Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Heard a doctor on R5L this morning and it’s astonishing how the NHS are lining up against this thing.

There seems to be a relish about what they are doing for the country.

And then you realise it takes a nurse 3 years to earn what Jack Grealish earns in a week, and their attitudes to the current crisis.

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

And then you realise it takes a nurse 3 years to earn what Jack Grealish earns in a week, and their attitudes to the current crisis.

And this is why I think the whole of society will be changed by this. We cannot go on with an NHS limping on. An NHS that failed a pandemic test a few years back but that was hushed up. Understaffed, underfunded. We need an NHS with slack. Loads of slack. Its not wastage, its about preparedness.

And we need to re-assess what we actually value in society or at least nudge back towards some sense of a collective society. 

13 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Heard a doctor on R5L this morning and it’s astonishing how the NHS are lining up against this thing.

There seems to be a relish about what they are doing for the country.

Cannot praise the NHS Staff enough, government now need to sort out ventilators, ppe and testing, vitally important to protect the wonderful NHS staff. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He didn't say that though eh?

Nor infer it.

FFS we'd all love NHS staff etc to be paid more. Perhaps the will be in time.

Soldiers don't exactly earn of fortune neither, nor care workers, etc, etc.

Do you think the Tory party who cheered and clapped when they denied nurses a pay rise would "love that"?

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nor infer it.

You sure about that?

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Nor infer it.

The thorny age-old problem of that wealth has to be created before it can be spent

• Members
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What’s he done? 

Posted a video to stay inside

few hours later he was out and crashed into a car.

Been fined by his club.

Edited by Rudy’s Message

31 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

The thorny age-old problem of that wealth has to be created before it can be spent

the wealth has already been created for a few

surely this pandemic is a good enough reason for some of that wealth to be shared equitably 

if they don’t, then the question to be asked is ‘of what use are they?’

• Members

Last year or so I have been learning Spanish with a woman who teaches Spanish players/coaches English. She’s really good and I’m fluent enough in it to speak to my colleagues in Spanish. I was going to use this time off to learn another language but instead I’m going to learn sign language. 
There’s a lady at work who’s really lovely and she signs and I only know the basics so I’m hoping to surprise her with a conversation when I go back with my new acquired skills. 
I’ve also found out my daughters friend at nursery is deaf so I’m going to learn it with my daughter so she can interact more with her when she goes back. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Last year or so I have been learning Spanish with a woman who teaches Spanish players/coaches English. She’s really good and I’m fluent enough in it to speak to my colleagues in Spanish. I was going to use this time off to learn another language but instead I’m going to learn sign language. 
There’s a lady at work who’s really lovely and she signs and I only know the basics so I’m hoping to surprise her with a conversation when I go back with my new acquired skills. 
I’ve also found out my daughters friend at nursery is deaf so I’m going to learn it with my daughter so she can interact more with her when she goes back. 

Lovely idea

3 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Sure I saw something the other day that you can get a free BSL course online if you're under 18.

• Members
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Sure I saw something the other day that you can get a free BSL course online if you're under 18.

That’s a great idea. She’s been watching Mr Tumble this morning do the alphabet and I reckon I can have that nailed by the end of the week 😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:
8 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Rules kid