Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Waste Disposal.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yes,from next month they have new number plate recognition cameras in operation.

Cars are limited to visiting the tip once a week, vans under 3.5 ton limited to once every 3 weeks, vans over 3.5 ton limited to once every 4 weeks.

Any more visits than that and you will need a trade disposal licence.

I'd expect a significantย increase in fly tipping in the area.

.https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18131939.new-rules-bolton-mean-can-go-tip-week/

They've had npr in operation for some time. Don't think they've been particularly stringent in their monitoring etc though.

Had a serious do with some of the cunts a few years back, before I was working for myself. I had a van though as it was easier to put my fishing gear in, and was using it to take some branches from my father in law's garden. They told me I wasn't allowed to bring someone else's waste, even though he was using a fucking walking stick at the time. Cunty jobsworths.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yes,from next month they have new number plate recognition cameras in operation.

Cars are limited to visiting the tip once a week, vans under 3.5 ton limited to once every 3 weeks, vans over 3.5 ton limited to once every 4 weeks.

Any more visits than that and you will need a trade disposal licence.

I'd expect a significantย increase in fly tipping in the area.

.https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/18131939.new-rules-bolton-mean-can-go-tip-week/

my mrs heard it was 50 times a year, soย asked a bloke at the tip if there were any plans to impose restrictions, and he said no, its nonsense, and you can come as much as you like (though there is a car reg recognition camera already in place)

Edited by ZicoKelly

18 hours ago, kent_white said:

I always have a momentary second of panic after launching something into the skip that I've accidentally wazzed my keys/phone/child in by mistake.

Thatโ€™s me, Iโ€™ve got to the stage where Iโ€™m double/treble checking doors on my way out too. ย Not much trust in myselfย 

18 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I once dumped a load of half empty paint tins at the old Raikes lane tip, the one where you just threw "General waste" over the wall.

A fork lift truck then rammed it's forks into the area where i had just dumped my waste and punctured several tins of my paint, paint flew through the air heavily splattering a woman behind me and all over her car.

Myself and my car were untouched

I left fairly swiftly as she angrily complained to the lads at the tip.

Clearly a accident, no point getting all emulsional about it

• Members

I had a Raikes Lane experience with my old man once. Tipper full of stuff. Tipped it and all these zombie looking types emerged fromย  seemingly nowhere to scavenge through it .

On of the workers said 'This is nowt, you wanna see it when Asda andย M&S trucks arrive dumping out of date chickens and stuff!'

We had a labourer at work onย Lever Street we called Dirty Fred. He supplemented his income by doing the same thing!

I would imagine that tip scavengers are a thing of the past now with Elf & Safety etc.?

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

I dropped my mobile into the skip at the one down Little Hulton about 15 years ago. Dived in for it, and got out looking likeย Worzel Gummidge and gotย a right bollocking

Impressive that

Emerging from a skip looking better than when you fell in.

ย