Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Division 4 roll call

tomski

Will be there again now matter what next season, but this expectation that we should go up straight away need's to stop. The transfer restrictions & the money football ventures have are going to make it very hard to build a good enough to team to compete. Likes of Bradford & Plymouth etc probably can offer more than we can. Took Portsmouth 3 seasons to get out of this league with the same restrictions, first season they finished 13th

2 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Will be there again now matter what next season, but this expectation that we should go up straight away need's to stop. The transfer restrictions & the money football ventures have are going to make it very hard to build a good enough to team to compete. Likes of Bradford & Plymouth etc probably can offer more than we can. Took Portsmouth 3 seasons to get out of this league with the same restrictions, first season they finished 13th

Disagree. This level is poor, then next even more so. You can build a team of frees at this level and succeed. Promotion has to be the minimum for me.

2 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Agreed. It's not the walk in the park some folk think it could be. The clubs you've listed are ample confirmation of that.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Disagree. This level is poor, then next even more so. You can build a team of frees at this level and succeed. Promotion has to be the minimum for me.

I heard this year saying the level is poor etc etc, yet we have been battered off Accrington Stanley & many other league one teams.You can build a team of frees yes, but with the free players we can get, we can only offer shit wages compared to some other teams in league two. Probably been the reason why we have only signed up conference players this window. Plus we haven't got a guaranteed squad to build on yet, how many of the players we have now will be here next season? The Plymouth game shown where we are compared to other league two team's where I think we would be in the lower half with the current squad we have.

Edited by Okocha10

16 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I heard this year saying the level is poor etc etc, yet we have been battered off Accrington Stanley & many other league one teams.You can build a team of frees yes, but with the free players we can get, we can only offer shit wages compared to some other teams in league two. Probably been the reason why we have only signed up conference players this window. Plus we haven't got a guaranteed squad to build on yet, how many of the players we have now will be here next season? The Plymouth game shown where we are compared to other league two team's where I think we would be in the lower half with the current squad we have.

The two lads signed on permanent contracts this window are from the Isthmian League and North West Counties League.If only we had the money to sign up the best conference players

18 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Agree on a lot of that but I’d be disappointed if that squad is similar next season to now. 

No disrespect to Bradford and Plymouth but we are much bigger.

Anything but promotion would be officially our worst season ever. I don’t think it’s wrong to expect better imo. 

We aren’t bigger than the division we deserve to be in etc but I think you can call it a failure if we achieve anything less?

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Agree on a lot of that but I’d be disappointed if that squad is similar next season to now. 

Anything but promotion would be officially our worst season ever. I don’t think it’s wrong to expect better imo. 

We aren’t bigger than the division we deserve to be in etc but I think you can call it a failure if we achieve anything less?

Being a bigger club means nothing though again we're bigger than most teams in league one doesn't mean we should finish near the top of the league, more likely teams will up there game more against us. I wouldn't call it a failure if we didn't get promoted being near the promotion places wouldn't be a failure for me. When we sort our finances out & remove this embargo, then if we don't get promotion that would be failure but all this still needs sorting for next season.

40 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The two lads signed on permanent contracts this window are from the Isthmian League and North West Counties League.If only we had the money to sign up the best conference players

You get the gist of it don't you 😂 how the can people say we should be going up next season when we've not even signed anyone for next season who you could say would do a decent job in league two. Football Ventures need to get there act together now for me to sign up some of the players who contracts run out at the end of this season is about 13 players something like that?. Especially Darcy & Politic contracts need nailing down. We could be in the same situation again like last season where have no squad. Don't like some of the shit Keith has come out with but he when he said this the other day he was 100% correct .

Edited by Okocha10

27 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Being a bigger club means nothing though again we're bigger than most teams in league one doesn't mean we should finish near the top of the league, more likely teams will up there game more against us. I wouldn't call it a failure if we didn't get promoted being near the promotion places wouldn't be a failure for me. When we sort our finances out & remove this embargo, then if we don't get promotion that would be failure but all this still needs sorting for next season.

Yes I agree a bigger club means nothing. But I do think it gives us the right to call our worst season ever shit. 

Promotion has to be the aim.

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yes I agree a bigger club means nothing. But I do think it gives us the right to call our worst season ever shit. 

Promotion has to be the aim.

It is shit where the club is at the moment, what Ken has done as put us the club another 5-6 years than where it should be

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

Officially ? That's a big statement after our last couple of years. We need to consolidate next season, see what finances are like, what we can afford.

Living within our means has got to be number one priority. 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Not normally into the bigger clubs carries more clout however... 

This is bolton wanderers in division 4 I genuinely believe if we can offer 2k but say Plymouth  can pay 4 a player will come to us 

if everyone is on board this could be a great ride for new players facilities best support in the league 

No way will any player take a 2k a week less salary to play for BWFC. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

11 minutes ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Officially ? That's a big statement after our last couple of years. We need to consolidate next season, see what finances are like, what we can afford.

Technically he's right as it would be our lowest ever finishing position.

1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Edit. Matt answered already.

Edited by tomski

In 16-17 season Chesterfield took 4 points off us, even though we eventually went up. I remember going to the 1-0 defeat at theirs just before Xmas and they looked a tidy enough side. So must have had summat going for them - but went down. Next year, they went down again. Last year they flirted with relegation from the national league and are doing so again

Now that ain't a prediction or comparing history/potential with Chesterfield. But it does show that when it goes tits up it really can keep going tits up. Not that it will with us to that extent. But it shows you can't take the 4th tier for granted.

34 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

In 16-17 season Chesterfield took 4 points off us, even though we eventually went up. I remember going to the 1-0 defeat at theirs just before Xmas and they looked a tidy enough side. So must have had summat going for them - but went down. Next year, they went down again. Last year they flirted with relegation from the national league and are doing so again

Now that ain't a prediction or comparing history/potential with Chesterfield. But it does show that when it goes tits up it really can keep going tits up. Not that it will with us to that extent. But it shows you can't take the 4th tier for granted.

That National League is a killer, so many teams Iv'e seen playing Wanderer's in the past, a very hard league to get out of.