Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

We're all getting it, aren't we?

I suspect as much, I'm hoping mine will be further down the line as I'm not ramming myself on a tube carriage full of skanks. They've had all the country's investment so they can look after themselves. Northern Powerhouse shit connectivity working in our favour.

3 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I suspect as much, I'm hoping mine will be further down the line as I'm not ramming myself on a tube carriage full of skanks. They've had all the country's investment so they can look after themselves. Northern Powerhouse shit connectivity working in our favour.

Not been in the tube for two weeks, we’re currently about 2 weeks ahead of you guys, my borough is in the top twenty places in the country, two minutes down the road that’s in the top ten. Anyway, I fear you’ll probably catch up. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Not been in the tube for two weeks, we’re currently about 2 weeks ahead of you guys, my borough is in the top twenty places in the country, two minutes down the road that’s in the top ten. Anyway, I fear you’ll probably catch up. 

Myself, I think there will be the wave they anticipated, this will be the daft cunts in Farnworth sat outside the chippy on their mobility scooter and then going to the pub for a lock-in or having a bbq with the bouncy castle set up.

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You'd hope people in areas away from London, would see and learn from its plight. Perhaps reduce its impact elsewhere.

Not so sure though.

If hardly say it’s a plight, it’s the biggest urban area in Western Europe, it’s always going to have a lot of cases. But, it’s interesting to see the differences in the boroughs which probably paints a more realistic picture of spread. Mind you, Hampshire has been ahead of London for the first few weeks.

This is the top guy on epidemiology. The one the government is listening to. Worth a read of this tweet thread because he explains why that the mortality estimate is unchanged, inspite of reports from journalists suggesting otherwise. The model is currently based on the current measures being observed...

https://twitter.com/neil_ferguson/status/1243294815200124928?s=20

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had to fill the van up. Signs up and gloves available. Barriers to stop customers getting too close to staff. All good stuff.

A young girl goes in to the spar and comes out with a slush. 

Gone out for no other reason than to buy a fucking slush!

Kinell.

What flavour?

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You'd hope people in areas away from London, would see and learn from its plight. Perhaps reduce its impact elsewhere.

Not so sure though.

Areas that have had the restrictions placed on them  earlier along the infection timeline than others should have a slower rate of growth. It's been like that in Italy so far. 

Rome region had their first case end of January and they've been at around 12 deaths a day for a week now, no sign of big daily increases yet.

Napoli region have had 83 deaths in a month.

NY had 1st recorded case in early March, they had 100 deaths yesterday.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Areas that have had the restrictions placed on them  earlier along the infection timeline than others should have a slower rate of growth. It's been like that in Italy so far. 

Rome region had their first case end of January and they've been at around 12 deaths a day for a week now, no sign of big daily increases yet.

Napoli region have had 83 deaths in a month.

NY had 1st recorded case in early March, they had 100 deaths yesterday.

NY is going to be worse than Italy isnt it?

That bloke who works for me in Scotland that has gone doing shifts in A&E sent me this text earlier.............

Consultant asked me for ****’s email address. Don’t tell him, but I think he will receive a very nice email at some point over next few days (about the company releasing me to help out the NHS). I’m just in. It’s a nightmare. I was in Resus last night (Hot Zone) lost a patient. It’s a horrible way to die, relatives are not allowed in, so you basically gasp your last breath with strangers, dressed in PPE. I wish people would follow the advice. Hospital is turning one of the wards into a makeshift mortuary. We are expecting the peak to be around the end of 1st week in April. One of my colleagues just finished x10 13 hour shifts, with very little rest time. She was a zombie. NHS is not prepared, not geared up for this, despite what Boris tells you. We do not have enough “trained” staff, and you cannot use final year students or retired NHS to fill in. I “snatched” 15 mins last night. I am now truly fearful for a lot of people. Please please stay safe, this virus really is a nasty piece of work. Shattered, off to sleep now. I’ll catch up Tuesday n Wednesday with what I’ve missed. Thankyou once again for *****’s support. I would like to think we made a difference to some people’s lives, defo saved a few. Resuscitated 2 cardiac arrests last night who C-19 positive. Onwards and upwards!

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Here’s a thought.

Had Corbyn been leader, then caught it, Diane Abbott would have been leader.

Beerrrrrrrllliiiiiiimyyyy

He’d have given it to her

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

Here’s a thought.

Had Corbyn been leader, then caught it, Diane Abbott would have been leader.

Beerrrrrrrllliiiiiiimyyyy

Self employed would have been getting £2.50 each.  wait no £250. No wait £250,000. Yeah that’s it £2.5million each.