Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 hours ago, Carlos said:

I’m not having it. He’s been doing the round for a few years, cleaning windows of the old dears around here, it’s a decent business. Going from one OAP to another collecting cash is about the worst thing that can happen. I’m assuming they aren’t all bitcoin savvy. Could be there’s no customers left in June anyway.

Plus what are folk needing money for? The shops are all shut, 

You can’t just stop cashflow and expect a business to survive. Zero income for the next 3 months. Zero. Imagine that.

he will be grabbing what he can while he’s ALLOWED to by the government. 

Any money we’ve taken has been correct change only and placed on floor while we stand 2 meters away. The rest have been urged to pay in the bank. I hope your window cleaner dude took the same measures. 

Whats they difference to window cleaner collecting money from a door step to a delivery driver? Postmen, yodel, take away drivers are all going to peoples doors making a living.

Folk are swapping money in supermarkets all bloody day. 

I’m off out today carrying contract work where I won’t come in to contact with one single person. I’m stood 20ft away from the buildings at all times. 

I don’t want to go out, but I’ve got no choice. I’ve got a wife and two kids to feed and put a roof over their head. They come first before anyone I’m afraid. 

If I don’t complete this months contracts I can’t invoice and I won’t receive a penny to pay my bills or buy food. 

No cashflow kills a business like a heart attack. 

Edited by gonzo

8 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Peak likely to be in about a fortnight. 3 weeks from school closures.

Next week is going to be grim too. Brace yourselves.

peak not likely until end of May beginning of June (in Bolton that is) according to Council Emergency Planning 

7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

You can’t just stop cashflow and expect a business to survive. Zero income for the next 3 months. Zero. Imagine that.

Any money we’ve taken has been correct change only and placed on floor while we stand 2 meters away. The rest have been urged to pay in the bank. I hope your window cleaner dude took the same measures. 

Whats they difference to window cleaner collecting money from a door step to a delivery driver? Postmen, yodel, take away drivers are all going to peoples doors making a living.

I’m off out today carrying contract work where I won’t come in to contact with one single person. I’m stood 20ft away from the buildings at all times. 

I don’t want to go out, but I’ve got no choice. I’ve got a wife and two kids to feed and put a roof over their head. They come first before anyone I’m afraid. 

If I don’t complete this months contracts I can’t invoice and I won’t receive a penny to pay my bills or buy food. 

Well said 

12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

There will always be folk wanting to criticize  and tell other folk what they are doing is wrong mate yet happily crack on with what they are doing. 

good on ya for still getting out there while you can, earning and being as safe as possible for you and others I say. 

Work wise everyone has been understanding of the situation and got on with it, it plucks the strings when everyone’s not just thinking of themselves, but everyone else and their health.  We had a delivery yesterday and I was offered to ‘refuse to sign’, which I did,  It probably made us both feel better and may of stopped the spread a little.   Everyone’s been great, not had any problems, no complaints here.

• Members

In Wuhan there wasn’t any funerals or ceremonies the bodies were just cremated. Now 45,000 urns are waiting to be picked up by their family members. 
China in number fiddling shock.

And in other news the sky is blue. 

1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

In Wuhan there wasn’t any funerals or ceremonies the bodies were just cremated. Now 45,000 urns are waiting to be picked up by their family members. 

This genuine pal?

8 hours ago, Carlos said:

Plus what are folk needing money for? The shops are all shut, 

Food
Gas
Electric
Council Tax
Outstanding Loan/Credit Card payments

My wife and I are both self-employed, but currently with no work and therefore no income until the end of June when we will hopefully get this SE grant. Until then we still have expenses, so I'm actively looking for work.

Just now, Traf said:

Food
Gas
Electric
Council Tax
Outstanding Loan/Credit Card payments

My wife and I are both self-employed, but currently with no work and therefore no income until the end of June when we will hopefully get this SE grant. Until then we still have expenses, so I'm actively looking for work.

You can claim UC....

11 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

The girl who I speak to on a daily basis who lives in Wuhan (her husband also contacted it about a week ago...when China was saying they've got no more new cases) said to me she didn't know what figures China was reporting, but would be very surprised if there had been less than 10K deaths in Wuhan alone over the last few months.  She's obviate very careful what she says, but I think it's safe to say she thinks China are underestimating their deaths.

sadly, we'll never know

• Moderators
14 hours ago, gonzo said:

If anyone thinks this has even been close to a lockdown needs their heads checking. 

It’s been anything but for the self employed and nob jockeys fancying a mooch to the beach or country walk. 

Busses, trains and tubes running, taxis whizzing about and building sites full of lads all over the country.

painters, gardeners, roofers all grafting away outside folks houses today.

If your company decides you can’t WFH and doesn’t shut down you’re in work it’s as simple as that. 

That's true

And that's what we were told to do

Then piers Morgan can't fucking read or listen and tells the country that manufacturers are twats

Its not the govt that's shut us down, it's coughs and colds

• Site Supporter

As always, there are people making estimates and these vary wildly.

250,000 down to 7,000.

I expect the number will be somewhere in between. Hopefully nearer the 7k though.

We’ll have a better idea in 2 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

As always, there are people making estimates and these vary wildly.

250,000 down to 7,000.

I expect the number will be somewhere in between. Hopefully nearer the 7k though.

We’ll have a better idea in 2 weeks. 

This Imperial College bloke isn’t necessarily all that. He was the one who did the maths for foot and mouth, which cost the country 11bn, much of it unnecessarily 

I hope the Government know what they are doing....