Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Hate nurseries. And I don’t mean the ones selling 2ft conifers! 
Both myself and the Mrs are quite possibly going to be “without income” in the next few weeks. 
No sympathy at all. Surely if schools and colleges closing - nurseries need to follow suit. We’ve been told we’d have to give a month notice and our place would go to someone else! Quite a shitty response. 
Arseholes!

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep, same aim - its all we can do. Different strategy.

The paper talked about closures of schools, colleges etc so I'd be expecting those to follow fairly soon. it talked about protecting people in NHS so again perhaps schools open with small staff just for NHS workers to keep those on frontline.

I expect public organisations etc to be closing down fairly soon. In terms of measures we're moving now over the next few weeks towards Italy, Ireland, Spain and France. Our plans are basically (with the odd tweak here and there) theirs. 

Do we need to close schools?

no doubt we’ll find out

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

no doubt we’ll find out

I honestly think it would be mental to close schools.

You may as well shoot loads of grandparents who will have to care for them.

It's easter soon, maybe bring the 2 week break forward by a week.

39 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

no doubt we’ll find out

I think we will. At the right time (and I've heard a whisper that will be before Easter) but who knows. Schools are struggling as it is - many claim they can't open beyond this week. 

I personally think we're moving towards the complete curfew and lockdown in Italy anyway - already NHS beds at 90% capacity and rising - in a few days time.....

The country, business and everything is going to be secondary now. People can't work because they're looking after their kids - its going to be small fry in the grand scheme. The government are simply going to have to pump hundreds of billions in to keep business afloat. 

• Members
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

It’ll be absolute carnage. 
Say you have three kids, you both work, One of you has to stop working to look after them. It’ll cause so many problems for workplaces 

As does not testing people who are having to isolate a full household because one person is showing all the symptoms. I can see it could be a ball ache logistically and financially but if I could do none of my work at home and was just sat here then a company is suffering needlessly.

32 minutes ago, Spider said:

They really need to try to keep them open

• Site Supporter

Just ticked up to 71

Any way, here's what should happen:

* Schools stay open - the kids are not at risk

* Open the war chest. £300/400/500 billion. Whatever it takes. When this is over the economy will fucking fly

* Round up the oldies and send them all to the seaside for a few weeks, on the taxpayer.

* Leave the fucking pubs open

Just now, Spider said:

Just ticked up to 71

Any way, here's what should happen:

* Schools stay open - the kids are not at risk

* Open the war chest. £300/400/500 billion. Whatever it takes. When this is over the economy will fucking fly

* Round up the oldies and send them all to the seaside for a few weeks, on the taxpayer.

* Leave the fucking pubs open

Talk about schools around here finishing Friday 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Basically thats because staff are off, sick list today was massive. But administered an online exam this morning, all Students turned up.

8 cases in the manchester area, 3 in Bolton, 3 in Wigan/Leigh. According to the postcode virus search online.

Didn’t have you down as a teacher!

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Basically thats because staff are off, sick list today was massive. But administered an online exam this morning, all Students turned up.

8 cases in the manchester area, 3 in Bolton, 3 in Wigan/Leigh. According to the postcode virus search online.

Aye Plus there’s a few preggers too