Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Still worth it we sold him to Charlton later I think for £4m.

Yes, in the summer of 2000 we sold Jensen for £4 million, Gudjohnsen for £4 million and a few weeks into the season sold Fish for 700K.The club appeared to be screwed financially but still allowed Sam to spend £1.5 million on Frandsen and 400K on Michael Ricketts.

Sam was such a great manager he gained promotion in a season the club made around £7 million profit from selling 3 of its best players

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

“It has always been a long-term plan but there seems to be a short-term debate,” he said yesterday.

“I think that’s pretty unfair. I don’t remember any debates last season, except around Ken Anderson.

Plenty of people suggested Parky should be sacked.

Well for me, long term plans are all well and good, but short term is more important.

He got a team together, and quickly. A positive. Started off very well another positive.

However, even if we were never going to stay up, clear and obvious improvement towards a decent next season is vital. Another shit show next season and you can kiss goodbye to any long term plan as finance could become far to precarious.

24 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

"I think you can organise and plan a successful relegation"

I can't believe I've just read those words by a Bolton manager. Turn the lights off, shut the doors, fuck knows why we bother.

I would agree Mick, if it was the first time he's come out with such tripe.

He's got plenty of form though.

If this carries on, then there is a strong chance plenty won't bother next season.

On what basis should we keep Keith Hill next season, there's fucking none that he should be here. Has he improved the squad for next season? No, has he improved the relationship with the fans? No. Does his transfer dealings this January look like he could help improve the squad in the summer? No. Has any of youth players improved since Keiths arrived? Could argue no again with how Politic is recently playing & Darcy looked a good prospect before he arrived. 

Think we panicked [rightly ] at the beginning of the season to get a manager in and get players signed. Overall I think his signings were ok. Maybe if we had kept those players and added in the January transfer we would have been ok. Again we have been unlucky with injuries for the tenth season running. It is his selections that have most baffled Bridcutt and Lowe are NOT defenders The continual selection of L Murphy. The slagging off of young defenders in the press. Signing players for next season then saying they are not yet good enough.

For me we have nothing to lose if we make flitcroft the manager until the end of the season then review it then. It wont cost the owners anything and could be the solution

6 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Think we panicked [rightly ] at the beginning of the season to get a manager in and get players signed. Overall I think his signings were ok. Maybe if we had kept those players and added in the January transfer we would have been ok. Again we have been unlucky with injuries for the tenth season running. It is his selections that have most baffled Bridcutt and Lowe are NOT defenders The continual selection of L Murphy. The slagging off of young defenders in the press. Signing players for next season then saying they are not yet good enough.

For me we have nothing to lose if we make flitcroft the manager until the end of the season then review it then. It wont cost the owners anything and could be the solution

Nah Flitcroft would be gone as well for me, peas in a pod those two. 

Either give it the manager you intend to be in charge next season as well or give it to Lee or Phillips until the summer, get some of the young lads back in and get us playing some football at least. 

2 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Either give it the manager you intend to be in charge next season as well or give it to Lee or Phillips until the summer, get some of the young lads back in and get us playing some football at least. 

Lee and Phillips!!!! give me strength, Phillips as a manager has been horrendous whenever he has stepped in, and Lee has zero experience. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Anderson said:

That could be the better option but it needs doing asap...we need to see some improvement this season

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Lee and Phillips!!!! give me strength, Phillips as a manager has been horrendous whenever he has stepped in, and Lee has zero experience. 

Totally agree Mounts. Anyone saying Lee or Phillips in should stick to the letters page of Bolton News with the rest of the not rights. Give me strength. 

51 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

On what basis should we keep Keith Hill next season, there's fucking none that he should be here. Has he improved the squad for next season? No, has he improved the relationship with the fans? No. Does his transfer dealings this January look like he could help improve the squad in the summer? No. Has any of youth players improved since Keiths arrived? Could argue no again with how Politic is recently playing & Darcy looked a good prospect before he arrived. 

On the basis he was brought in to try and move us one step at a time from Administration 

We were days away from not even being in the FL

To answer your questions, has he improved the squad for next season, yes

Has he improved the relationship with the fans? In what way? Some like him some dont

Politic and Darcy have improved since he came

Trying to improve the squad in January with no money and the prospect of dropping to L2 would never be attractive to better players

Fans need to get real, Hill and Flitcroft are very experienced at this level and need to be given another 12 months and let’s see where we are at

36 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Christ, I'm not saying give them the job. 

If the next man isn't available to take the job with immediate effect then I see no issue at all giving the rest of the season to Lee and/or Phillips because of the nature of the squad, the football they seem to promote and the fact that most of our contracted players next season are youth players anyway. 

I don't see why Lee having no managerial experience matters in that sort of capacity? Not only that but we're at the level or very soon will be where a lot of young coaches and former players take their first steps into management. Everyone starts somewhere, and again, I'm not suggesting Lee should start by being our permanent manager but as a caretaker in our current situation then I'd be fine with that. 

4 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

On the basis he was brought in to try and move us one step at a time from Administration 

Has he improved the relationship with the fans? In what way? Some like him some dont

Trying to improve the squad in January with no money and the prospect of dropping to L2 would never be attractive to better players

Fans need to get real, Hill and Flitcroft are very experienced at this level and need to be given another 12 months and let’s see where we are at

Given the fact we've been beaten by teams no better than half of league 2, then I think we know where we  will be.

6 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Aye, the National League. 

• Members
13 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

We were days away from not even being in the FL ....Nowt to do with Keef

To answer your questions, has he improved the squad for next season, yes ... Next season we have 5 in contract, 2 kids, 2 non league players and 1 senior player

Has he improved the relationship with the fans? In what way? Some like him some dont ....Alienating the support more every day

Politic and Darcy have improved since he came ...Questionable imo.

Trying to improve the squad in January with no money and the prospect of dropping to L2 would never be attractive to better players ....Aye

Fans need to get real, Hill and Flitcroft are very experienced at this level and need to be given another 12 months and let’s see where we are at ......Showing 0 improvement since the first few games in charge , Can we afford to give him that time?

35 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Your telling me he's improved this squad throughout this season, it's gradually got worse at time has gone on.  

We will be near the bottom of league two if he carries on for another 12 months then what? The Plymouth game was a good indicator of where we would be in league two with Hill with Plymouth pretty much controlled the game for 90 minutes

One of sole purposes of Keith coming into Bolton was his relationship with the fans him being from Bolton etc, Sharon liked the idea of it but not just some don't like him I can pretty much say a lot of the Bolton fans who go to the games despise him. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Agree about getting rid, though Lee/Phillips would only be temporary so doesn't seem any point- they would essentially be seeing out time, as is Hill if the plan is to replace for next season.

Not sure what they offer in terms of future preparation.

Time to make a well considered appointment. KH may have fitted the bill at the time, but we are more of a functioning club now.

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Moonman

10 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

He simply must go. Poor on every conceivable level. I hated the awful negative football but at least Parky had some dignity. This guy is a cringing embarrassment to himself and, more importantly, to BWFC.

I've never heard so much utter shite from a manager in all my life.

Couldn't agree more, how confused must the players be after being sent out on fucking riddles? the one line that broke the camels back for me was "I think you can organise and plan a successful relegation" what the fuck does that say to the owners, the man needs psychiatric help, he's a nutcase and there is no doubt about it.