Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

You’re getting the whole thing confused mate. 

this latest directive is aimed at those who aren’t paid through paye I believe. Limited company directors will be paid a salary through paye and then claim dividends IF they are also a shareholder and subject to the company being able to pay the dividends. So this latest thing doesn’t apply to them. 

if you own a limited company for the purposes of this you aren’t self employed I don’t believe. Maybe I’m wrong of course 

In that case loads of people might be still fucked then - there's 4 million ltd companies in the UK.

lots of sole traders that would have been classed as self employed in the past are now Ltd companies - if you deal with other business, a lot of those business request for you to be ltd, they do in my industry,

Accountants tell ltd company directors to pay themselves £12k a year through PAYE and the rest dividends - you still pay income tax on dividends.

I spoke with some of my mates yesterday - a builder, an architecht, a courier, a mortage advisor - all one man bands, all ltd companies.

Just now, peelyfeet said:

In that case loads of people might be still fucked then - there's 4 million ltd companies in the UK.

lots of sole traders that would have been classed as self employed in the past are now Ltd companies - if you deal with other business, a lot of those business request for you to be ltd, they do in my industry,

Accountants tell ltd company directors to pay themselves £12k a year through PAYE and the rest dividends - you still pay income tax on dividends.

I spoke with some of my mates yesterday - a builder, an architecht, a courier, a mortage advisor - all one man bands, all ltd companies.

Yep a lot of folk will potentially be still struggling. 

25 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But the guidelines ordered car showrooms to shut. So for those on official service plans or leases I can't see many if any official dealership servicing depts being open. 

Audi are open for vehicle maintenance

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

We did an inventory last night:

5 bottles of Bud, 1 can of Guinness, 36 bottles of Red, 17 bottles of white, 17 different types of Gin (about 15 largish bottles of various posh tonics and shit), 2L of Vodka, and loads of half bottles of various other weird shit like Ouzo, Arrack and Brandy etc

id dread to think what garrps stash is like, yours is mightly impressive

i'm struggling, only got the xmas present gift box sets left, half a bottle of red, and a few bottles of here gin

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Sorry bu wtf is wrong with people. Why would anyone be looking to take their kids to a play centre today? 

Woman across the road taliking to our missus yeaterday:

Her: The lad has to go to school tomorrow, I have to work on the shop floor.

SWMBO: Isnt your husband at home tomorrow ?

Her: Yes, but he would rather not look after him.

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

But the guidelines ordered car showrooms to shut. So for those on official service plans or leases I can't see many if any official dealership servicing depts being open. 

That's entirely up to them.

I've just bought a piece of equipment from a supplier over the phone. Got to go and collect it. When I get there, the shop is shut so I have to ring them again, and the product will be placed behind a door and then I can collect it.

A bit of common sense. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's entirely up to them.

I've just bought a piece of equipment from a supplier over the phone. Got to go and collect it. When I get there, the shop is shut so I have to ring them again, and the product will be placed behind a door and then I can collect it.

A bit of common sense. 

Every car/van/truck manufacturer will have someone open within a reasonable distance for everyone. 

they are all franchised so it’s upto them. One of the merc dealers near me has shut two of it’s sites and left one open  next week that’s shutting and another one opening   

one in Newcastle has got a car and a truck tech in the truck site so that they can provide essential repairs  it’s entirely upto each business owner as is the case with any sector 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I called in the Leigh Tesco today eerily quiet, the shelves were packed with stuff, no queues at checkout. I think all the panic buyers have run out of money.

Excellent news. 

3 minutes ago, CumbrianWhite said:

My family own a DIY & Hardware store which is classed as being a store that can open. We’ve chosen to close this morning, I presume that even though we’ve chosen to close, our workers should still be eligible for the 80% the government are offering? 

If you are saying to them you are going to lay them off/make them redundant then yes. 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I called in the Leigh Tesco today eerily quiet, the shelves were packed with stuff, no queues at checkout. I think all the panic buyers have run out of money.

Fuck me, I'm on my way down the 61 already....😁