Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

16 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Petitions galore on twitter, 85 degrees, Change et al. Wankers the lot of them. 

They should have a voice, but some of the shit they are coming out with is beyond belief.

Have they got any signatures though? You see mad stuff on social media all the time. It looks very loud but usually it’s a handful of nut jobs.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

You mean an answer that you agree with?

No idea what that means but I know they can do no wrong in your eyes.

Boris couldn't give a straight answer throughout the election campaign so a bit much to expect any different now.

38 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

It's right that people look for answers to pertinent questions.

And the job of the press is to do that.

But, there should be some understanding of the issue at hand and some empathy. The press are letting the people (and the NHS?) down with this attack strategy.

Nah. The government need to be held accountable.

You want the press to ignore failings? 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Whilst not going full on like mickbrown Gove is the weak link imo. Boris has done a good job with that cabinet. Good people who’ve stepped up in a time of crisis but not Gove for me

I like gove- performs well in the house, and did a good job when in charge of the environment.

Always a bit of a question mark however, after he suddenly stood for leader when May got the gig.

Perhaps Boris keeping his enemies close?

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I like gove- performs well in the house, and did a good job when in charge of the environment.

Always a bit of a question mark however, after he suddenly stood for leader when May got the gig.

Perhaps Boris keeping his enemies close?

I wouldn’t trust gove if he was the last man on earth. Treacherous wee rat he is. 

but as you point out maybe it’s a tactical move from Sir Boris

• Site Supporter

Is a lack of PPE for the NHS down to government or is it down to the bean counters at the NHS who decide where best to spend the budget?

And yes, I do understand that the NHS will ask for an amount and the govt. then give them less.

I don't get how a very unexpected event such as this can be prepared for so even if they were given the full amount they still wouldn't have bought sufficient PPE for it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

From what I can see, and I know fuck all about dealing with pandemics, the only mistake the govt. have made is the lack of decent PPE.

Beyond that, they are dealing with a nightmare.

They have managed to pay half the population a decent wage, whilst asking for fuck all in return apart from watching box sets and drinking.

Theyve built a 4,000 bed hospital in a week or so. They did that in China and people were wanking themselves to the salt.

They are being transparent about their strategy, and it seems to be doing ok in comparison to most other countries.

All whilst having to field daily questions off Robert fucking Peston.

I’ll stick with team Boris for now.

This ppe lark is a strange one.

Even the top bods in the NHS said there was enough in storage, but for whatever reason the distribution was shite.

I would have thought enough haulage was available to prevent shortages, but for some reason the army had to be brought in.

This set up will need to be reviewed for sure.

We even had a situation a day or two back with front line staff at odds with their own hospital management and saying they may have to reduce a&e service, as supposedly stuff wasn't getting to them/being requisitioned enough.

This whole system of supply seems to require some sort of overhaul as part of a planned nationwide emergency response.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Is a lack of PPE for the NHS down to government or is it down to the bean counters at the NHS who decide where best to spend the budget?

And yes, I do understand that the NHS will ask for an amount and the govt. then give them less.

I don't get how a very unexpected event such as this can be prepared for so even if they were given the full amount they still wouldn't have bought sufficient PPE for it.

In that respect i think it was Matt Hancock who said in Jan, in the house of commons, that we were fully prepared for it before we'd had a case reported

Obviously that isn't the case

But again, i think it was based on duff info from china

52 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

No idea what that means but I know they can do no wrong in your eyes.

Boris couldn't give a straight answer throughout the election campaign so a bit much to expect any different now.

You haven't read all my posts then, esp esterday, so take your nonce slur back

49 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Whilst not going full on like mickbrown Gove is the weak link imo. Boris has done a good job with that cabinet. Good people who’ve stepped up in a time of crisis but not Gove for me

Not a fan myself

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

In that respect i think it was Matt Hancock who said in Jan, in the house of commons, that we were fully prepared for it before we'd had a case reported

Obviously that isn't the case

But again, i think it was based on duff info from china

This was also reiterated during a health select committee meeting just a couple of weeks ago or so.

NHS top man was there together with a woman who's name I can't remember.

They spoke about how we had a large stock of equipment as we, unlike plenty other countries, had a plan for something like this.

It was also said, we had also planned for a no deal brexit potentially causing shortages.

The NHS mon seemed a little less confident about the country's ability to keep supplying at the required rate, and that's perhaps something we've seen a bit of now.