Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

It's not just a blogger on ConservativeWomen.co.uk, Trevor Kavanagh in The Sun and Toby Young have both offered up variations of the 'wake up sheeple, it's just flu' column in the last few days. 

It's exactly the type of shit that re-inforces views, gets shared widely on Facebook and ultimately sees people take this virus far less seriously than they should be.

Fair point, there is a danger, but if stuff is getting too far from reality, does some responsibility not lie with Facebook itself to remove it. Like they do with racist stuff etc.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Yes.

I saw that one coming

anyway, be interesting how you think they'd decide which countries gets which advice, as I'd imagine (but you may not) that each would have some sort of risk classification

or do you think they just come up with random suggestions, throw a few different ideas to different countries, and see what works?

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I saw that one coming

anyway, be interesting how you think they'd decide which countries gets which advice, as I'd imagine (but you may not) that each would have some sort of risk classification

or do you think they just come up with random suggestions, throw a few different ideas to different countries, and see what works?

I really have no idea but I can't understand why different countries have different experts telling them to do different things. 

The WHO are playing a best-guess game and after the event will decide what worked best and what didn't. I'd imagine that's how best practice works. 

Obviously in scientific terms doing nothing at all would be needed as a base result but telling a country to do nothing at all would be frowned upon greatly, particularly by that country's inhabitants.  Sweden being "relaxed" about their CV dealings may be the best base result they can manage. 

Dates from first case to lockdown may be the data being collated. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I really have no idea but I can't understand why different countries have different experts telling them to do different things. 

The WHO are playing a best-guess game and after the event will decide what worked best and what didn't. I'd imagine that's how best practice works. 

Obviously in scientific terms doing nothing at all would be needed as a base result but telling a country to do nothing at all would be frowned upon greatly, particularly by that country's inhabitants.  Sweden being "relaxed" about their CV dealings may be the best base result they can manage. 

Belarus might provide a decent base line. The president is a loon.

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

it just makes my shit boil when he starts off in the first paragraph with these lines:

If the virus is so bad

a picture is beginning to emerge based on some initial hard data

quite different to the one routinely presented in the mainstream media

gives a misleading impression of the real situation. 

Here are the important data points for gaining a true appreciation of the nature of the beast.

and here's some pictures

e09f831e-6faf-11ea-b0ed-5e14cf8eb9e1_ima

original.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000571711090-1.jpg

image.jpg

b432a90ec31344139ae9af9d774b7c87_8.jpg

Cina-Wuhan-Ashes.jpg

that last one is of chinese queuing up to pick up the ashes of the dead...

Wrong, it's Brack Flyday last year...

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think it's because each country will be asking their experts different questions eg how do we save lives, or, how do we protect the economy, so the answers differ, but they're all based on what i reckon is massively flawed data coming out of China and subsequent reaction's to that

So Italy doesn't panic and ends up in shit creek

Maybe sweden look at Italy and reckon its down to all the old people in Italy

Yet they now have more deaths than their Scandinavian neighbours combined who went to lockdown some time ago

Germany look at Korea and go down the mass testing route, which also comes down to resources available

And so on

Its not really an even playing field in terms of priorities and resources

Edited by ZicoKelly

2 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

If the report about what that DUP councillor said is true then aside from him being mentally ill I think "they laughed at Noah until the rain started" might be my fave sound bite so far in all of this.

He also got ratlegged, got his cock out and took a swing for one of his lads...

They gloss over that bit, apart from Ridley Scott.

As an aside, there was some scruffy beardy old bloke on Granada Tonight t'other night.

I jokingly said (thinking it was some random local) "Fuck me, Russell Crowe's let himself go..."

My sister (aspirins/ironing board) replied "That is Russell Crowe. "

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Looks like ALL governments thecworld over have got it wrong then 🙄

Yes but it’s boris’ fault ultimately innit? Red jezza would have done a better job? It’s all lies. Worst kind of humans our government. 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Can someone save me a chunk of my life reading back these pages And just tell me is it all still the government has got it wrong , told us lies and are a disgrace? 

is this the gist still?

Correct.

this government is at fault, nothing to do with it be a virus without vaccine.

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Correct.

this government is at fault, nothing to do with it be a virus without vaccine.

Thanks pal. Thought it may be the case. Such a shame none of our esteemed fellow posters who know absolutely fucking everything about anything never took up a career in politics as this would all be sorted by now 

on second thoughts ......

Edited by Escobarp

And on that note 15 mins til they can give the cunts more ammunition to wank themselves into a frenzy over. about how it shouldn’t have been that way!!!! ✊🏼💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

Edited by Escobarp