Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

ONS stats show  13.1k covid deaths in England  up to 10th April. DHSC shows 9.2k, NHS reconciled figures shows 10.2k. This shows the effect the lag in reporting deaths and lack of tests is having on the real numbers.

ONS ststs include not tested for covid but where the Dr puts covid down as suspected contributory factor to death. if this trend has continued until now,  it means we are at more like 23k now.

Going to be interesting to see if / when they start including these figures in the official briefings 

Edited by peelyfeet

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

BBC news headline for today

number of people dying reaches 20 year high.

Who would of thought it. Insightful British media at its best 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

though what happened 20 years ago? was it the millennium bug?

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

ONS stats show  13.1k covid deaths in England  up to 10th April. DHSC shows 9.2k, NHS reconciled figures shows 10.2k. This shows the effect the lag in reporting deaths and lack of tests is having on the real numbers.

ONS ststs include not tested for covid but where the Dr puts covid down as suspected contributory factor to death. if this trend has continued until now,  it means we are at more like 23k now.

Going to be interesting to see if / when they start including these figures in the official briefings 

Having reviewed, I conclude we are in a global pandemic

• Site Supporter

850 ish today 

Spoke to the lady at the care home my mum was briefly at earlier on. She says care homes are in meltdown all over the place and the virus is killing thousands. (based on communications between care home operators)

Looks like Kent's predictionof this being the real story when the shakedown comes is going to be true, sadly.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

850 ish today 

Spoke to the lady at the care home my mum was briefly at earlier on. She says care homes are in meltdown all over the place and the virus is killing thousands. (based on communications between care home operators)

Looks like Kent's prediction of this being the real story when the shakedown comes is going to be true, sadly.

Its been the exact same here in the US

Sweden, who some people have been saying had the right idea all along by not locking down have seen a big spike today, of 185 people, which is a lot for them, as it moves them up to 7th in the gruesome league table of deaths per 1M population

• Members
Just now, Sweep said:

Sweden, who some people have been saying had the right idea all along by not locking down have seen a big spike today, of 185 people, which is a lot for them, as it moves them up to 7th in the gruesome league table of deaths per 1M population

Europa league spot

• Site Supporter

By the way

Was my mums funeral yesterday.

To say it was bleak would be a massive understatement.

3 of us in the chapel in Shrewsbury, the livestream wouldn’t work so no other family could watch.

The people there were doing their best but we were ushered in and out like it was a dystopian theme park.

I know this is the same for thousands of people, and it’s shit for each and every one of them.

Whatever it takes to get this virus under control we really must do. People shouldn’t have to go through that. Even the hearse looked bare because we couldn’t source and wreaths or flowers and the undertakers are reluctant to touch anything in any case.

My point is, protect your oldies. They deserve a better send off than the ones being delivered right now.

Love and peace.

Edited by Spider

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

By the way

Was my mums funeral yesterday.

To say it was bleak would be a massive understatement.

3 of us in the chapel in Shrewsbury, the livestream wouldn’t work so no other family could watch.

The people there were doing their best but we were ushered in and out like it was a dystopian theme park.

I know this is the same for thousands of people, and it’s shit for each and every one of them.

Whatever it takes to get this virus under control we really must do. People shouldn’t have to go through that. Even the hearse looked bare because we couldn’t source and wreaths or flowers and the undertakers are reluctant to touch anything in any case.

My point is, protect your oldies. They deserve a better send off than the ones being delivered right now.

Love and peace.

Sad reading that mate. Hope you’re ok and you will get to give her a send off more appropriate to you and the family in due course 

Hancock on at 5 Terrible Health Minister. Saying the would be 100k tests per day by the end of April.

Not got a clue how many people have died in care homes.

Now its coming out that we turned down a E.U   Scheme to buy ventilators and ppe in mid March.

He reminds me of a thick Scott Quigge

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, masi 51 said:

Hancock on at 5 Terrible Health Minister. Saying the would be 100k tests per day by the end of April.

Now its coming out that we turned down a E.U   Scheme to buy ventilators and ppe in mid March.

and how did that Ventilator scheme work out...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1266954/BBC-news-Andrew-Neil-EU-ventilator-scheme-Boris-Johnson-NHS-equipment

22 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

We haven’t missed the ventilators, though