Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

When Nick Ferrari is laying into the government like this a Tory government and Nick Ferrari is absolutely going for them - you know things are bleak.

You’re surpassing yourself with this. People on here aren’t as stupid as you think.

Mr Grey’s right. (Shocker) 🙄

6 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

A bit of honesty about why our testing and PPE for frontline NHS staff has been so inadequate. 

Just a straight answer and then get on with sorting it out.

You mean an answer that you agree with?

• Moderators

I want to know, technically, how do you test for something that 3 weeks ago was unique to Chinese bats? And how many million of these tests are you supposed to have in stock? Where do they come from and lastly who does the testing?

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I've just looked him up:

Ridley was chairman of the UK bank Northern Rock from 2004 to 2007, during which period Northern Rock experienced the first run on a British bank in 150 years. Ridley resigned and the bank was bailed out by the UK government leading to the nationalisation of Northern Rock.

3 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

On the radio today.. apparently Boris isn't doing enough..

Boris who is self isolating,  with the virus,  and is really I'll, isn't doing enough..

Mate you don’t need to listen to The wireless for that. Just come on here and pm fanny5 and chums and you will get an elongated view of that 

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I want to know, technically, how do you test for something that 3 weeks ago was unique to Chinese bats? And how many million of these tests are you supposed to have in stock? Where do they come from and lastly who does the testing?

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/covid-19-coronavirus-pandemic-how-antibody-blood-tests-work

27 minutes ago, Steejay said:

You’re surpassing yourself with this. People on here aren’t as stupid as you think.

Mr Grey’s right. (Shocker) 🙄

Hang on I’m reporting what right wing, pro Brexit, Pro Boris commentators are saying, and suggesting if they are after them you know it’s bad. 

Hancock is doing a far better job of actually being honest about why we’ve not been able to test. It comes back to not mobilising lab space like the Germans did - they had a higher base anyway but we didn’t convert enough space into suitable testing labs.

And personally I think the biggest failing is not taking the EU ventilator offer up and now managing to add additional ventilators so far to the tune of 30.....people will die because of lack of ventilators. The testing issue shows poor early decisions but the ventilator issue is really awful.

Edited by bwfcfan5

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

From what I can see, and I know fuck all about dealing with pandemics, the only mistake the govt. have made is the lack of decent PPE.

Beyond that, they are dealing with a nightmare.

They have managed to pay half the population a decent wage, whilst asking for fuck all in return apart from watching box sets and drinking.

Theyve built a 4,000 bed hospital in a week or so. They did that in China and people were wanking themselves to the salt.

They are being transparent about their strategy, and it seems to be doing ok in comparison to most other countries.

All whilst having to field daily questions off Robert fucking Peston.

I’ll stick with team Boris for now.

I think China actually built one quicker than we've put some beds in the Excel centre

9 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It’s the best peformance so far. Some actual honesty. Think the criticism has got to them.

Yep. Tightened up noticeably.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

From what I can see, and I know fuck all about dealing with pandemics, the only mistake the govt. have made is the lack of decent PPE.

Beyond that, they are dealing with a nightmare.

They have managed to pay half the population a decent wage, whilst asking for fuck all in return apart from watching box sets and drinking.

Theyve built a 4,000 bed hospital in a week or so. They did that in China and people were wanking themselves to the salt.

They are being transparent about their strategy, and it seems to be doing ok in comparison to most other countries.

All whilst having to field daily questions off Robert fucking Peston.

I’ll stick with team Boris for now.

Yebbut, yebbut, yebbut...

It's never enough is it?

Some people are professors in hindsight.

I'd call them dicks.

Edited by Steejay

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I think China actually built one quicker than we've put some beds in the Excel centre

Go and live in China then.

There's loads of united fans there who’ve never been to old Trafford, you’ll fit right in. <take some sellotape for your eyes, like>

11 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Would you believe anything that China say?

5 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

What’s the betting that our mad Marxist moron will be on here calling for Johnson to resign within a week?

odds on id say

If you mean me then no absolutely not. They just need to be honest and stop playing politics with information. Which today they are doing. There is no other government possible. They’ve responded to criticism so crack on.

It's right that people look for answers to pertinent questions.

And the job of the press is to do that.

But, there should be some understanding of the issue at hand and some empathy. The press are letting the people (and the NHS?) down with this attack strategy.