Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think reality has now hit home for 99.9% of people and social distancing should be given time to see if it has the desired effect. 

I reckon you might be a bit over optimistic there, you'll still get folk gathering together. I know you think that everything British is the greatest, and we'll all pull together with stiff upper lips, but there is a vast swathe of mince-thick plebs, who will still be carrying on as though nothing is going on, until they're forced by law (and threats of fines and prison etc) to isolate

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I would Corden London off, the Tube is packed, still loads taking no notice and thats why in the end the government won't have a choice but to put us on full Lockdown.

I like the sensible social distancing measures, unfortunately there are to many cnuts around who are taking no notice of the advice being given.

Im happy to do it now as i managed to get some bog roll and a tin of corned beef today 👌

A lobby jobby then ?

• Members
18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

15 years for me 😔

stressful jobs coupled with too many narcotics saw my Barnet off in short order I can assure you. I stupidly thought if I carried on the hair would grow back but it failed. But I had a lot of fun on the way telling myself that 😁

Me grandad is bald, my dad is bald, my younger brother is going, all my uncles are bald, me Full head of thick hair.  
Bit like the milkman’s. Strange.

• Site Supporter

The government do have to be careful

We teeter on the brink of civil unrest. You can sense the fear and a sense of wariness about others.

It's the first day WFH with the kids and missus hanging around. We actually get on and have a good set up, but there's likely to be plnty that don't, and that could spill over in a very nasty way.

2 weeks of harsh lockdown should be the limit. 3 tops to include Easter.

• Members

1st day back in work after my days off. Embarassed myself on the playground dropping the little one off, sobbing like a mad woman out of guilt.

Minimal amount of PPE for us to use in work. 

Its been a weird day. The anger I've felt towards people not taking it seriously is something else. They just don't care 😔

Edited by bolton_blondie

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think reality has now hit home for 99.9% of people and social distancing should be given time to see if it has the desired effect. 

The government have already modelled it all out, they published the perceived effectiveness ( in time delay and death /case % reduction) of all the measures they have put in place - I've previously posted the chart that shows this.

They've already said why they've been slow to bring these measures into place (compared to other countries). Their line is "we need to do the right thing at the right time"

Their rationale behind "the right thing at the right time" isn't that they think the restrictions aren't effective, it's because they are relying on behavioural modelling that predicts UK society won't be able to stick them out long enough, that we will break quarantine early and ruin it. They think we will suffer mentally and physically if we are in lock-down for a long time.  That's it. 

The same behavioural modelling told us that playing football matches behind closed doors was a bad idea because more people would go to the pub, forgetting that lots of fans have a pint before and after the match!"

Personally I think they aren't telling us that they are scared to bring restrictions into force without law behind it.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Argos is part of Sainsbury’s

I know, I work for them. They're still a customer facing, non essential store. I reckon they'll just concentrate on fast track deliveries.

46 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

2 weeks? We're looking at months here - not weeks. The peak is predicted for June but we're pushing that back slowly - with tight restrictions we push it further out and lower it. But that means you're staying like this till the peak has passed and we're out the other side. Even then it will be loads of restrictions to stop it starting and peaking again. 

It’s exactly 2 weeks since Italy started their lockdown. The chances of it being lifted any time soon is zilch. Many people think we are on the same trajectory as them. Many people think that they can have a 2 week ‘holiday’ and everything will be back to normal. You are right, this going on through the summer at least. This is why our government and every other government in the world have the most difficult and unprecedented problem to solve.

39 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Not accelerating

Thankfully

It is accelerating, but the rate of acceleration is reducing.

On 9 out the last 10 days we've had more deaths and more cases than the day before, but the % growth has been slowing over last 3 days, which is very very promising if it continues.

However it's not going to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed in the next few weeks unless the numbers start to reduce day on day.

Italy is dropping though, 3 days in a row with significantly less deaths than the day before - more proof that locking down is effective. I suspect Spain will overtake them in the next few days and the spotlight will move to them. 

Spain locked down 8 days ago - they're going to have a tough 2 weeks

Edited by peelyfeet

13 minutes ago, Boo said:

I know, I work for them. They're still a customer facing, non essential store. I reckon they'll just concentrate on fast track deliveries.

I assumed that they are continuing so they can flex staff between the 2

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

It is accelerating, but the rate of acceleration is reducing.

On 9 out the last 10 days we've had more deaths and more cases than the day before, but the % growth has been slowing over last 3 days, which is promising if it continues.

However it's not going to stop the NHS from being overwhelmed in the next few weeks unless the numbers start to reduce day on day.

Italy is dropping though, 3 days in a row with significantly less deaths than the day before - more proof that locking down is effective. I suspect Spain will overtake them in the next few days and the spotlight will move to them. 

Spain locked down 8 days ago - they're going to have a tough 2 weeks

What I meant was... not stepping up as yet. Italy jumped from 30-40 to 100 after about 4 days. We have managed to stay in the same band.

Fingers crossed.

Again, I'm sure we're all interested to see what it looks like after lockdown

16 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

In Italy, deaths have decreased for the second day in a row and the rise in new cases has slowed again from 9% to 8.1%. Hopefully the start of a trend and signs that their methods are working.

Any decrease is excellent news, even a stabilisation of numbers would be very welcome. 

Just now, boltondiver said:

What I meant was... not stepping up as yet. Italy jumped from 30-40 to 100 after about 4 days. We have managed to stay in the same band.

Fingers crossed.

Again, I'm sure we're all interested to see what it looks like after lockdown

No worries I was being a pedantic twat - I reckon we will see a spike from this weekends shennanigans in about 20 days.

need to watch China, and hopefully Italy, closely over the next few weeks to see what happens after lockdown

• Site Supporter

I reckon lockdown for 2 weeks is a good, if tedious idea.

we can recover from that. We can.

Dont think anyone’s saying it’s a holiday but nor is it being kicked off a landing craft at Normandy into a hail of German bullets.

If this is our “war”, I’ll pick up my TV remote, my bog roll and my wine glass and take it to the front fucking line.

Lets have it, you Chinese cunt.

Edited by Spider

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

I reckon lockdown for 2 weeks is a good, if tedious idea.

we can recover from that. We can.

Dont think anyone’s saying it’s a holiday but nor is it being kicked off a landing craft at Normandy into a hail of German bullets.

If this is our “war”, I’ll pick up my TV remote, my bog roll and my wine glass and take it to the front fucking line.

Lets have it, you Chinese cunt.

2 weeks? Ok

How’s about 3 months?

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Matt Hancock is doing a sterling job imo, always sounds articulate and in the know, must be difficult as a the new Health Secretary and to have this thrust on your watch early doors, its unfortunate though that you have do-gooders like Caroline 'never had a shag' Lucas having a pop.

I would do that bitch alright, with a fucking shovel on the back of her head!

Indeed he is 

put that cnut piers Morgan in his place a few times this morning