Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

MK Dons

Biggish Dave

I watched the game on the telly, nearly fell asleep. Been offered a lift to Richmond for the AFC Wimbledon game, at one time I would have snatched his hand off, not anymore. This is just taking the piss. Roll on next season.

Edited by leigh white

7 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Just noticed Zach Cloughs dad has put a word in about Hill again basically agreeing with fans that Keith Hills clueless & needs to go. Guessing he wants his son back at Bolton 😂

I wish Brian Clough was still around and had some interest in Bolton.

6 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Just noticed Zach Cloughs dad has put a word in about Hill again basically agreeing with fans that Keith Hills clueless & needs to go. Guessing he wants his son back at Bolton 😂

I spoke to Zach about 3 weeks ago at a Forest U23 game , when I mentioned that I'd like him back at Bolton , he said that he'd love to come back , but that the January rumours were a load of Bollocks .

It was gutting watching him playing amongst all Forest's kids , no other squad players were involved and to make it worse it wasn't even a league game , it was a  Notts senior cup match  , a competition for local non league sides that Forest have entered with their kids.

Zach played for 60 minutes  before being subbed and you could see how pissed off he was by that , after the game he told me in no uncertain terms what he thought of Forests treatment of him.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Makes the pain of defeat a lot easier to take when you're sat in your comfy living room with a few cans rather than in the cold stadium watching one of the hairy bikers kick off with other fans.

Was it the hairy guy kicking off or was it the other guy kicking if with the hairy guy? 

Either way it seemed like I was back at school when all the children couldn't wait to follow the argument in case it got to handbags. 

Embarrassing! 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Couldn't really follow what was happening in the video so the only person you could 100% say was being a dick was the person filming.

Is this season's massive elephant  that Parky would have had a far better go at keeping us up than these gobshites?

Should have been on from the start.

I’m genuinely worried we are looking at another drop next season. The club is a mess. We are beaten before we kick off every game. Tranmere aside (worst opposition I’ve seen) I don’t think we will win a game again this season.

Im worried we don’t seem to be selecting/starting players who will be here next season and in terms of bringing players in, well the moneyball stuff seemed to die off a few days after it was announced.

MK dons were crap and an average team would of picked them off with their play from the back policy. At half time it was abundantly obvious this had 1-0 MK dons written all over it. These lads have thrown the towel in.

My main wonder now is it all down to:

A) Hill

B ) Players being poor

C) The club is still rotten and more of the good work previous owners have done are still hanging over.

D) A combination of all of the above.

I suspect D) and I’m very worried about next season.

Edited by tomski

I'm certainly worried too but also retain some (probably unreasonable) hope that next season will be our lowest point and that we'll come out of it with a promotion by whatever means.

But, like you say, all the current evidence we have suggests more struggle and more strife.

I do wonder if Hill is really part of FV plans now for next season after the way results, mood around the club and his deteriorating attitude have gone. I know we're now in this social media cycle of zero patience with anyone but the tide on there has most definitely turned against Hill and you struggle to see how he'd turn that around now. Once an opinion snowballs on there and carries through to matches, the game is up rightly or (in my view) wrongly.

I'm glad we're not in a KA situation where you had a statement/rant every five minutes but once relegation is confirmed I hope they come out and really set out their hopes and plans for summer and 20/21.

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m keeping positive as you don’t have to put much of a team out to be competitive in league one, and league 2 gonna be worse standard. Minimum requirement next year is the play offs.  

I hold onto this too. We've seen from 2 seasons in L1 that even just a generally standard team with a sprinkling of 2-3 players (often loaned in from PL/Champ) with a bit of something can see you right.

Need to start all that from scratch though.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I hold onto this too. We've seen from 2 seasons in L1 that even just a generally standard team with a sprinkling of 2-3 players (often loaned in from PL/Champ) with a bit of something can see you right.

Need to start all that from scratch though.

I watched last 10 minutes of Salford game yesterday and it was woeful, Colchester when they retrieved possession just kicked it as far as possible, last second ball came into Colchester box Salford lad had free header nearly flew over the..... stadium roof. If that’s what big money buys at this level it’s crazy. Even our current best 11 would be top 6 easily. 

11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m keeping positive as you don’t have to put much of a team out to be competitive in league one, and league 2 gonna be worse standard. Minimum requirement next year is the play offs.  

Finishing anything lower than 3rd will be the worst ever BWFC team in history. It’s deffo a minimum.

I genuinely fear another relegation as things stand. Loads of time to amend but from what I can see in the here and now we are in mega trouble.

As for a hitting rock bottom, I can count Multiple times this season we have hit new rock bottoms. 

Tranmere 5-0 (I appreciate this was kids but still a low)

Accrington 7-1

Losing to Rochdale 4 times in a season 

The collapse at Lincoln.

More worryingly than anger. People are losing interest at rapid rates. 

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I watched last 10 minutes of Salford game yesterday and it was woeful, Colchester when they retrieved possession just kicked it as far as possible, last second ball came into Colchester box Salford lad had free header nearly flew over the..... stadium roof. If that’s what big money buys at this level it’s crazy. Even our current best 11 would be top 6 easily

I'd be inclined to agree, but not under this leadership. If he hasn't lost the dressing room he's definitely lost the fans. It's 6 months until we kick off in L2, can we really afford 6 months of anger, apathy and resentment before we even realistically kick another ball competitively?

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Also this shit is embarrassing also, we should be in together now fucking arguing the toss falling out with each other 

The greasy looking one, I've seen him doing the same at other games

Sheff Utd away in our league one promotion season was one occasion

15 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Looking at the comments to that tweet it would appear that most of Bolton have witnessed him acting the twat at games.

Edited by deane koontz

19 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

He called our support at Birmingham ‘peasants’ one year which still makes me laugh. 

Going off the comments it seems many have had a row with him over the years.

@deane koontzbeat me to it ha

Edited by tomski

It does look rather bleak right now and next season can’t come quickly enough.

I can’t see many of the players we have now sticking around. Which isn’t a bad thing, though I’m sure they’d perform much better in League 2. 

With the embargo it’s going to be a nightmare trying to get players tied down early so it’ll be another season of hoping a team of freebies and rejects can gel. With that in mind, I think even playoffs is a lofty aspiration for next year, I’d take midtable.

Things change quickly in football though, so hopefully the masterplan gets going in summer and we start building a team to be proud of. Hopefully KH gets binned off but I’ll fully understand if FV want to give him a proper go without all the bullshit that’s tainted this season.