Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kent_white said:

That's UK - we've been talking about it for weeks. Without a vaccine or antivirals it's just maths.

Tell you what mate

It'll be way nearer zero than 250k

If it's not, there's a ton for your and your Mrs to go and get leathered

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

@peelyfeet sorry to bug you but out of interest when do you expect this to peak in the UK? How bad do you think it’s going to get?

Shoot from your hip (your bad hip 😁)

Peak likely to be in about a fortnight. 3 weeks from school closures.

Next week is going to be grim too. Brace yourselves.

Edited by jules_darby

i remember this on old school computers, tweaking the numbers to keep both things alive

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wa-Tor

i think the "exponential" "wheat on a chessboard" talk scares folk and ignores things like people getting well , how people move, people meeting the same people , how fast they recover, if 40% already caught it before christmas, etc

we'd already all be dead if you listen to some. 

People are talking about a peak in 2/3 weeks

If we are 2 weeks behind Italy, who don’t seem to have peaked, we are probably at least 4 weeks away?

Edited by boltondiver

2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

By the weekend, London will be in full lockdown, with Army manned checkpoints. Only key workers, NHS staff, police, ambulance, fire, delivery drivers, and teachers looking after the children of the above, will be allowed to move around the city.

Mot seen any tanks yet or check points - so who releases this scaremongering  

44 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

People are talking about a peak in 2/3 weeks

If we are 2 weeks behind Italy, who don’t seem to have peaked, we are probably at least 4 weeks away?

Because people are dicks. 

We've carried on regardless (as Italy and Spain did). Thinking it won't happen here. 

In 2 weeks when someone you know is clinging on for life on a ventilator I hope you enjoyed your mother's day visit that you could have done by video call.... 

Many

Cunts 

Edited by stevieb

7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Because people are dicks. 

We've carried on regardless (as Italy and Spain did). Thinking it won't happen here. 

In 2 weeks when someone you know is clinging on for life on a ventilator I hope you enjoyed your mother's day visit that you could have done by video call.... 

Many

Cunts 

Fair play Stevie.

• Moderators

I don’t know about cunts but far too many people are just cracking on with life, some clown out cleaning windows this afternoon... I know it’s your job, and you can’t do it from your house but ffs knock it on the head for a few weeks. Some cunt riding a horse round Harwood, lost for words.

• Moderators

I’m not having it. He’s been doing the round for a few years, cleaning windows of the old dears around here, it’s a decent business. Going from one OAP to another collecting cash is about the worst thing that can happen. I’m assuming they aren’t all bitcoin savvy. Could be there’s no customers left in June anyway.

Plus what are folk needing money for? The shops are all shut, 

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I don’t know about cunts but far too many people are just cracking on with life, some clown out cleaning windows this afternoon... I know it’s your job, and you can’t do it from your house but ffs knock it on the head for a few weeks. Some cunt riding a horse round Harwood, lost for words.

I’d say your safe a fuck riding a horse.