Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Spider said:

1. STAYING AT HOME You should only leave the house for one of four reasons. ● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible. ● One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household. ● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. ● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home. These four reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

Crystal clear

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Spider said:

THE WORD ESSENTIAL DOES NOT APPEAR ON THE OFFICIAL DOCUMENT.

ANYWHERE

It appeared in the PM's speech a few times, along with "absolutely necessary" which basically means "essential". 

We need a yank Army general to lay it all out in black and white.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, wiggy said:

It is very clear. It’s just that some people don’t like what has been said.

I was clear what he said. And that was it was fine to work, but to be done from home wherever possible.

Got fuck all to do with not being happy- personally if I'm not allowed to work, I won't.

If I am I will.

As other people took it differently, I'd say it wasn't overly clear.

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

1. STAYING AT HOME You should only leave the house for one of four reasons. ● Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible. ● One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household. ● Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person. ● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home. These four reasons are exceptions - even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.

I saw that on the gov.uk site too.

Seems pretty clear really, in my job for example , I have to travel as I can't do someone's roof from the comfort of my living room.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Thank you.

One thing for sure, the police are going to struggle with enforcement if things are so ambiguous.

11 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

It’s like Lockdown Top Trumps with that one 

She was out literally 2 minutes after BJ ready to go a little further and be a little clearer 

To be fair to her, she was clearer, shut down building sites for a start. Meanwhile we’ve still got 5m tradesman going about their daily business 

Berrys Builders Merchants in Leyland had a big sign up saying ‘we are staying open’ today, tradesman panic buying materials before the lockdown. The father in law has been told he needs to wait 3 weeks for plaster boards, he was well pissed off (he’s not even started his first electric or gas fix yet though so he’s as bad as the panic buyers) 

That was from earlier in day. Was on telly early afternoon. 

Apologies if I’ve got this wrong. My interpretation, was that going out to work at a job that in itself isn’t essential to the immediate running of the country wouldn’t be allowed. Otherwise basically everyone could argue that they should carry on as they were. Pretty obvious now that if that’s what was meant then the choice of wording wasn’t right.

• Site Supporter
Just now, wiggy said:

Apologies if I’ve got this wrong. My interpretation, was that going out to work at a job that in itself isn’t essential to the immediate running of the country wouldn’t be allowed. Otherwise basically everyone could argue that they should carry on as they were. Pretty obvious now that if that’s what was meant then the choice of wording wasn’t right.

I'm thinking this is just a social rather than economic "lockdown", hence the 2.0 comment.

Yesterday was a pisstake with every cunt going out for a picnic together.

He wants UK PLC running, even if at a reduced capacity.

But he wants us to distance ourselves at work, then get straight home and stay there.

We can't gather socially. That's when it passes.

In footballing terms it's like the FA Cup

First round was like a free for all on a muddy pitch up and down the country

Second round sees everyone  being more cautious and confused with endless replays

Third round ....like in the old days, everyone will be glued to the TV for the draw.

Night all, work to do tomorrow 😉💪

• Site Supporter

This is the problem. You don't want to shut because your competitors aren't due to the ambiguous nature of the advice. You and your competitors are wrong, you should have shut already.  However, you have worked your arse off for years to build a business and may employ plenty of folk or are only just getting by. It just isn't that easy to do and this is why I feel for you lot in that situation.

On the other hand, my missus is helping poorly people in A&E without enough/adequate PPE or had a test yet...

Edited by Winchester White

7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Seems pretty clear really, in my job for example , I have to travel as I can't do someone's roof from the comfort of my living room.

That's exactly the way i took it and i listened very carefully, but later written gov guidelines seem to have changed this to include the words "Key workers"

As an aside, what difference does it make if you exercise once  a day, or twice a day?

So if i have a bike ride alone in the morning, then walk my dog in the afternoon - staying away from folk on both occasions, how the fuck am i assisting the spread of the virus?

The speech was absolute vague bollocks imo.

• Site Supporter

I'm lucky that I have teaching which osys well..

But I've got a business loan for the 10k + of equipment I use.

I'm travelling to peoples homes to clean/repair,  its necessary for me to pay my bills..

All academic atm as I'm lay on the sofa with a temp, headache and feeling sick.  ...great..