Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

Have you managed to find the death rates over the last few days for the hardest hit regions in Italy?

I know the whole country recorded over 900 deaths yesterday, but I wondered if there'd been a drop in those areas.

I've had a look myself but haven't been able to find any.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Have you managed to find the death rates over the last few days for the hardest hit regions in Italy?

I know the whole country recorded over 900 deaths yesterday, but I wondered if there'd been a drop in those areas.

I've had a look myself but haven't been able to find any.

It goes to regional on here, under statistics. Lombardy still by far the worst, 60% of deaths.  I'm trying to get info for Lodi, a region of Lombardy that locked down early. I read a week ago that they've almost eradicated it, but I've not found the data yet, I've got some italian links It may be on. I'll post.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Gove today has said we should expect to be in lockdown for a significant period. It’s right they set expectations. There is no obvious exit and people need to realise this is a long haul.

General time amongst health professionals you see in news interviews seems to be may/June lockdown then it’s how you phase things back in 

obviously not a case of reet pubs airports open off you pop 

21 hours ago, snowball said:

lives in his little BBC metro sexual bubble at best of times 

Never said there wasn't a problem, its just there a few on here who live in their own little Lancashire bloke down the pub cod-news bubble at the best of times.

Edited by Not in Crawley

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

General time amongst health professionals you see in news interviews seems to be may/June lockdown then it’s how you phase things back in 

Yep. End of June. Then relax some stuff in July then back into lockdown August or September as it spikes again. Unless a solution is found that will be our future until a vaccine is ready.

Plus they are today talking about further tightening of restrictions which I can only assume will mean only essential workers can go to work. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yep. End of June. Then relax some stuff in July then back into lockdown August or September as it spikes again. Unless a solution is found that will be our future until a vaccine is ready.

Plus they are today talking about further tightening of restrictions which I can only assume will mean only essential workers can go to work. 

Workers & transport 

15 hours ago, snowball said:

👍life would be better without those 3

Was everyone on the booze last night, very aggressive round here. 

Although, I agree - this place is much better without Escoburp. As for Snowball, haven't a clue - I guess he's one of those posters who you just scroll by.

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Think we are all in agreement and acceptance now that this is how it’s going to be on/off for the foreseeable and I’m guessing we are all getting used to the idea no matter how grim the idea may be. One week done almost and just need to crack on with it best we can really. And hope the minority don’t prolong it by being idiots 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Think we are all in agreement and acceptance now that this is how it’s going to be on/off for the foreseeable and I’m guessing we are all getting used to the idea no matter how grim the idea may be. One week done almost and just need to crack on with it best we can really. And hope the minority don’t prolong it by being idiots 

Your last part is key 

I fear after a few weeks some will test it 

10 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Your last part is key 

Absolutely they will we all know that. But it’s upto the police to actually do something about it. Because they are impacted the same as us. Could turn ugly if they don’t with folk starting to self police. 

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Your last part is key 

If only a few break it it’s not a problem. But if too many do it just prolongs it. Needs hefty fines as a way to discourage people flouting the rules. Already people being warned by the police apparently if taking non essential journeys or hanging round in groups. 

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

If only a few break it it’s not a problem. But if too many do it just prolongs it. Needs hefty fines as a way to discourage people flouting the rules. Already people being warned by the police apparently if taking non essential journeys or hanging round in groups. 

20 flights from NY landed in London yesterday. Stopping stuff like that might be an idea too.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Who would have thought thst Morrissey would be right, 'Everyday is like Sunday'

...and i love Sundays. 

Good question from Marr to Gove and why we haven't tested as much as Germany, their death toll lower than ours and they have more cases. He half answer swerved the question of course, but our numbers are probably just as high, its just that we haven't tested. We keep hearing about game changers, but nothing. How is it that Germany and the US can carry out more testing, it's a fair question.

Jonny Marr interviewing Gove. I am sorry I missed that.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

You can't beat a Northern pub, and you know it 😁

True, although my favourite boozer at the moment is the King Charles just off Cally Rd near King's Cross. Its great, real fire, let you take your own food in (café opposite brings food across) free jukebox with a mix of ska, new wave, rock etc and a mix of old punks, music and sports writers from the Guardian whose offices are nearby, music press, media buyers, tradesfolk and even that bloke from This Is England from Chorley drops in from time to time. If you are in London, its worthwhile dropping in as its not far from Euston https://londonist.com/pubs/pubs/pubs/king-charles-i 

Plus - ale is around the 3.80 mark which for central London is good. Lost many a lunchtime work drinking session in there!

36 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

20 flights from NY landed in London yesterday. Stopping stuff like that might be an idea too.

Yeah, I saw someone posting on twitter about it being awful how there were only 6000 flights last week. And that’s 80% down. 6000. People moving all over the show then. Not good. 

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

True, although my favourite boozer at the moment is the King Charles just off Cally Rd near King's Cross. Its great, real fire, let you take your own food in (café opposite brings food across) free jukebox with a mix of ska, new wave, rock etc and a mix of old punks, music and sports writers from the Guardian whose offices are nearby, music press, media buyers, tradesfolk and even that bloke from This Is England from Chorley drops in from time to time. If you are in London, its worthwhile dropping in as its not far from Euston https://londonist.com/pubs/pubs/pubs/king-charles-i 

Plus - ale is around the 3.80 mark which for central London is good. Lost many a lunchtime work drinking session in there!

I love London pubs