Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Members
28 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I told you, she's stashing her F6000 under the stairs, she doesn't want you going in there

Is that what that noise is? I thought the lass next door was sitting on the washer machine again

3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

5%, which seems high, but most are self isolating and not taking tests, that is just the ones who show bad symptoms, 

Worryingly, that number is only going to grow, 

82k, shows there are some really nasty bugs also doing the rounds..

don't read much into the negative and positive case numbers, they mean little until everyone with symptoms and their housemates get tested. The death rates and their % day on day growth give you a better idea of how the spread is doing.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

shit

That’s really not good.

I went for my essential shop to Tesco earlier. On my own, distancing, ignoring every cunt.

It was very quiet in there. But still there were families of 4/5 acting like they were stocking up for the holidays and moaning the shelves weren’t full.

Middlebrook looks creepy when it’s empty like it is.

Now and again, the gravity and enormity of where we find ourselves hits home. It’s terrifying.

5 hours ago, Sweep said:

We did an inventory last night:

5 bottles of Bud, 1 can of Guinness, 36 bottles of Red, 17 bottles of white, 17 different types of Gin (about 15 largish bottles of various posh tonics and shit), 2L of Vodka, and loads of half bottles of various other weird shit like Ouzo, Arrack and Brandy etc

Do you live in a corner shop! 

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

if they've all come off the same flight then no, its the airport staff that would require the protection

Even then though you would think that they would be staggering how many would go through each stage and space them out safely. God knows there’s more than enough room to be able do it between the plane door and baggage reclaim.  

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Keep in mind - these tests have only been happening in hospital.

When will they start testing frontline NHS staff heroes?

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s really not good.

I went for my essential shop to Tesco earlier. On my own, distancing, ignoring every cunt.

It was very quiet in there. But still there were families of 4/5 acting like they were stocking up for the holidays and moaning the shelves weren’t full.

Middlebrook looks creepy when it’s empty like it is.

Now and again, the gravity and enormity of where we find ourselves hits home. It’s terrifying.

Popped into Lidl in Leigh on Saturday to get some bits for my mum. Had a face mask and latex gloves on. Admittedly I must’ve looked weird. But there were scroaty families and kids pointing and laughing at me. I did want to shout “boo! I’ve got the virus”. But thought better of it. Question was - why do entire families need to go to shops? Stupidness!!

Felt like I couldn’t wash or scrub myself clean from that supermarket visit. 

So went for full hand and arm amputation. 

12 minutes ago, Ani said:

We do seem to have stopped tracking the Italian numbers in a good way. 

We're growing slightly faster than they did, our patterns are very similar, there's nothing in the numbers yet that shows we are going to be much different, death numbers doubling every 2-3 days at the moment.

11 days after 10 deaths

Italy     233

UK       422

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

11 days after 10 deaths

Italy     233

UK       422

That's a bit worrying, looking at that number, hopefully this semi "lockdown" action can help prevent serious numbers like those shown in Italy and Spain, although we might be a little late for that now.

I'm surprised that London hasn't started to accelerate yet to be honest

• Members
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

That's a bit worrying, looking at that number, hopefully this semi "lockdown" action can help prevent serious numbers like those shown in Italy and Spain, although we might be a little late for that now.

You’re joking aren’t you, I’ve seen pictures of people crammed on the underground today.

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

we've been following Italy's pattern very closely for 2 weeks now, we are about a day and half faster than them over the same period. so I can't see why that's going to change much for another fortnight or so until some of the measures kick in.

you can track the regions here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases  

Lad I know has just been laid off with 100s of others by a large nationwide company who appear to have said to them all "you'll get the 80% when we get it and other than that you're getting fuck all". A guarantee from the govt is one thing but how soon the money will come through might be quite a different thing and leave people right in the shit.

14 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

We're growing slightly faster than they did, our patterns are very similar, there's nothing in the numbers yet that shows we are going to be much different, death numbers doubling every 2-3 days at the moment.

11 days after 10 deaths

Italy     233

UK       422

Hi mate, thanks for all the info you've been putting on here. Its been really helpful. 

Just a question, why are you going from 10 deaths rather than the first? Apologies if you've already explained this. Cheers 

6 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Lad I know has just been laid off with 100s of others by a large nationwide company who appear to have said to them all "you'll get the 80% when we get it and other than that you're getting fuck all". A guarantee from the govt is one thing but how soon the money will come through might be quite a different thing and leave people right in the shit.

Name and shame the fuckers.

I'm drawing up a list of companies who I'm going to avoid like fuck once all this is done.

22 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

11 days after 10 deaths

Italy     233

UK       422

I have to admit I had missed a day out from my numbers so the picture not as positive as I thought. 

14 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

we've been following Italy's pattern very closely for 2 weeks now, we are about a day and half faster than them over the same period. so I can't see why that's going to change much for another fortnight or so until some of the measures kick in.

you can track the regions here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-track-coronavirus-cases  

Thought you said Last week we’d have over 600 deaths in total by today and 166 deaths today. We’re nowhere near those levels. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 minutes ago, jeep said:

Hi mate, thanks for all the info you've been putting on here. Its been really helpful. 

Just a question, why are you going from 10 deaths rather than the first? Apologies if you've already explained this. Cheers 

Exponential growth of a virus early on in its process can vary massively depending on how the 1st patients social behaviour, and how long they've been in their home country.

For example, many of the early cases in Europe, contracted the disease in China, and so will have had less time to infect  UK population than someone who caught the disease in UK.

At 10 deaths, using a 1% death rate, which means 1000 infections, the behaviour of patients is averaged out so it's a lot more accurate. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought you said Last week we’d have over 600 deaths in total by today and 166 deaths today. We’re nowhere near those levels. 

you still don't think we'll start reporting the kind of numbers Spain and Italy are at some point?