don't think has been mentioned, Per Frandsen as manager if Hill left? About time we got a foreign manager isn't it. Hes not done to bad either got 2 promotions in Danish 2nd division one being last season. Mind you he did get sacked in 2016 for being bottom of the league of the Danish first division. Would of loved Gudni to have been a manager though reckon he would of been quality 

Jaidi was meant to be a very highly rated coach at Southampton having played a part in their u23 successes -  now currently working in his first managerial role out in the States. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

A name I don't think has been mentioned, Per Frandsen as manager if Hill left? About time we got a foreign manager isn't it. Hes not done to bad either got 2 promotions in Danish 2nd division one being last season. Mind you he did get sacked in 2016 for being bottom of the league of the Danish first division. Would of loved Gudni to have been a manager though reckon he would of been quality 

I fuckin love that mon. Reckon he makes my top 3 Wanderers in my life time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Probably not?

Gudni played 342 games in England, O'Brien played 393 in England.  Both played most of their career in the Prem and also a big chunk outside it.  I dont have the figures but its a reasonable guess they were fairly even on appearances.  Just not on ability in my opinion.  Just making the point that its not all about stats, luck and circumstance plays a big part (and I've nothing against an honest pro like AO'B, but not in GBs class).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Gudni played 342 games in England, O'Brien played 393 in England.  Both played most of their career in the Prem and also a big chunk outside it.  I dont have the figures but its a reasonable guess they were fairly even on appearances.  Just not on ability in my opinion.  Just making the point that its not all about stats, luck and circumstance plays a big part (and I've nothing against an honest pro like AO'B, but not in GBs class).

The stats are online

O’ Brien played about double

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I fuckin love that mon. Reckon he makes my top 3 Wanderers in my life time.

I always associate him with our transition from a going nowhere middling and unglamorous club with the new era that brought us Prem football and international foreigners.  When we signed him and Johannsen, another quality Danish player, the bar was raised.  Those signings almost as significant as Bergsson and McGinlay in our history, I dont think we get a foothold in the Prem without them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

About this time last year I was happily minding my own business at Middlebrook putting my shopping in the car boot and saw a blonde guy and his family getting out of the car next to me - was Per and his family. Was absolutely star struck but he was a really nice guy. Said he was over for a game. Great memories of his time at the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Anyway here's today's daily dose of fuel for the fire.

There's a total fucking disconnect between the job he talks about and the one he's actually doing.

 The mans a clown. Things WILL turn with these comments imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Madness we haven't used literally any of the past players in any coaching roles & director roles from our past who had the most success in our club. Apart from Owen Coyle but you can seclude him as he didn't play for us when we was successful in the prem

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.