Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

I see Corrie & emmerdale have stopped filming and will be going to 3 times a week 

I hope yasmine comes to her senses with geoff and cain sorts Malone out before they run out of  episodes 

Can’t they just play some old episodes and nobody would be any the wiser🤷‍♂️

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

What about running?

I’m reallt hopeful that our government allow some sort of allowance for running or walking. I suffered terribly with depression for a number of years and it was walking that saved me I won’t lie. They take that away from us and I’m really concerned for peoples mental health including my own 

7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

It’s a sad situation when the McDonalds statement has made the thicker members of the extended family realise that we may have a problem

Im now in isolation. Nowt to do with the virus. I called them all thick cunting fuckwits for a having a Mother’s Day meal at the sister in laws and they now won’t speak to me. And the matriarch is sat in Royal Oldham with pneumonia on a ventilator 

Hard work when it’s your own being cunts

You did the right thing

Ive got in my head that everyone is going to have this pandemic affect them on a personal level. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’m reallt hopeful that our government allow some sort of allowance for running or walking. I suffered terribly with depression for a number of years and it was walking that saved me I won’t lie. They take that away from us and I’m really concerned for peoples mental health including my own 

Adapt it and set yourself a challenge in the home. It can be done, you can do it👍

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

Mate, if running isn't allowed I'd be going mental

If i can walk my dog 50m from home i can do sprints outside my house

Had my first resistance band workout tonight, it was good and i feel buff

But it's no substitute for a run, i even regard it as a form of self testing

I currently drink and smoke that much of an evening i wake up with a cough and the sweats, but once I've been for a run I realise it was just a hangover and not Corona

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

That's who I am talking about.There's an awful lot of us.

Aye, the supermarket cleaners are more essential than ever

There's a lot of people involved in keeping public services open

And supermarkets

They are looking to hire "thousands" to keep things going

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-51976075

And most of them Will have had a completely different job a week or so ago

• Members

If Outdoor running is banned I have a gym with weights, treadmill, bike, rowing machine 

Under the stairs is half way to being converted to a sauna

The sprogs paddling pool is getting an airing out right now 

Our Maude is an angry Irish so she’ll be doing sparring sessions 

Then head to the Shed for a well earned pint and a game of arrows 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Aye, the supermarket cleaners are more essential than ever

There's a lot of people involved in keeping public services open

And supermarkets

They are looking to hire "thousands" to keep things going

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-51976075

And most of them Will have had a completely different job a week or so ago

Exactly, there are lots opportunities at the moment,even if they are short term.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

It’s a sad situation when the McDonalds statement has made the thicker members of the extended family realise that we may have a problem

Im now in isolation. Nowt to do with the virus. I called them all thick cunting fuckwits for a having a Mother’s Day meal at the sister in laws and they now won’t speak to me. And the matriarch is sat in Royal Oldham with pneumonia on a ventilator 

Hard work when it’s your own being cunts

It's a bad do. My aunt posted on facebook on friday night in a packed pub as a last hurrah. Her daughters told her she was an idiot but she actually replied she was more likely to catch it at work. She works as a hospital receptionist. I fucking give up.

8 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

If it does come to a lock down and they stop running outdoors, I'd recommend running up and down stairs for a time limit you set yourself.

I can run miles cross country. But three flights of stairs and my legs want to pack it in...

30 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

If it does come to a lock down and they stop running outdoors, I'd recommend running up and down stairs for a time limit you set yourself.

In lockdown last week on holiday overseas. Sneaked out of my room to nearest flight of stairs and ran up and down them for a good 20 mins.
Mainly 1 step at time for beginner. 
2 steps here and there for intermediate. 
3 steps for advanced. 
And 4 steps for the nose breaker level!
Whenever I work from home I tend to use my stairs as part of my workout. 

Edited by Smiley

39 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

If Outdoor running is banned I have a gym with weights, treadmill, bike, rowing machine 

Under the stairs is half way to being converted to a sauna

The sprogs paddling pool is getting an airing out right now 

Our Maude is an angry Irish so she’ll be doing sparring sessions 

Then head to the Shed for a well earned pint and a game of arrows 

A sauna under your stairs? 

WTF is that all about? 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Don't know where you've got that from but there is no mention of people who have to go to work on there.

1 hour ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Only essential workers go to work in a lockdown.

1 hour ago, Alf Hartigan said:

That's who I am talking about.There's an awful lot of us.

59 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Aye, just thought it was odd that piece Micky posted didn't mention it,  otherwise it seemed pretty comprehensive.

I think I probably found it on FB. To be honest, I think they will undoubtedly have an essential workers policy and undoubtedly a list just like we have. I think the problem with the UK list is that it is extremely wide. Just about everyone could justify being out and about if they wanted to. 
I work for a local funeral director, does that make me an essential worker? I'd argue it doesn't; all I do is drive either a limo or a hearse and carry a coffin into church/crem. Or then I could argue that I am just because I work in the funeral business. 

An NHS worker is on the list but unless they are actually travelling to or from a workplace WHICH IS TREATING CORONA VICTIMS then are they really essential?