Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

27 years ago today

Ani

Just now, MickyD said:

To think, that was ten or so years before we peaked as well. Brilliant time to be a Wanderers fan and glory days to come.

That was a league 1 team, bloody good team, good players but heart and soul was ingrained by a top top manager. Players and management should take a bow. 

27 years - good grief. I was living in London then and went to the first game, but for the replay it was a day I was having my leaving do piss up, so trawled round South Kensington and managed to remain oblivious to the score and then watched the highlights on the tv back at the staff club. Still got photos someone took of me kegged to the max and celebrating the 2nd goal. Happy days.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, SatanGreavsie said:

27 years - good grief. I was living in London then and went to the first game, but for the replay it was a day I was having my leaving do piss up, so trawled round South Kensington and managed to remain oblivious to the score and then watched the highlights on the tv back at the staff club. Still got photos someone took of me kegged to the max and celebrating the 2nd goal. Happy days.

I managed to keep clear of the result too. Similar celebrations during the highlights no doubt.

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

That fucking away end.

And a quarter of the home end to our left. Went on a coach from the Monteraze and got there a little late due to piss heads wanting a late drink. (and the subsequent toilet stop) Just taking our seats as SJM scored. Wonderful night.

22 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

And a quarter of the home end to our left. Went on a coach from the Monteraze and got there a little late due to piss heads wanting a late drink. (and the subsequent toilet stop) Just taking our seats as SJM scored. Wonderful night.

Would love to rewind back to that time and start again, but about 6-7 years older. Would be prime drinking age by the time we hit the final few seasons at Burnden then!