Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 minute ago, Morizio said:

Why ask them?

People in a vulnerable state. It could be argued that given their condition at that time means they couldn’t give meaningful consent. 

Because it might be in their best interests?

I think health professionals will have a good grasp on who can give meaningful consent and who can't.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

I hope the nhs didn't take up his offer to use is unfinished venue, its an absolute shithole around there, matresses etc... its a fly tipping and dumping paradise. 14 years and its still not finished, apparently because he keeps running out of money, the cnut or his family have never paid for one BWFC game over the years, and we haven't seen them down the reebok in recent shite times. Hes a glassed chinned thick cnut, who has got away with murder. 

.... don't get me started 🤣

He's a closet red too.. Oh 🤔💣😁

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The government are acting and have been for weeks, such an easy task beating them over the head while sat outside government not having to do fuck all. 

Boris was shaking people’s hands in a virus ridden hospital 3 weeks ago. You can’t blame folk for thinking they might be unprepared.

As an aside I don’t think many are beating the government. Just telling them they need to get shift on and sort their shit out. 

We need more ventilators and we need more testing. 

8 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This is not normal. This is severe measures to manage capacity. And there is no ‘may’ in there. Death sentences for many. 

What is it now, won’t be admitted to hospital as you originally claimed, or highly unlikely? Which means they just might. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I hope the nhs didn't take up his offer to use is unfinished venue, its an absolute shithole around there, matresses etc... its a fly tipping and dumping paradise. 14 years and its still not finished, apparently because he keeps running out of money, the cnut or his family have never paid for one BWFC game over the years, and we haven't seen them down the reebok in recent shite times. Hes a glassed chinned thick cnut, who has got away with murder. 

.... don't get me started 🤣

And his driving....

he got in our lift in Bulgaria with his dad 

that’s my claim 

Just now, gonzo said:

Boris was shaking people’s hands in a virus ridden hospital 3 weeks ago. You can’t blame folk for thinking they might be unprepared.

As an aside I don’t think many are beating the government. Just telling them they need to get shift on and sort their shit out. 

We need more ventilators and we need more testing. 

Many folk pointing stuff out are political point scoring that don’t sit well with me, the government know the task in hand and any shortfall won’t be for the want of trying. 

11 minutes ago, Morizio said:

We differ on opinions. 

Are they in effect at your location?

Presumably you've never nursed someone who's in a vegetative state after a 'successful' CPR? 

EVERYBODY is worse off after CPR. I'd say less than half survive. And about 1 in 10 who do survive end up leaving hospital. That's before coronavirus.

And while that person is having CPR you've got 4 or 5 people working on them. And if they've survived CPR they're going to need extremely close nursing and medical care that we just don't have at the moment.

Basically more people will ultimately die if we try CPR on every coronavirus patient who has a cardiac arrest.

In answer to your question - DNACPR's are always in operation at the hospital. We have a discussion with anybody who is unlikely to have a good outcome from CPR about their best interests. I don't work at the hospital at the moment - so I don't know if there's a blanket discussion going on. But if there's not - I doubt we're far off.

I'll be signing one without a seconds though if I go up. And I'm in my mid 40's. Coronavirus and being unable to breathe with a pneumonia and broken ribs would be hell.

Edited by kent_white

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It’s clear we are gearing up and rightly so, but Van Tam says currently we are nowhere near capacity of ventilators or icu beds,  I’ll take his opinion over the likes of fan5 who said this. 

11 hours ago,  bwfcfan5 said: 

Because we don’t have enough ventilators and ICU capacity. We are now like Italy was. 

He’s a quite a strange person

Totally hates the Tories, even if it turns out not to be their fault that the Chinese let this disease free.

Each to their own

19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Because it might be in their best interests?

I think health professionals will have a good grasp on who can give meaningful consent and who can't.

To in effect end someone’s life is in their best interest? How’ve you come to that conclusion?

They should but that’s why advocates exist. 

There’s also the matter that where consent can be given it can also be removed. 

Interesting, for some, the piece by Charles Moore in this morning’s Telegraph.

Recommended for those of an open and inquisitive mind.

😇

14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Presumably you've never nursed someone who's in a vegetative state after a 'successful' CPR? 

EVERYBODY is worse off after CPR. I'd say less than half survive. And about 1 in 10 who do survive end up leaving hospital. That's before coronavirus.

And while that person is having CPR you've got 4 or 5 people working on them. And if they've survived CPR they're going to need extremely close nursing and medical care that we just don't have at the moment.

Basically more people will ultimately die if we try CPR on every coronavirus patient who has a cardiac arrest.

In answer to your question - DNACPR's are always in operation at the hospital. We have a discussion with anybody who is unlikely to have a good outcome from CPR about their best interests. I don't work at the hospital at the moment - so I don't know if there's a blanket discussion going on. But if there's not - I doubt we're far off.

I'll be signing one without a seconds though if I go up. And I'm in my mid 40's. Coronavirus and being unable to breathe with a pneumonia and broken ribs would be hell.

No I’ve not but I am aware of people who have had CPR and are thriving. 

Whilst I accept and understand the point that you are making and also acknowledge your profession means you have expertise in this area but I think you are drawing your conclusion from matters in every day life and not in emergency times where this can be interpreted badly. 

Interesting you’d choose death. I’d choose life and that’s seemingly where our opinions differ. 

23 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Thanks, Kent, really helpful 

Just now, Morizio said:

No I’ve not but I am aware of people who have had CPR and are thriving. 

Whilst I accept and understand the point that you are making and also acknowledge your profession means you have expertise in this area but I think you are drawing your conclusion from matters in every day life and not in emergency times where this can be interpreted badly. 

Interesting you’d choose death. I’d choose life and that’s seemingly where our opinions differ. 

Great - and the people who have had CPR and are thriving are a testament to the skill of the resus team and an appropriate decision by the resus team to attempt CPR.

They could have chosen not to if they considered it to be futile. That's worth remembering. No patient can insist that a medical team attempt CPR.

And no - I'd choose life everytime. But I'd also choose not spending my final moments with strangers jumping up and down on my chest and giving me a punctured lung.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We don’t know how many ventilators we are going to need and it’s impossible to plan for such uncertainty  and It’s not yet clear that our death rates will eclipse or match Italy,  let’s wait and see. 

Wait for what exactly before doing what?