Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

25 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Pfft, online cranks

Would be inclined to agree but that BWFC12341 has had a few accurate shouts this season that have come true.

When that second Blackpool goal went in I was firmly KH Out, but having reflected since I do think he deserves more time. I don't think there could have been a harder job in football this season, and as soon as results started to slip away, it was always going to be impossible to keep the players believing, which counts for a lot in my opinion.

He had us playing some good stuff in the early part of the season and then lost key players to injury, on top of all the other bullshit this season.

He is probably a victim of his own success from the start of the season, as it's a stark contrast now. If it gets toxic though towards the end of the season and fans aren't on board for next season, then that will be more of a reason to sack him than the current results.

Edited by Bob

7 minutes ago, Biffo666 said:

‘He’s probably a victim of his own  success from the start if the season’ .

Fuck me, if thats success we are all doomed !! Can the bar be set so low????

The bar couldn't be lower this season if we are being realistic, with the -12 points and our first 6 games being write-offs.

Think everyone was relatively satisfied with Keith's work up to and including the MK Dons home win in November. A lot of League One clubs and fans seemed to be shitting it that we'd stay up. Being realistic started to turn into hope.

The next game when we lost 7-1 to Accrington though, everything started to crumble after that and maybe Keith wouldn't be under such scrutiny if he hadn't had the decent start that he did. Maybe I'm wrong though and people would've been even more pissed off had we not mustered a bit of hope.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

The bar couldn't be lower this season if we are being realistic, with the -12 points and our first 6 games being write-offs.

Think everyone was relatively satisfied with Keith's work up to and including the MK Dons home win in November. A lot of League One clubs and fans seemed to be shitting it that we'd stay up. Being realistic started to turn into hope.

The next game when we lost 7-1 to Accrington though, everything started to crumble after that and maybe Keith wouldn't be under such scrutiny if he hadn't had the decent start that he did. Maybe I'm wrong though and people would've been even more pissed off had we not mustered a bit of hope.

Given the squad he had the start was reasonable. Nothing "exceptional". But then drop off was shockingly poor and alarming. And given the team he's got now results are miles off where they should be. 

Positioning it as "victim of his own success" is ludicrous when he's won 5 out of 26 or whatever it is. 

On 28/02/2020 at 08:54, Traf said:

“It has always been a long-term plan but there seems to be a short-term debate,” he said yesterday.

“I think that’s pretty unfair. I don’t remember any debates last season, except around Ken Anderson.

Plenty of people suggested Parky should be sacked.

He doesn’t remember those

This to me epitomises Hill's lunacy, we know that some of the players are shit, but they don't need it ramming down their throats by their manager.

“It isn’t going to get any easier in the remaining 12 games but I have got a dressing room full of fighters. Sometimes we are not good enough but I don’t think you should criticise people for not being good enough.

In a roundabout way is that not criticising?

Edited by DomRepWanderer

3 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

This to me epitomises Hill's lunacy, we know that some of the players are shit, but they don't need it ramming down their throats by their manager.

“It isn’t going to get any easier in the remaining 12 games but I have got a dressing room full of fighters. Sometimes we are not good enough but I don’t think you should criticise people for not being good enough.

In a roundabout way is that not criticising?

KH is a loose cannon  with his comments, he's either upsetting the players or the fans.

He needs to learn that less is more.

45 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

KH is a loose cannon  with his comments, he's either upsetting the players or the fans.

He needs to learn that less is more.

Yes he needs to learn when to shut the f*ck up. And judging by his constant inane ramblings that should be pretty much all of the time.

On 03/03/2020 at 11:40, BWFC_LOVE said:

89IaLyK.jpg

Regardless of the difficult circumstances, I think given our performances and the standard of some defeats, it’s fair to say KH can consider himself very lucky that he’s still in the job.

Those stats are quite worrying... he's never actually done a good job anywhere!

End of season, can him off, and take pick of those that are available (as more will be then than in March) - plus who wants to come in now and have a relegation on their CV?

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

A bit conspiracy theory like but I've started wondering if KH the club has been basically mugged off from day 1 and win/lose/draw he was always only going to be here for a year.

EFA

23 hours ago, mickbrown said:

He's had a free hit this season.

All he needed to do was be able to say 'if I'd had those 12 points I'd have kept us up'.

He's fucking that up spectacularly.

That was my hope for the season when we had that run prior to accy away that he would get us to 12 points off staying up and I could have that as a success.