Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I love how the general assumption on here is that us self employed types don't declare our income honestly.

I'm happy that something has finally been put together for us, but I'm very concerned that many of us will struggle to get to June without any income.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Some synchronised appreciation clap for the NHS workers going down at 8pm tonight 

I'm going to run down a busy street at the same time, arms aloft

5 minutes ago, Traf said:

I love how the general assumption on here is that us self employed types don't declare our income honestly.

I'm happy that something has finally been put together for us, but I'm very concerned that many of us will struggle to get to June without any income.

Nobody has said that mate. Nobody. Their is simply an acknowledgement that some cheat the system that’s all and it is those who will and rightly should now get zero help. 

you are not one of those people and a grafter as I know. 
This is a very tough time for everyone especially people like yourself in the industry that you are in and I hope you pull through it. If there is anything I can do to help you have my number mate 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Traf said:

It was more of a dig at my barber and the kitchen fitter who gave me a discount for cash. 

Just now, birch-chorley said:

If the previous year you had a self assessment in for another business venture then this scheme would pay out based on that 

its the same for PAYE, you might have been in a job for ten years and let go in January (non Corona related), you have no PAYE in February so you won’t get into that 80% furlough scheme 

Your looking at Universal Credit, which can pay a decent amount. When I was made redundant after the 2008 crash I git my rent and council tax paid with another £65 a week on top, wasn’t a lot I suppose but it helped 

Broadly speaking, the vast majority effected have been sorted out one way or another. Few examples of what if this or what if that but on the whole the government has stepped up for me 

he's not said anything about Directors - there's hundreds of thousands of one man bands/partnerships that are Ltd companies, because their business demands it, paying corporation tax and income tax correctly,  who will get very little because accountants tell them to pay themselves dividends (which you pay income tax on) 

a lot of these businesses provide services to the public and SME's - IT support, telecoms, Design, Maintenance, Accountancy, Marketing, Couriers, Architects, Builders, Printing, etc

If these businesses fail, the SME's have a higher chance of failing too.

SME's provide services to corporate companies - if the SME's fail, the corporates fail, and so on.

hopefully it will get sorted so that anyone who's been paying into the system gets something back.

We'll manage, because my wife is good with money and we put 20% of our profits away every month to over tax bills and a deposit on a holiday, so combined with some 0% credit cards, we can just about make it to June unscathed after a bit of belt tightening

• Site Supporter

I was having a dig at a friend of a friend who acts like a lottery winner whilst declaring he earns peanuts to the taxman.

Hes already having a go at the party he voted for, the thick twat.

what goes around..

Not sure what more he could do. 

Step daughter and he b/f are self employed but just out of college so will get nothing. 

The time lapse is awkward but given the June tax payment has been deferred won’t that help ?

As always with these schemes ‘good’ people are restricted by those who will abuse it. 

15 minutes ago, Traf said:

I don't know about the June tax payment. We pay ours in january every year.

The payment in January is for the previous tax year. 

The payment at the end of July is a payment on account for the following tax year

i.e 18/19 in January, 19/20 in July with either a top up payment or a rebate the following January 

Edit: I should add the payment on account is usually for those who don't complete their tax return until October. It may be different if you complete it before July

Edited by dave2980
Further info

35 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

he's not said anything about Directors - there's hundreds of thousands of one man bands/partnerships that are Ltd companies, because their business demands it, paying corporation tax and income tax correctly,  who will get very little because accountants tell them to pay themselves dividends (which you pay income tax on).

"I didn't pay myself in dividends to pay a lower rate of income tax, I did it because Chris Custard made me."

Aye alreet. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

This virus is certainly nailing a few folk

No fucker begging now outside Morrisons, Co-op, train station, every set of lights near the centre, etc

No unruly folk outside the Balmoral at 10am

Street crime is down 

Tax dodging self employed being torn a new one

No gangs of kids on street corners

Prostitution is fucked

Rivers etc being cleaned

And Jol gets an extra 12 months to save up his £100  😉💣

Well played Boris.......✌💪🇬🇧