Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

University of Bolton Stadium recreated in Minecraft

MattRushton1995

Hi everyone, I was wondering if I'd be able to get your thoughts on my full-scale replica of the University of Bolton Stadium that I spent three years working on between 2015 and 2018. It has a fully fleshed interior and was the first of many stadium builds that I have done. The link to the video I have attached is only the first part as the tour video ended up being so long it had to be split into three parts. I'm also hoping to potentially show this to the club as well if it is at all possible but I'm not sure how I'd go about that. As far as I'm aware it was the first time the stadium had been built in Minecraft.

Cheers

https://youtu.be/MB0Sz3K062o

• Site Supporter

I think it's very good but I have a question:

Many of the lines are made up in blocks so appear not to be very straight and come across as tiny zig-zags. I have seen this a lot in video type game pictures. When you get inside the stadium, however, the white pitch lines are absolutely dead straight and not done in pixels at all. Is there a reason?

8 hours ago, Big E said:

Gonzo and SJM are reportedly starting similar builds

Haha my lad just commented on this video   ‘Woooow’ :D

...he got it for Xmas after watching two gimps play it on YouTube day after day. 

Ive no idea how to play, my lad seems to be getting to grips with it but I’m pretty sure he’s just making it up as he goes along. 

...that unibol thing is superb. Whatever floats your boat and all that. Fair play lad. 

I've seen yoof and his mates play it in the past and it's mind boggling. Like Lawnmower Man playing with Lego.

Got to say, I skimmed through that video and can only imagine how many days, hours, weeks, months it took to do that. Amazing really.

Fair fucks to you, fella. Good job.