Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

I’ve been taking the dog around Regent Park golf course and it’s brilliant, I love Golf but I do think what a waste of a space it is 

did you walk past the academy? notice if any of the pitches are being looked after?

18 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hmm, I'll give them a go

You were doing a "positives" piece for a couple of days.

Some of my positives

• Not driving into Manchester every day
  • Not using up suits
  • Not ironing
  • Walking 8 miles a day
  • Knowing the neighbours
  • A more peaceful external environment
  • Walking over the golf course; it's like a country park!
  • Not spending any money (haven't used cash at all since lockdown)

Don’t forget seeing one of your heroes live at 5pm everyday on the box.

• Members
1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

did you walk past the academy? notice if any of the pitches are being looked after?

Yeah I do, can’t say I see anyone ever on there 

3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Lancashire Tea is fabulous.

Milder, gentler than others.

26 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

haha - I've tried lancashire tea - bit too weak for me - any other Tea recommendations? 

I like Earl Grey and Chai, not into the fruity stuff or green tea

How odd. I find Lancashire tea much stronger with a much bigger tannin hit

39 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hmm, I'll give them a go

You were doing a "positives" piece for a couple of days.

Some of my positives

• Not driving into Manchester every day
  • Not using up suits
  • Not ironing
  • Walking 8 miles a day
  • Knowing the neighbours
  • A more peaceful external environment
  • Walking over the golf course; it's like a country park!
  • Not spending any money (haven't used cash at all since lockdown)

That's what I've noticed after working from home for 7 years - I hardly buy any clothes that need ironing anymore,  spend 90% of my time in walking gear now. 

33 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Don’t forget seeing one of your heroes live at 5pm everyday on the box.

Who’s that?

3 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

"Bloody hell Jerry, you don't mix the counties! Like Ike and Tina, Chalk and Cheese, they don't go. You're asking for trouble!"

Have you ever been to Sedbergh? - my in laws have a Caravan there - it's near Kendal, but in Yorkshire, everyone who lives there hates Yorkshire and think they're from Cumbria and Lancashire Cricket Club play there. It's like Jerusalem   

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

I love Lancashire Tea! I've only ever found it in Sainsbury's though and never anywhere else than Bolton. Who else deals these bags?

Tesco at Horwich

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I love Lancashire Tea! I've only ever found it in Sainsbury's though and never anywhere else than Bolton. Who else deals these bags?

Last time I tried it was years ago, the FiL bought a box from Home Bargains. It was crap. Maybe they had a dodgy batch so might try it again, they sell it in our local Coop.

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Have you ever been to Sedbergh? - my in laws have a Caravan there - it's near Kendal, but in Yorkshire, everyone who lives there hates Yorkshire and think they're from Cumbria and Lancashire Cricket Club play there. It's like Jerusalem   

Been past a few times but never been, I'll have to stop by next time!

6 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Been past a few times but never been, I'll have to stop by next time!

nice place if you like walks and pubs and golf - very quiet, big massive private school like hogwarts dominates everything, with loads of sports fields,   like a mini kirkby lonsdale, river Lune runs through it and is on the side of a fell - very picturesque, locals are weirdos 

Edited by peelyfeet

10 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Last time I tried it was years ago, the FiL bought a box from Home Bargains. It was crap. Maybe they had a dodgy batch so might try it again, they sell it in our local Coop.

I've not had it for a long time now, I hope its not false memory!

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Unless you’re talking Betty’s Tea Room Blend (Loose Leaf) which is the tea of the gods, you can fuck right off and I’m on the other side in the big rumble and will happily twat you with my tea strainer. Not sure how but just discovered how good Lancashire Tea is. Yorkshire Tea can now fuck off into the bin with PG Tips as tasteless coloured water

Booo.

You'll be having a fall out with your mum, and I reckon I know who to put my money on!!

Perhaps I will try Lancashire again, just for scientific rigour, but I remain extremely sceptical.

U noticed how different Ministers keep mentioning wearing Face Masks?

theres not enough for the general public at the moment but be assured that sewing machines are whirring away as we speak, hundreds of thousands being made, with your teams colours and logo (I kid u not) in readiness for easing of lockdown restrictions when they gonna be made compulsory.

41 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

U noticed how different Ministers keep mentioning wearing Face Masks?

theres not enough for the general public at the moment but be assured that sewing machines are whirring away as we speak, hundreds of thousands being made, with your teams colours and logo (I kid u not) in readiness for easing of lockdown restrictions when they gonna be made compulsory.

In the early days of the virus in the UK, i remember that the medical advice was  not to bother with face masks as they were useless.

Seems a U-turn has happened since.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

In the early days of the virus in the UK, i remember that the medical advice was  not to bother with face masks as they were useless.

Evidence that if you're infected, wearing one will help reduce the spread. 

Wearing one doesn't give much help in stopping you getting it from someone it seems.

Going to look like Japan in a bit.

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I think the message was given to not use masks initially,  because the powers that be were trying to prevent spread, and as the surgical ones don't provide great protection from catching the disease, they may have given people a false sense of security and made them less likely to do all the other stuff.

Now that there's going to be potentially lots of asymptomatic people walking round for the foreseeable - anything that prevents, or hinders the length that a cough or sneeze propells the virus out into the air, is going to help

I've also read that some are saying all shops, pubs, restaurants, offices, cinemas etc, should have as many doors and windows open as possible, all the time  to get the air circulation better.