Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

speaking to one of my mates yesterday, he's a tree chopper downer (or tree surgeon as he'd have you believe) - anyway, he's quite legit, and generally puts everything through his books. He was saying some of the blokes he works with generally do "cash jobs" whenever they can.....they're now realising that they're pretty fucked with regards to what they can claim (as and when it gets cleared up), as they've been declaring minimal earnings for the last umpteen years.

You can’t have your cake and eat it. Plenty of these tales kicking about now. Tax dodging cunts

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Has anyone been down the Asda/Tesco today?

I have 4 cans of ale to my name and that’s unacceptable.

Do I need to take weapons?

We did an inventory last night:

5 bottles of Bud, 1 can of Guinness, 36 bottles of Red, 17 bottles of white, 17 different types of Gin (about 15 largish bottles of various posh tonics and shit), 2L of Vodka, and loads of half bottles of various other weird shit like Ouzo, Arrack and Brandy etc

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You can’t have your cake and eat it. Plenty of these tales kicking about now. Tax dodging cunts

indeed, I've got zero sympathy, if they've been happy to dodge tax before, then they can't expect a government handout as far as I'm concerned

Just now, Sweep said:

indeed, I've got zero sympathy, if they've been happy to dodge tax before, then they can't expect a government handout as far as I'm concerned

Totally. And I hope when the fraudulent claims come in, and they will, that all these  are retrospectively audited and any over claims are treated with absolute contempt and the book is thrown firmly at them. Suspect people will be cooking up schemes already to fleece the public purse 

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The moaning filth on Talk radio this morning, they have become work dodgers:

Ive got some tips for them:

1. Re-deploy the majority of the Traffic cops, they wont be needed as the roads will be more or less empty.

2. All them coppers who are uusually at Football matches and other events up and down the UK, surely they can be used.... what else would they be doing?

3. NO protests NO filth, more cops.

4. Less burglary, as the majority of us are at home.

5. No cops for shoplifters, hardly any open.

6. No cops needs for summer pride events and carnivals, they are usually just dancing, joining in and being downright pretentious anyway.

-1. There could be more domestic abuse and the odd murder.

-2. There MAY be looting, but very much doubt it if the above are deployed on the streets.

If the Chief detective super Lieutenant cock balls cant sort that out, he shouldn't be in the job.

...or we get Jim 'Piss Pit' Carver, Reg Hollis, Tony Stamp, June (who was shaggin Jim), Burnside and the one and only Tosh Lines to sort it out 🚔

Jack meadows was the man 

• Members

Text I got before

“Hi Rudy It’s **** I was wondering if you were offering any at home personal training sessions.”

Before anyone asks, massive, like two bald men trying to squeeze through a pipe

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

did you check the booze aisle?

I’m so sorry , booze is down the far corner,  I got bored waaaaay before I reached it so grabbed my shit n went home.

ive got loads of booze tho, whilst u were stashing bog roll I was stashing magners :) 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Boby Brno said:

The car is due in for a service tomorrow. Just called in to see if they are open. Security on the gates saying they are closed due to the government announcement. Passed the Mercedes dealers, also closed. People turning up expecting their own services etc. Clear as mud. I closed yesterday by the way.

Gove categorically said motor repair/service places can open, just keep in mind social isolating policies- in response to a direct question.

Presumably a lot of these places are playing safe, have a number of staff off anyhow, or have insufficient custom to bother.

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Totally. And I hope when the fraudulent claims come in, and they will, that all these  are retrospectively audited and any over claims are treated with absolute contempt and the book is thrown firmly at them. Suspect people will be cooking up schemes already to fleece the public purse 

will be interesting to see if they include dividends or not when they work out how much self employed directors get - if they don't lots of small business owners are going to be getting about £750 a month

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

speaking to one of my mates yesterday, he's a tree chopper downer (or tree surgeon as he'd have you believe) - anyway, he's quite legit, and generally puts everything through his books. He was saying some of the blokes he works with generally do "cash jobs" whenever they can.....they're now realising that they're pretty fucked with regards to what they can claim (as and when it gets cleared up), as they've been declaring minimal earnings for the last umpteen years.

Ah the old “Grey economy” No handouts for those lads. The flip side to that is, some self employed people pay an accountant who uses every trick in the book to enable their client to pay as little tax as possible. The down side to this is when that person wants to obtain a mortgage or financial help from the government,as their accounts may not show enough net profit. Like someone said - you can’t have it both ways.

15 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

3 weeks will be nearer 3 months

Returning to normal towards end June

Drip cash in over 6 months might be an idea

Just now, peelyfeet said:

will be interesting to see if they include dividends or not when they work out how much self employed directors get - if they don't lots of small business owners are going to be getting about £750 a month

You’re getting the whole thing confused mate. 

this latest directive is aimed at those who aren’t paid through paye I believe. Limited company directors will be paid a salary through paye and then claim dividends IF they are also a shareholder and subject to the company being able to pay the dividends. So this latest thing doesn’t apply to them. 

if you own a limited company for the purposes of this you aren’t self employed I don’t believe. Maybe I’m wrong of course 

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Gove categorically said motor repair/service places can open, just keep in mind social isolating policies- in response to a direct question.

Presumably a lot of these places are playing safe, have a number of staff off anyhow, or have insufficient custom to bother.

Thanks. Trying to contact them but no answer. My wife is police support staff so hopefully something will be provided. It’s these grey areas that are causing problems.

14 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Text I got before

“Hi Rudy It’s **** I was wondering if you were offering any at home personal training sessions.”

Before anyone asks, massive, like two bald men trying to squeeze through a pipe

Rules. there are rules. 

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

But the guidelines ordered car showrooms to shut. So for those on official service plans or leases I can't see many if any official dealership servicing depts being open. 

Edited by bwfcfan5