Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hope toolstation is open 

need 6mm masonary bit 

I've got fucking loads. Every time I needed one in the past bought one because it'd been ages since I last used one and had forgotten I had one. And then I might as well buy a set rather then just one

Must have about 6 sets now

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Is it? Does "essential" mean "essential to the well-being of the public" or "essential to your own life"? 

It means essential to travel to work. Can you work from home? If the answer is yes, it isnt absolutely necessary or essential to travel to work. If you cant work from home, it will be necessary to travel to work. It isnt anything to do with "essential" jobs that were referenced for childcare and schooling but as someone as already alluded to, the ambiguity is purposeful I think.

6 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Burnham's tweeted hes spoke to No 10 now and everyone can go to work afterall.

If that’s the case (and it also reads that way from the gov.uk release), then Boris has made a right mess of that announcement. You’ve got businesses messaging staff saying they’re closing down for 3 weeks when that isn’t the intention of the restrictions.

6 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

If that’s the case (and it also reads that way from the gov.uk release), then Boris has made a right mess of that announcement. You’ve got businesses messaging staff saying they’re closing down for 3 weeks when that isn’t the intention of the restrictions.

The announcement was ambiguous but to infer from it that you should close shop for the best part of a month without waiting for clarity is ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, Boothy said:

The announcement was ambiguous but to infer from it that you should close shop for the best part of a month without waiting for clarity is ridiculous. 

I agree to an extent i.e. regarding clarity before making a decision, but business owners and staff shouldn’t be sat here tonight awaiting clarity. It should have been crystal clear from the outset, given that these restrictions come into effect today and some are subject to police enforcement.

Edited by Jol_BWFC