Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not stop, no. But realise that putting all your eggs in one basket is risky. Especially when that country doesn't operate on the same fair plane as others.

I understand what you're saying, but nothing will change....in fact, to recover, they'll go on the offensive, and look to reduce prices further, so possibly increase their market share.

Anyway, update from my main factory in Shanghai.....they've got a few staff back, and are running at about 20% capacity, they expect to be up at 70%-80% by the start of March. Their main issue now, is that DHL, FedEx and UPS are all refusing to enter the province and collect or deliver anything until the end of February at the earliest. We're now looking at potentially being in a situation where we won't have received any product from our main suppliers for almost 7 weeks, which is causing a bit of an issue now

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Listened to an expert from Singapore who stated this virus does not last long in hot and humid conditions but can thrive in the cold. Check out the Wuhan weather forecasts.

Just tell us the Wuhan forecasts. What is this?  Click bait? 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I understand what you're saying, but nothing will change....in fact, to recover, they'll go on the offensive, and look to reduce prices further, so possibly increase their market share.

Anyway, update from my main factory in Shanghai.....they've got a few staff back, and are running at about 20% capacity, they expect to be up at 70%-80% by the start of March. Their main issue now, is that DHL, FedEx and UPS are all refusing to enter the province and collect or deliver anything until the end of February at the earliest. We're now looking at potentially being in a situation where we won't have received any product from our main suppliers for almost 7 weeks, which is causing a bit of an issue now

Have you sold them any face masks at huge profit yet?

A couple of ladies (experts) were on the beeb yesterday, explaining how it transmits. Either by droplet inhalation from someone else's sneeze/cough or by contact with fluid on objects.

The next question that was posted to them was how long is the virus viable in fluid on an object. They reckoned not long, a day at most, which should mean no infection risk from imported packages.

I suppose that would depend exactly how long a delivery by air would take door to door, but as you point out, couriers might look at things differently.

On 12/02/2020 at 01:26, Rudy’s Message said:

It is cold now in Wuhan and warms up as the year progresses, June and July hottest months, bit like UK. 

Where I live, in Thailand, it is hot and humid year round and most who have the virus, 32 cases, are from Wuhan. A Thai taxi driver caught it off a customer from Wuhan. He sits in an aircon cab all day. He fully recovered after a week.

What is click bait?

Edited by Mannyroader

The latest analysis has provided a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

The worldwide confirmed cases per day number  has plateaued out for 3 or 4 days and is now falling  - the deaths per day is still rising, but this should start to fall in the next week or so, if it follows the confirmed cases pattern.

More interesting is the latest figures from a Chinese hospital study, where the outcomes of over 1,000 patients with confirmed cases deemed severe enough for hospitalisation were measured.

The good news is that the mortality rate of those hospitalised is 1.3% - this is much lower than the  initially suggested 2% of the total infected population, and if correct it suggests that the current death rate outside of China, 0.4% is more realistic.

looks like the corona virus may have hit Doncaster badly by the amount of fans I can see in the stands on Ifollow at the moment, or is that just the wind?

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

The latest analysis has provided a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

The worldwide confirmed cases per day number  has plateaued out for 3 or 4 days and is now falling  - the deaths per day is still rising, but this should start to fall in the next week or so, if it follows the confirmed cases pattern.

More interesting is the latest figures from a Chinese hospital study, where the outcomes of over 1,000 patients with confirmed cases deemed severe enough for hospitalisation were measured.

The good news is that the mortality rate of those hospitalised is 1.3% - this is much lower than the  initially suggested 2% of the total infected population, and if correct it suggests that the current death rate outside of China, 0.4% is more realistic.

looks like the corona virus may have hit Doncaster badly by the amount of fans I can see in the stands on Ifollow at the moment, or is that just the wind?

Hopefully good news then and we aren't actually all going to die of bad (man made chinese) aids after all...

• Members
47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I was extremely lucky. My lad is into stuff about adverse weather. I nearly shouted him over to come and have a look.

I wonder what 'treatments' he uses on his patients! :)

I have a very high retention rate 

• Site Supporter

Why do people seem to think that a low mortality rate is a good thing here?

Its not chicken pox. You can contract this again within a few weeks, thereby increasing the risk of death.

It also seems to mutate quickly according to the WHO. Don’t get fooled again by statistics.

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why do people seem to think that a low mortality rate is a good thing here?

Its not chicken pox. You can contract this again within a few weeks, thereby increasing the risk of death.

It also seems to mutate quickly according to the WHO. Don’t get fooled again by statistics.

It’s nowt worse than a cold.
That can Go up there with it is what it is in terms of stupidity. 

this thing is mutating it appears as you highlight. 
I have a cold today. I’m alright and bashing on not a problem. I certainly don’t fancy giving coronavirus a wee run out though 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s nowt worse than a cold.
That can Go up there with it is what it is in terms of stupidity. 

this thing is mutating it appears as you highlight. 
I have a cold today. I’m alright and bashing on not a problem. I certainly don’t fancy giving coronavirus a wee run out though 

The Chinese are definitely not telling the whole truth.

51 minutes ago, Spider said:

The Chinese are definitely not telling the whole truth.

It’s significantly worse in terms of both cases and mortality rates than they are letting on. Quite how bad is anyone’s guess. 
but for me when we had things like sars and Ebola the UK government weren’t quite as nervous from memory unless someone can correct me?

but it’s nowt worse than a cold so no need to worry