Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Only just got chance to go for the daily walk and it's really quite heart warming seeing all the houses where kids have drawn rainbows and stuck them in the windows, they'll remember this time forever.

Side note, it's so clear in the sky that we saw the International Space Station go over and Mars is standing out tonight, in the words of Dave Higson "shining like... Like a light".

There is a light just lower than the moon that looks like a man made object is that the space station? 

• Members
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Only just got chance to go for the daily walk and it's really quite heart warming seeing all the houses where kids have drawn rainbows and stuck them in the windows, they'll remember this time forever.

Side note, it's so clear in the sky that we saw the International Space Station go over and Mars is standing out tonight, in the words of Dave Higson "shining like... Like a light".

We’ve got one in ours and kids stop and look.

Our Maude put a teddy bear in the window and apparently that’s the new thing so kids can do the We’re going on a bear hunt trail. 

5 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Actual fact where people’s jobs were reassessed and they were down banded but still doing the same stuff. 

Not saying that hasn't happened but it's not national policy. Was on the end of a very bad AfC call when it first came in myself, had to move jobs because of it. It's a national policy that's subject to local interpretation, so there are examples of what you are saying, it's by no means across the board though. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

There is a light just lower than the moon that looks like a man made object is that the space station? 

We noticed that too but not sure what it is. Could be our alien overlords watching over us. ISS looks like a bright star but it moves like a fast plane.

Those SpaceX fleet satellites are becoming visible at night too now, there's a site you can track them on to see where to look. They come over in lines of 30, 40, 50 in a row some nights, it's meant to look pretty impressive/worrying depending on your views on filling space with metal objects.

6 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Not saying that hasn't happened but it's not national policy. Was on the end of a very bad AfC call when it first came in myself, had to move jobs because of it. It's a national policy that's subject to local interpretation, so there are examples of what you are saying, it's by no means across the board though. 

So it happened to you?

10 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

We’ve got one in ours and kids stop and look.

Our Maude put a teddy bear in the window and apparently that’s the new thing so kids can do the We’re going on a bear hunt trail. 

It's really nice, hopefully gives kids something to look out for to take their minds off a worrying time. It's unnerving for me to see deserted streets and quiet towns so must be scary for them.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

We noticed that too but not sure what it is. Could be our alien overlords watching over us. ISS looks like a bright star but it moves like a fast plane.

Those SpaceX fleet satellites are becoming visible at night too now, there's a site you can track them on to see where to look. They come over in lines of 30, 40, 50 in a row some nights, it's meant to look pretty impressive/worrying depending on your views on filling space with metal objects.

Bit off topic, but this is fucking mental if you want to see how many satellites are actually orbitting earth. It shows their orbits in real time. Mind blowing.

http://stuffin.space/

17 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Bit off topic, but this is fucking mental if you want to see how many satellites are actually orbitting earth. It shows their orbits in real time. Mind blowing.

http://stuffin.space/

Oh fuck off Cheese. About to go to bed and that’s another fucking site that’s gonna take hours off my life you arse

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It's basically a space version of Flightradar and I'm now going to lose hours of time in this rabbit hole!

10 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Oh fuck off Cheese. About to go to bed and that’s another fucking site that’s gonna take hours off my life you arse

Apologies gentlemen.

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

So it happened to you?

Kind of. AfC was just coming in when I started so I'm talking 15 years ago. Job was advertised on the old pay scale subject to review under the new contract. Within a month of starting I was told that the banding result was a lower salary than the old but I would be on pay protection at the old rate but no pay rise for God knows how long. Folk at another trust not far away doing the exact same job and some doing less skilled work were banded 2 bands higher. Got one band higher on appeal about a year after and cleared off to the higher paying trust 6 months after that. Its obviously more established now so the variation is less, but how a job comes out at banding panel can be influenced by using the right words in the Job Description. More room for it in admin roles than in nursing for example, where a staff nurse is a staff nurse and is a band 5 across the board. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

I wonder if the Government has a prediction of when we might peak and at how many deaths/day?

Trump, for all faults, answered this last night, I think.