Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 hours ago, royal white said:

Flights from Europe to America have been banned from Friday for the next 30 days apart from flights from........the UK.

cheers Donald! 

The flights are empty though apparently, the carriers are having to fly them to keep the slots 

He would be better off banning them 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Spider said:

I bet Iran is worse than China was, but they’ll never admit it.

As bad as it will be with self-isolators having a few days off, as soon as the schools shut we are properly fucked.

Mate teaches in Dubai

Schools shut down for next 4 weeks, which is nice for him

I'm ok with working from home, i do it anyway, and as self employed if i watch Netflix i don't get any work done and don't get paid, so no time for skiving

What i would give for two weeks of self isolation though

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

Mate teaches in Dubai

Schools shut down for next 4 weeks, which is nice for him

I'm ok with working from home, i do it anyway, and as self employed if i watch Netflix i don't get any work done and don't get paid, so no time for skiving

What i would give for two weeks of self isolation though

It wasn't nice they moved the holidays forward 2 weeks with no notice when folk were planning to fly home

Daughters on holiday but then doing 2 weeks teaching by internet

• Site Supporter
47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

EU rules innit. 

Not for the time being.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51818492

However, European Commission President Ursula Von der Leyen has announced that airlines will be allowed to keep their slots even if they are not flying routes.

"This is a temporary measure, and this temporary measure helps both our industry, but it also helps our environment," she said.

Edited by Cheese

12 hours ago, gonzo said:

You need to put it together with flu. And every other dangerous virus. 

Your adding to a problem that already exists making the problem ten times worse.

Why is this notion so hard to grasp?

some people won't be happy until it has killed more people than flu.

9 hours ago, royal white said:

Flights from Europe to America have been banned from Friday for the next 30 days apart from flights from........the UK.

and also flights from Albania, Andora, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Ireland, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine are still allowed as well.

Apparently they're considering banning "goods and cargo" from Europe as well - watch the stock markets fall off a cliff if that does happen

Edited by Sweep

• Members
13 minutes ago, Anderson said:

We're making light of a serious situation here, he's very much at risk catching this virus. You know, on account of the HIV.

Hooch has the HIV?

Edited by Rudy’s Message

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

What you reckon Rog, invest in Eccles cakes whilst you can?

I've got my vegetable seeds on the go, and spuds in.

Now there's no danger of Corbyn taking them, I reckon I'll have a nice little supply chain should transport be hit.

Probably feed my street for a day! :)

6 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Might has well call all games off for the rest of the season and start a fresh next. Liverpool win no league and we'll be in League one 👍

I really think playing behind closed doors is a nonsense. IF public health experts decide crowds can't go then I think they should abandon the season strike it through completely and start again next season IF possible. We'd be on -12 but that's the way it goes.