Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Testing isn’t going to slow it down though is it. It’s just going to make us more aware and maybe just maybe some of the idiots  like Rudy’s neighbors may get the drift. But I think it’s too late based on what’s happening elsewhere. I’m now officially In the shitting myself camp 

It’s probably too late now, we’re on the hook

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Testing isn’t going to slow it down though is it. It’s just going to make us more aware and maybe just maybe some of the idiots  like Rudy’s neighbors may get the drift. But I think it’s too late based on what’s happening elsewhere. I’m now officially In the shitting myself camp 

Testing more enables us to find more infections earlier, some of which could be asymptomatic, and would be more likely to pass it around without knowing without the test.

Finding earlier cases means earlier isolation, less people to trace back. 

If we tested everyone in the uk today, everyone who tested positive would isolate, and everyone negative would be less likely to catch it.

Just now, boltondiver said:

It’s probably too late now, we’re on the hook

That’s where I’m at pal now. My own perspective has changed massively in the last two days. If this carries on I’m going to be say with pencils up my nose shortly drinking dark fruits and challenging youri and @e2e4 for being zoomer of the year 

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

Testing more enables us to find more infections earlier, some of which could be asymptomatic, and would be more likely to pass it around without knowing without the test.

Finding earlier cases means earlier isolation, less people to trace back. 

If we tested everyone in the uk today, everyone who tested positive would isolate, and everyone negative would be less likely to catch it.

Obviously mate I get that in an ideal world testing us all is the answer. But it can’t happen. So whilst increased testing is necessary it isn’t going to stop this now it’s too late it’s got a hold.  That’s all I’m saying 

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Why haven’t we locked down, do you think?

They think this is going to work instead. However, as the line at the bottom implies, this only works if everyone complies. If they think it's not working, or the figures continue to grow in certain areas, I think they'll be looking down soon.

Screenshot_20200321-103830_Twitter.jpg

Edited by peelyfeet

1 minute ago, Ani said:

The big thing would be the test to show who has had it. 

You then have s group of people who can start keeping things going and be safe. 

I was wondering this earlier and it might seem a bit of a daft question but would it show up a positive test if for example somebody had the virus in January and recovered and was then tested this week?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I was wondering this earlier and it might seem a bit of a daft question but would it show up a positive test if for example somebody had the virus in January and recovered and was then tested this week?

Yes

the antibodies will be present for life

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Simplistic then but they’re the people we need to be driving the economy right now, isn’t it? There doesn’t seem to be much talk of increasing the frequency of testing though?

The test is planned to be rolled out en masse but it’ll take a couple of months.

Game changer for certain

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Obviously mate I get that in an ideal world testing us all is the answer. But it can’t happen. So whilst increased testing is necessary it isn’t going to stop this now it’s too late it’s got a hold.  That’s all I’m saying  

We just have to save as many as we can

No fate but what we make ourselves

PSnmtf2.jpg

9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Well I’ve just had some awful news. My missus Great aunties son has severe asthma and has had some sort of bug for a few days which has made his breathing very troublesome and left him bed ridden 

overnight it got so bad and he’s now in intensive care in an induced coma and being ventilated and they are awaiting the results of the test but all things point to corona virus. 

He’s 45 years old or thereabouts and it’s looking grim poor sod 

Just had confirmation he’s tested positive for covid-19. Poor bastard. 

like I say I don’t know the guy but just brings it all closer to home this 😔.

Stay safe folks and all your families. Going to be a bumpy ride this 

Just now, Escobarp said:

Hope he's one of the ones who makes it pal.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bolton_blondie said:

I've had a drink or 2 and I don't know wether it's the gin talking but I'm feeling well and truly ready for work Monday to kick this fucking virus's arse! My Nana (whos a fucking legend) is 90 in May and she will be bloody well seeing it! 😢

Humbling stuff.

Heroes, the fucking lot of you.

• Members
4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I've had a drink or 2 and I don't know wether it's the gin talking but I'm feeling well and truly ready for work Monday to kick this fucking virus's arse! My Nana (whos a fucking legend) is 90 in May and she will be bloody well seeing it! 😢

Give it hell BB

@Spider how’s the beard coming on?

4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I know spider raised this previously but when this is over and it will be over I would like to chip in to send both you and Kent out for a night out with your other halves. It isn’t much but you lot are absolute superstars and deserve every bit of gratitude we can put your way. 

thank you genuinely just thank you 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Shit I'm sorry. Last week id gave fobbed all this off as no worse than the flu. Now Im kind of worried (not for me) 😢

37 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

They think this is going to work instead. However, as the line at the bottom implies, this only works if everyone complies. If they think it's not working, or the figures continue to grow in certain areas, I think they'll be looking down soon.

Screenshot_20200321-103830_Twitter.jpg

Also this needs to be kept up for 12 months plus. Good luck with that after one day people are failing to comply.