Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Went to Morrisons at 8.15 this morning, massive queue outside of idiots with trolleys right round towards Oggis, went back at 12.00, no fucker about, only a dozen people in there, one til open, next til shut, next on open, etc. Loads of ale, all shelfs were full except the tissue, toilet roll shelves but there was a bloke with a huge trolley of bog rolls, etc filling them up.

All the idiots have succumed to natural selection so I'll be filling my spare room with ale before nailing the front door shut

Also signed up to do some calls. Joined a local facebook group last week and popped leaflets printed by the local shop with phone numbers on for help if stuck in self isolation and in need of something through all the letterboxes in our block. Not much but got to try and do our bit

Right i have registered as a volunteer even though I'm working full time, I don't mind dropping medication or shopping off for someone that really needs it, my wife who is currently out of work because of Covd 19, she is registering too, we both have our own cars so we should be pretty helpful for the NHS.

7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Anyone else a bit anxious over the UK numbers not being announced ?

Yeah definitely. They wouldn’t miss a good news story. Or are they good numbers and thus don’t want the retarded mob out in the streetS again proclaiming its all over?

guess we will find out soon enough 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Anyone fit to work, but getting 80% salary for sitting at home should be made to help out.

This sort of thing did occur to me. I suppose volunteers would be easier to manage though.

Vans at the wife's place all being washed and disinfected inside and out, ready to be deployed.

Think they're being single crewed, which is common sense I suppose, but in total, it seems that a decent sized "army" of support is being built up.👍

10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Fair play like! 👏👏👏

FB_IMG_1585168694715.jpg

Spot on.  This is superb as any of you lot who have managed to get a parent, relative etc into Bolton Hospice will agree, superb effort.    On a closer to home note my niece, big Wanderers fan, have been left loads of chocolate on her East Midlands NHS Ambulance windscreen, there’s some lovely folk out there, they cheered her up no end 🙂