Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

piss funny that

17 minutes ago, Ani said:

Also all these folk stuck abroad did they not know about the need to get home 2 weeks ago ? 

There will a few genuine cases but Tarquin and Fiona back-packing around fucknowswhereistan can make their own way home. 

the one i remember were ronnie biggs had a shitload of gold bars in some shitholeTM country and he still came back to britain. 

everyones got SARS-CoV 2: Electric Cough Achoo , and folk still wanna come home. 

think im gonna sing the national anthem. 

im trapped in my house in britain #YOLO

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A really interesting article.

It makes me a little uncomfortable saying certain individuals would have died anyway, and the disease didn't cause their deaths: it would be impossible to judge how long they would have lived without the disease.

However it's a rational article, focussed on what death rates actually are  and satisfies me that all this comparison with other nations and fixation with deaths isn't necessary and is somewhat unhealthy. 👍

a very good and informative article from s magazine for 'right wing twats" according to WW resident expert. who i am now blessedly immune from

One of my mates is currently on holiday in Thailand, I don't do Facebook, but one of my other mates sent me a post of what my mate who is in Thailand plastered on Facebook today.

He said "Can't believe the police kicked me off the beach today! All they were shouting was Corona Corona!"

What a fooking bellend! God knows how he's going to get back from Thailand, no doubt he hasn't even thought about that!

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

It’s crap. Everything is just dripping in cheese and oil. 
Shame for the staff like. 

i like it... in fact im not sure of any other chains like it??

ive never had anything with cheese from there.

i dont like nandos or frankie.

each to their own i guess

Edited by HomerJay

14 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i like it... in fact im not sure of any other chains like it??

ive never had anything with cheese from there.

i dont like nandos or frankie.

each to their own i guess

Chiquito at Middlebrook was alright a couple of years ago but was shite the last couple of times I’ve been. Bit of a rip off as well to be paying £12 for barely 100g of chicken and a couple of wraps. Fuck knows how they can’t turn a massive profit on that. 

Quite like F&Bs as long as you order the right stuff. 

Don't often go to Nando’s but the 2 person platter is pretty decent. Full chicken with sweet potato wedges and unlimited fizzy pop for 20 quid. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Chiquito at Middlebrook was alright a couple of years ago but was shite the last couple of times I’ve been. Bit of a rip off as well to be paying £12 for barely 100g of chicken and a couple of wraps. Fuck knows how they can’t turn a massive profit on that. 

Quite like F&Bs as long as you order the right stuff. 

Don't often go to Nando’s but the 2 person platter is pretty decent. Full chicken with sweet potato wedges and unlimited fizzy pop for 20 quid. 

i think this issue of most of these chains is the cost of being on a retail park.  but thats just an educated guess.

4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i think this issue of most of these chains is the cost of being on a retail park.  but thats just an educated guess.

Depends which other companies are prepared to take it on, I suppose. Can’t be many chains missing from Middlebrook now? No idea how busy Wagamama has been since taking over F&Bs but that was obviously a bit of a tactical move by the parent company. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Depends which other companies are prepared to take it on, I suppose. Can’t be many chains missing from Middlebrook now? No idea how busy Wagamama has been since taking over F&Bs but that was obviously a bit of a tactical move by the parent company. 

New Wagamama is really busy.

My mate used to go nearly every week before lockdown.

Can’t stand it myself like.

Mrs Manc nearly shat herself earlier. She’d picked me up a bottle of JD, a box of Malbec and a box of Sauvignon Blanc

Mrs: Don’t think you’re having all that booze to yourself you selfish bastard

Me: Eh?

Mrs: Fucking government have banned the sale of booze

Me: Eh?

Mrs: Stop fucking saying that and look at this

Me: Where did you get that?

Mrs: Daughter sent it me. She’s seen it on Twitter

Fuckmop!!!

0E0DCB4D-BE2C-4659-8FA9-94E14705BB36.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

One of my mates is currently on holiday in Thailand, I don't do Facebook, but one of my other mates sent me a post of what my mate who is in Thailand plastered on Facebook today.

He said "Can't believe the police kicked me off the beach today! All they were shouting was Corona Corona!"

What a fooking bellend! God knows how he's going to get back from Thailand, no doubt he hasn't even thought about that!

Depending on which province you are in you may be allowed on a beach but subject to social distancing. That is not difficult as most tourists have gone home and none are being allowed in.

6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Bad eh 

think there’s a few on here who use the bar on matchdays just wondered what grub was like 

I've started going in there pre-match, as it's relatively quiet, so you can get a seat/table.
I'd prefer to put money into the club, but the hotel can't cater for the numbers adequately.

Downside of C2C is that the beer is even more expensive than the hotel.

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If you haven’t I’ve a tip - don’t!

TGIs is passable.

TGI is absolutely horrific in my experience. Worst meal I’ve had in years at the one @ Cheadle Royal the other month. F&B the same, Chiquito slightly better but still garbage.

Wagamama and Nando’s are very good at what they do, same with KFC. not had a better katzu than the waga one and their vegan range is brilliant.

No point comparing KFC and Nando’s cos they’re different types of chicken restaurant...

1 minute ago, Traf said:

I've started going in there pre-match, as it's relatively quiet, so you can get a seat/table.
I'd prefer to put money into the club, but the hotel can't cater for the numbers adequately.

Downside of C2C is that the beer is even more expensive than the hotel.

Interesting that on the hotel 

I think it’s improved massively and don’t have any problems but the beer choice is shite