Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s started. God help me

Nothing has "started". I'm sure the Government is increasing testing capacity as quickly as it can, and if they've managed to up it to over 70,000 then all credit to them. But they should be honest about it, because honesty is never more important than at a time of national crisis.

If it's correct that they've recently changed the definition to include tests posted to people's homes, or even just "the agreeing to the mailing of a home testing kit" in order to massage the figures and claim they've hit the 100,000 target then that's piss poor by anyone's standard. And to be honest, would seem to be much like that political point scoring you're very much against.

Just now, only1swanny said:

The neg heads at it again.. 100,000 tests is 100,000 tests...

It’s unbelievable mate. It’s just so so sad. I actually in a strange way feel sorry for these people. What a way to live your life eh 

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Nothing has "started". I'm sure the Government is increasing testing capacity as quickly as it can, and if they've managed to up it to over 70,000 then all credit to them. But they should be honest about it, because honesty is never more important than at a time of national crisis.

If it's correct that they've recently changed the definition to include tests posted to people's homes, or even just "the agreeing to the mailing of a home testing kit" in order to massage the figures and claim they've hit the 100,000 target then that's piss poor by anyone's standard. And to be honest, would seem to be much like that political point scoring you're very much against.

A test is a test. I went to the docs a couple of months ago for a blood test. I went on a Thursday. Got the results About two weeks later. I had my test on that first Thursday. Not when I got the results. I can’t see what’s difficult to understand about that 

A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL THE TEAMS INVOLVED IN ACHIEVING OVER 100,000 TESTS A DAY IN APRIL! 

Credit where credit is due, I didn’t think they’d do it but I’m happy to admit I was wrong.

shame some other people can’t admit that! 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

A test is a test. I went to the docs a couple of months ago for a blood test. I went on a Thursday. Got the results About two weeks later. I had my test on that first Thursday. Not when I got the results. I can’t see what’s difficult to understand about that 

Because what matter is our capacity to actually carry out the tests per day, not mail them out. If those figures are correct, then it means we currently have the capacity to carry out over 70,000 tests per day. They should clerly state that because it's absolutely an achievement in such a short space of time. If people have a problem with "only" 70,000 tests beinf carried out per day then fuck 'em.

But mailing out tests and claiming them in the number? Nah.

If the article proves to be false then I'll happily hold my hands up. Hopefully it is.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Because what matter is our capacity to actually carry out the tests per day, not mail them out. If those figures are correct, then it means we currently have the capacity to carry out over 70,000 tests per day. They should clerly state that because it's absolutely an achievement in such a short space of time. If people have a problem with "only" 70,000 tests beinf carried out per day then fuck 'em.

If the article proves to be false then I'll happily hold my hands up. Hopefully it is.

Thing is, 

it doesn't matter as long as people who need testing, get tested..

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

You’ve posted an article that comes from a source that claims the HSJ understands which means it doesn’t actually know, if it’s the truth. 

I don’t believe you’ve posted it as a topic for discussion. You’ve posted it in the hope it’s true. It’s just a viewpoint I can’t associate with. I want the government to succeed in this fight because it means I can get back to living my life again As soon as possible. 

others want the government to fail so they can create a story or social media storm which means we are stuck in longer. 

and for the record I couldn’t care what colour rosette the government have. If jimmy krankie was PM and the snp ruled the roost I would be a 100% behind them. That’s a fact. Not looking for nuances and ways to trip people up. 

7 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

People who use the term MSM are as bd as those Trump mentalists

First time I've ever used it, sorry!

And the last!

Just now, Escobarp said:

You’ve posted an article that comes from a source that claims the HSJ understands which means it doesn’t actually know, if it’s the truth. 

I don’t believe you’ve posted it as a topic for discussion. You’ve posted it in the hope it’s true. It’s just a viewpoint I can’t associate with. I want the government to succeed in this fight because it means I can get back to living my life again As soon as possible. 

others want the government to fail so they can create a story or social media storm which means we are stuck in longer. 

and for the record I couldn’t care what colour rosette the government have. If jimmy krankie was PM and the snp ruled the roost I would be a 100% behind them. That’s a fact. Not looking for nuances and ways to trip people up. 

The scientist guy in the briefing confirmed it. 

40k of the 120k were sent out rather than tests. I never knew how they were being counted so not arsed. Sure the scientist guy also said this is how they have always been counted. 

8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

If the HSJ is saying then I would take it as gospel. It's essentially a trade journal for Health Service Leaders, so very far from MSM. There's no way your typical HSJ reader would put their career on the line by not being anonymous. HSJ has lifted its paywall for its COVID coverage and is a really good source of info if anyone is interested. 

That said I agree with the sentiment that reaching the target is a huge achievement and should be celebrated not questioned on technicalities.

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

1 minute ago, Ani said:

The scientist guy in the briefing confirmed it. 

40k of the 120k were sent out rather than tests. I never knew how they were being counted so not arsed. Sure the scientist guy also said this is how they have always been counted. 

And that is absolutely fair enough if it’s a bona fide fact then so be it. 

im not aware of how they’ve been counting the tests. But one thing that springs to mind is that with the addition of home testing kits the way in which they were counted had to change at some point? Unless they were just to be discounted? I don’t believe we had them until most recently so things had to by definition change in terms of reporting. 

if they have missed the target then they’ve missed the target. And any attempt to mask that is poor form of that’s what’s going on. 

the key for me is the testing is now ramping up significantly which is a positive. Which I see. I don’t see the downside to that 

They make a rod for their own backs.

100k tests carried out was unachievable from where we were.
80k is excellent.

But don't claim 120k, because you've put 40k in the fucking post.

(a) don't set yourself stupid targets
(b) be proud & open about what you've actually acheived.

10 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

With respect, absolute bollocks. I'm on their side and desperate for them to succeed. I consider 70,000 tests being carried out per day a big positice, but I want my government to be up front about it rather than present something that isn't the case - that's the type of thing the CCP would do. The people complaining about them missing the target will never be happy so just ignore them.