Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Spider said:

What time do they release the UK numbers each day?

It's becoming a rather macabre wait for news. Doesn't look like it's on the wane anywhere apart from China.

It's supposed to be at 2, but inevitably comes out about 5/6pm

11 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

80 deaths and 852 cases there over the last 24hrs, you might be right 

Jesus

I can’t see the point of reporting case numbers as they are clearly way out 

37 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Just watched a video of a British woman in Spain and what’s going on over there.

Wish I didn’t, I’ve never been so terrified.

Can you link it please?

A rumour going round is that the post service will stop tomorrow and soon all shopping to be done online 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Can you link it please?

A rumour going round is that the post service will stop tomorrow and soon all shopping to be done online 

Can't see that happening, plenty still don't have internet.

Just received a shipping list off a customer; over 70 but not in that high risk group. Isolating, but not going to get quick help from these deliveries.

She tried online but needs supplies before she can get a delivery.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just received a shipping list off a customer; over 70 but not in that high risk group. Isolating, but not going to get quick help from these deliveries.

deliveroo and uber eats will go to some local supermarkets - co-op for example

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hope you a right. No delivery spots where I am until April 

My Mrs spoke to our next door neighbour this morning, they're really friendly with our next door but one neighbours, any way the family that live at next door but one, there's five of them, the Mother is a nurse in A&E in Warrington, apparently they've all had the dreaded virus, surely they haven't? Getting a bit too close if that's the case.

59 minutes ago, Spider said:

But looking at facebook, loads of people are once again out and about, brushing shoulders with strangers and acting like an apocalypse isn't a few days away.

56 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Just watched a video of a British woman in Spain and what’s going on over there.

Wish I didn’t, I’ve never been so terrified.

You'll get Mounts accusing you of being hysterical.....

57 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Anyone ever clipped a dog? any recommendations on best dog clippers, for a spaniel

If' you've got he pube tugger add-on for your F5000 or F6000, then that can be used to pull any of your dogs long hairs out

20 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Can you link it please?

That's impossible, as has already been shown, with all the big supermarkets now with no delivery slots for weeks and weeks - unless they're about to get a shit load of new drivers and refrigerated vans from somewhere

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

That's impossible, as has already been shown, with all the big supermarkets now with no delivery slots for weeks and weeks - unless they're about to get a shit load of new drivers and refrigerated vans from somewhere

I can confirm that some Of the larger supermarkets have sourced additional Refrigerated vehicles although we are talking hundreds collectively rather than thousands 

Parcelforce delivered my Beer Bods box today (someone got me a subscription at Xmas) and laughed and said "just dropping off essential supplies".

He handed me the box so no attempt at contactless delivery, postman the other day with a parcel did contactless and signed his device himself with "Covid-19", Tesco man on Friday mustn't have read the script, would have bought the stuff in if I'd let him and at the end he got me to sign for it. 

Our couriers at work said they were both going to contactless early last week and I'm guessing everyone else is supposed to be as well but while the right noises are being made it doesn't seem to be translating properly into actions.

• Members
31 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Can you link it please?

It was on whatsapp. Not sure how to upload it