Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I know the name of two people that live in my street and they remain the only two I’ve ever muttered a word to. 

if they want help I will help of course but won’t be giving my number out to the Cunts that’s for sure or pretending I’ve any interest in any of them. 

Get in the street group and then get some clips off myself and Gonzo....see how long they last 🤪

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, royal white said:

simple explanation going around on FB

The Government Plan explained  to why we are not in lock down .

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, illand at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older,ill and at risk can be group B

The general population generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about it’s business keeping the country moving kids at school us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community
Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away The NHS are not strained by A and B while its looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides in to groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With B and C though the cycle
A is free to have NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season. 

That’s where I’m at

Makes the most sense. We can’t outrun it, we can’t kill it. Take it on and keep losses to a minimum.

Its crucial we keep working and keep kids in school. The risks are so low that it’s just common sense.

Our health and strategy mob deserve the keys to the kingdom of this works, which I honestly think it will.

57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I know the name of two people that live in my street and they remain the only two I’ve ever muttered a word to. 

if they want help I will help of course but won’t be giving my number out to the Cunts that’s for sure or pretending I’ve any interest in any of them. 

Aye superb British spirit on display. This is why we’re fucked. Twats with fucking no community spirit stealing pasta off each other in supermarkets and being generally dickheads to each other.

Then we add in people who just plan to carry on and ignore the advice cos they’ll be fine. The generation who won WW2 must look at this and think why the fuck did we bother?

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Aye superb British spirit on display. This is why we’re fucked. Twats with fucking no community spirit stealing pasta off each other in supermarkets and being generally dickheads to each other.

Then we add in people who just plan to carry on and ignore the advice cos they’ll be fine. The generation who won WW2 must look at this and think why the fuck did we bother?

That there is bullshit. Was on the fence about you fella... The last sentence quantifies you as a twat

No fucking need

2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Our street has set up a WhatsApp group so folk can help if anybody has to self isolate. 

Nice touch

Myself and missus are the youngest in our cul de sac in our mid fifties. We are a close nit group who go out every month for a meal. 
 Tonight we’ve been round to our 11 Neigbours with our contact details if they need anything. Already had a call from an 89 year old asking if we can get her some new hearing aid batteries.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, royal white said:

simple explanation going around on FB

The Government Plan explained  to why we are not in lock down .

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, illand at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older,ill and at risk can be group B

The general population generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about it’s business keeping the country moving kids at school us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community
Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away The NHS are not strained by A and B while its looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides in to groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With B and C though the cycle
A is free to have NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season. 

Wasn't that the case Monday morning, then, by monday evening we're told no social contact and non essential travel?

Im all for the above But are we now in semi lock down sort of? Could change again before the weeks out

Dunno but it already seems out of date

• Site Supporter

A note of caution. I asked the elderly lady up the street to let me know if she needed anything during all this, and she replied by saying “I’m 52 you cheeky twat”

So, just check first.

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This is the piece of research that has led to a change in the governments strategy and rapid increase and ramping up of measures.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf

Panicked when I saw 'Cummings D.A.T' in the references but a quick Google assuaged my fears. 

increasing pressure on the government to helicopter money all over the place 

Many European countries doing the same, guaranteeing between 75% and 90% of average income for a few months, even covering the self employed 

France just announced over €350bn worth of funding, promised to bail out all industries, that’s the sort of confidence booster the economy needs in a short term crisis like this 

Even Hawkish American politicians advising that America give everyone $1,000 dollars 

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I expect the U.K. to announce something similar this week, come on chancellor 

9 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

increasing pressure on the government to helicopter money all over the place 

Many European countries doing the same, guaranteeing between 75% and 90% of average income for a few months, even covering the self employed 

France just announced over €350bn worth of funding, promised to bail out all industries, that’s the sort of confidence booster the economy needs in a short term crisis like this 

Even Hawkish American politicians advising that America give everyone $1,000 dollars 

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I expect the U.K. to announce something similar this week, come on chancellor 

Fancy new train tracks can get to fuck. We need to protect our people. 

This is world war 2 tackle and something none of us have faced before. 

Every single penny our country have should be chucked at this. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fancy new train tracks can get to fuck. We need to protect our people. 

This is world war 2 tackle and something none of us have faced before. 

Every single penny our country have should be chucked at this. 

Yep.

If the french have £300billion knocking about, we should have the same at the very least.

Everyone needs looking after. Properly. Or civil unrest is less then a month away and this could turn very very ugly.