Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons

Biggish Dave

2 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Some will be it will be a disaster; with the right manager from the start this season we would have stayed up

Think is I came away from that MK home game with the last minute winner not just hopeful of staying up but I was convinced we would.

I know injuries have hammered us but what the hell has happened since then?

8 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Anybody still want to give this bloke a full pre season and the first 10 games next season?

Should be seeing some improvement even with our dodgy squad but it’s not happening.

Don’t feel remotely confident but fear we could be stuck with him

If Kenyon is advising surely there will be a plan B ?

Could live with some of the losses, such as Pompey (when we had more of the kids in) where we played some football and battled hard against a promotion favourite. We're not worrying teams in the bottom six, can't defend and don't look like scoring either. I didn't ever expect us to stay up, but I did expect us to establish a way of playing and at least win a few games and give some opponents a tough afternoon. 

None of that's happening, can't see that it will suddenly start happening and, given the quality of players we will be able to attract this Summer won't be much different to this lot, I don't see how Hill can organise or galvanize them into a unit that will do what's required to get us back up. 

Didn't think Hill was the right choice to do what was required in our situation, was prepared to give him every chance though and hoped he'd prove me wrong. It's not happening so time for him to get his coat.