Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Coventry away

burnden

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why? He spoke recently of his strong desire to work hard, wants to do well etc..

Obviously, that could just be platitudes, but unless he's already been tapped up, it makes little sense not to.

If a club higher up the leagues genuinely wants him, they will pay a bit of money to get him, so signing for us shouldn't be a problem for him.

If it is, then he can fuck off.

He can work hard and do well at other clubs too. And if he is that good then clubs will be tapping him up already, or at least he'll fancy his chances of attracting them.

And even if they would pay money for him, why would he sign for a club heading into League Two when he can sign elsewhere in the summer?

I very much hope he stays but a good case can be made for him leaving.

• Site Supporter

Just sitting down for a meal at Toby Inn at edgworth. Great drive home made better for driving up the south bound and missing a couple of mile tailback. 

Their little guy today wad a bit of a handful but I'd like to know why they got an uncontested drop kick or free kick when the two players collided. It looked as though our guy was clothes lined.

Ref gave us very little and kept counting twelve yards for our wall. 

2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

With Darcy now I wouldn’t play him till he signs a new contract, seasons over for us. So why should we develop him so he can fuck off on a free to another club harsh but decisions up to him 

Official line is he was injured today. Has anyone heard anything different as this seems to be suggested a lot it’s a contract issue?

A nightmare start and i was fearing a mullering, i think we were lucky to go in at half time just 1-0 down. 

We improved second half and made a fist of it.

Wasn't that impressed with Coventry tbh, it's not like they were head and shoulders better than us.

Just under 2 hours to get home, the roadworks and 50mph speed limit must last about 20 miles ffs.

5 minutes ago, tomski said:

Official line is he was injured today. Has anyone heard anything different as this seems to be suggested a lot it’s a contract issue?

He was injured today & was the reason why he’s not played today, just an opinion what I think we should do with him. Also you could say Politic is reaping the rewards getting his new contract 2-2 since he’s signed 

Edited by Okocha10

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just sitting down for a meal at Toby Inn at edgworth. Great drive home made better for driving up the south bound and missing a couple of mile tailback. 

Their little guy today wad a bit of a handful but I'd like to know why they got an uncontested drop kick or free kick when the two players collided. It looked as though our guy was clothes lined.

Ref gave us very little and kept counting twelve yards for our wall. 

Maybe he’s got little legs?

Bang average performance, but great support. We deserve better, but it is what it is. The celebration at 1-1 is what I go to the games for. Limbs everywhere. I was on my back on the row in front for a good 20 seconds, people piling on top. Schofield nowhere to be seen.

Good to meet you Underpants. Unrelated to the celebration.

• Site Supporter

3 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Such a good boozing city Birmingham.

We went in the Cricketers Arms the other side of Morrisons. What a shit hole! Stunk of cat piss and cig smoke, even though pubs have been smoke free for a dozen years.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Bang average performance, but great support. We deserve better, but it is what it is. The celebration at 1-1 is what I go to the games for. Limbs everywhere. I was on my back on the row in front for a good 20 seconds, people piling on top. Schofield nowhere to be seen.

Good to meet you Underpants. Unrelated to the celebration.

I'm not sure giving Mathews stick was particularly great.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I must be missing something. Didn’t hear anything from where I was standing.

A few isolated boos when he failed to drop kick long and then punted out of play. I think one or two knobbers started it and four or five lemmings carried it on. Same folk who sang "We want our kids back!" As if to tell the team it was better watching teenagers getting mullered 5-0 every game.

Location wise, top of the block of seats nearest the netting immediately behind the goal

Edited by MickyD
Added location

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

A few isolated boos when he failed to drop kick long and then punted out of play. I think one or two knobbers started it and four or five lemmings carried it on. Same folk who sang "We want our kids back!" As if to tell the team it was better watching teenagers getting mullered 5-0 every game.

Location wise, top of the block of seats nearest the netting immediately behind the goal

I was back there and heard the chants of “we want our kids back”. Was unnecessary and not quite sure I understand it. If you were up there, I hope I didn’t take you out when we scored :) 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought we bossed second half, ogrady was outstanding, Fleming pisses all over chicksen.  Worry for me is we should have won it but have developed and continue to find a way to lose. Top day by the way. Still not home on a diversion via Wigan. 

another goal conceded from a cross from his side.

Matthews is at best average.

Doesn’t inspire confidence. 

Punches when it seems he could catch it. 

Doesn’t seem seen to command his box. 

Isn’t accurate with his kicks. 

Concedes quite regularly from goal attempts around the goal area. 

Lumbered with him. 

1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Matthews is at best average.

Doesn’t inspire confidence. 

Punches when it seems he could catch it. 

Doesn’t seem seen to command his box. 

Isn’t accurate with his kicks. 

Concedes quite regularly from goal attempts around the goal area. 

Lumbered with him. 

I agree think he’s very very average. 

Both goals were really cheap, again. Their winner, we fall asleep at a throw, let them get the cross in far too easy. Opener, bad lay off puts Fleming out of position then lad who scores unmarked

Hill won't convince me he's what we need, even back in League , till he shows over a run of games he can organise and drill a team to not give shit goals away week after week

Not convinced about Matthews all season, for all the same reasons as an earlier poster. Can understand why the gamble was taken not to bring in an experienced no2, and it probably won't matter much, but if we did have competition for him he'd be watching from the side

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I was back there and heard the chants of “we want our kids back”. Was unnecessary and not quite sure I understand it. If you were up there, I hope I didn’t take you out when we scored :) 

Was that you tumbling down the steps? Wife picked whoever it was up.