Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No idea you would need to ask the people that declined his approach. 

and as far as I’m aware it’s registered in the UK and pays normal rates of tax in the UK. 

Well it’s a strange one then. 

It’s also quite ironic to see these champions of capitalism and small government asking for government help. 

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

US Oil prices have turned negative for the first time ever.

I was going to post a sarcastic comment along the lines of "how does that work, are they going to pay us to buy it now?" only to find out that's literally what it means.

It's the May contract price though, which isnt being traded much, the June and July price is still $28 dollars or something, not that I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to oil futures

Just now, mickbrown said:

Well it’s a strange one then. 

It’s also quite ironic to see these champions of capitalism and small government asking for government help. 

Worlds a strange place just now 

but if they don’t stump up and treat them equally as they have done the fat Greek then there will be an awful lot of additional unemployed people in the queue very shortly. It’s them I feel sorry for being made a pawn in political game possibly.  

but i don’t know the details so can’t really comment on The whys.

i saw the government putting pressure on a syndicate of banks to save a well known travel company a few years ago (didnt save them ultimately it transpired) so would seem odd that they also let flybe go to the wall and appear to be allowing virgin to follow the same path but save easy jet?? That’s the real story here but it’s being pushed down into insignificance by the outrage at virgin asking for a loan 

easy jet is where the juicy gossip is. Let’s see if our esteemed journalists go after it or just let it slide. My money is on the latter. And I wonder why 

2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's the May contract price though, which isnt being traded much, the June and July price is still $28 dollars or something, not that I know what the hell I'm talking about when it comes to oil futures

So I believe. It's something to do with the cost of storing it if I've understood correctly. A quirk of the system, and I suppose to be expected, but it's still pretty amazing to me.

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

So I believe. It's something to do with the cost of storing it if I've understood correctly. A quirk of the system, and I suppose to be expected, but it's still pretty amazing to me.

Try no storage and you would be closer to the truth maybe from what I read earlier mate 

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Worlds a strange place just now 

but if they don’t stump up and treat them equally as they have done the fat Greek then there will be an awful lot of additional unemployed people in the queue very shortly. It’s them I feel sorry for being made a pawn in political game possibly.  

but i don’t know the details so can’t really comment on The whys.

i saw the government putting pressure on a syndicate of banks to save a well known travel company a few years ago (didnt save them ultimately it transpired) so would seem odd that they also let flybe go to the wall and appear to be allowing virgin to follow the same path but save easy jet?? That’s the real story here but it’s being pushed down into insignificance by the outrage at virgin asking for a loan 

easy jet is where the juicy gossip is. Let’s see if our esteemed journalists go after it or just let it slide. My money is on the latter. And I wonder why 

You have a theory?

41 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The parent company, Virgin Group Holdings Ltd, is registered in the British Virgin Islands. Richard Branson and his family hold a £2.7 billion stake in this offshore, tax-free, tax haven company.

Like I said. Fuck him. 

In the same camp as you Michael, fuck Branson, he's a cunt.

Plus, I reckon he's a once, the shit Santa lookalike, MMW on this.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

They are indeed, at least in Glasgow and Lanarkshire. The bloke who works for me has just done Saturday and Sunday night shifts in A&E. These are 3 genuine cases he’s had in over the weekend, all of them accompanied by the coppers......

1. Bloke who got a kicking from his neighbours after he’d twatted his neighbour with a shovel. When asked why he’d twatted said neighbour he just said that the neighbour had “put the bins out too loudly” and he was getting pissed off with the lockdown and needed to “hit someone”. Completely unconcerned that he could barely stand up due to his booze consumption and the fact that the rest of the neighbours had turned on him

2. Well known usual attendee at A&E. Dealer known for taxing other dealers and suspected of ending a few lives previously. Stabbed in the neck. Ended up with his rib cage being cut open and open heart massage applied. “Sadly” didn’t make it

3. Another well known attendee from the drug underworld. He fell downstairs apparently. My man asked him if he’d fallen on a shoe rack and bounced up and down a few times as there were at least four different shoe prints on his body

Dunno what @escobarp is seeing and hearing on the other side of Scotchland but over on the West they planned for CV admissions and haven’t yet seen the levels that they expected, but a big increase in stabbings and kickings. He’s heard that Lothian and Tayside are particularly bad for both these, particularly Dundee where the addicts/dealers are going crazy and causing mayhem with A&E admissions

Very subtle re No.3 😉😂👍

Also if people are going to believe what they read at least verify it’s accurate. 

virgin atlantic isn’t owned by virgin group holdings. JSL 

poor journalism yet again 

oh and my interest in this? My missus has worked for virgin for 10 years Until recently

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Can't stand him tbh

Just one of those people that winds me up, done a lot to raise the profile of Dyslexia though. 

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Definitely a nonce

I base this on the thinking that if i was the head of virgin I'd try to deflower as many virgins as i could, and call it brand marketing

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Go for your life. It's embarrassing whoever is behind it!

I’ve seen a fair few. Not looking for them just seen them and then when you have a little scroll it’s obvious. 

it’s pathetic on both sides of the coin 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I think it could 

Seems France was triggered by a minority lad in a poor area getting killed by heavy handed police

We're not there yet, but, If it was to happen in London be interesting to see if it spreads like it did last time

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Lonsdale frenzy, the chavs around here love the gear, in fact some around here think they have gone up market and invested in Fila trainers and Firetap 🙄

Upgrading to sonneti and jack wills when they reach the a - league pal 

Leigh. The land that time forgot