Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Members
4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Chinese New Year on Sunday so millions of 'em will be travelling everywhere accross the globe as well as in China. We could all be dead in a month.

The virus originated in a seafood market in Wuhan city. Dodgy prawns.

Nah! Just more anti seafood nonsense. Reporting down here it emanated from snakes! They eat them too!

Allegedly very tasty with tiger penis sauce and sprinkling of ground rhino horn (the cunts).

Mortality rate doesn't seem that high yet - but not sure if you can trust the figures or not.

SARS had a mortality rate of about 15%. If the Chinese numbers are anywhere close to accurate (which they aren't but assume cases under-reported deaths closer to reality) its 3.5% for this but almost certainly lower. 

Having said that its still way more deadly than flu and likely way more contagious than ebola. 

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Nah! Just more anti seafood nonsense. Reporting down here it emanated from snakes! They eat them too!

Allegedly very tasty with tiger penis sauce and sprinkling of ground rhino horn (the cunts).

I heard on the radio today it could have come from bats............I'm guessing they don't have a clue at the minute

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I heard on the radio today it could have come from bats............I'm guessing they don't have a clue at the minute

I heard or read they think it started from illegal animals being sold on some market

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

I heard or read they think it started from illegal animals being sold on some market

that wouldn't be a surprise, they'll eat most things in China, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some infected mammals have got into the food chain, and from there is spreads. as they've just started moving around now for CNY, we'll see how bad this is, if it's really bad then we'll soon find out as people move from the coastal areas inland from whence they came, and then back again over the next week or so

I'm supposed to be back over there in March, so I hope it's not too bad  

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Sweep said:

that wouldn't be a surprise, they'll eat most things in China, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that some infected mammals have got into the food chain, and from there is spreads. as they've just started moving around now for CNY, we'll see how bad this is, if it's really bad then we'll soon find out as people move from the coastal areas inland from whence they came, and then back again over the next week or so

I'm supposed to be back over there in March, so I hope it's not too bad  

for some reason, it didn't occur to me that they'd be selling the animals for actual consumption

but aye

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-virus-china-bans-food-markets-selling-live-animals-wolves-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

not only that

live fucking wolves to take home, kill and eat

and civet cats, whatever they are

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

for some reason, it didn't occur to me that they'd be selling the animals for actual consumption

but aye

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-virus-china-bans-food-markets-selling-live-animals-wolves-2020-1?r=US&IR=T

not only that

live fucking wolves to take home, kill and eat

and civet cats, whatever they are

you can buy really expensive coffee that is made from partially digested coffee beans after Civets eat them. So basically cat shit coffee, it costs loads as well. Sounds lovely.