Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

39 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

on a lighter note, my niece is on the Bolton Wanderers Official page being recognised in her job on the Ambulances.  plenty of dust in the eyes.

dont even think about asking.....

How big are her thermometers?

• Moderators

meanwhile in Russia

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/russia-doctors-fall-hospital-windows-coronavirus-warnings-a4432031.html

Three doctors in Russia who raised concerns about the working conditions on the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic have fallen out of hospital windows over the last two weeks, it has been reported.

Just now, mickbrown said:

Eh?

So what?

the experts say the only way of gauging how we will have done v other countries will be to assess when we reach the end.

If you are to believe the scientists, then where we are now, against others who might measure it differently/worse, is of no current relevance.

Sturgeon prattling on again about how we need to stay locked down.

We are danger of the do gooding held and safety brigade taking this over.

This country needs to get back to work, in as safe a way as possible, but sensible, bold, people need to grab this.

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

the mrs set up this help group on facebook which now has her taking donations of food and clothes and divvying them up for folk who need them

then the guardian got wind of it:

https://www.theguardian.com/in-this-together/2020/may/05/covid-19-lockdown-small-kind-acts-make-a-difference

I even get a mention

also in today's mirror, express and MEN

Superb stuff.

4 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

So what?

the experts say the only way of gauging how we will have done v other countries will be to assess when we reach the end.

If you are to believe the scientists, then where we are now, against others who might measure it differently/worse, is of no current relevance.

That’s ok then 

Crack on. 

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

the mrs set up this help group on facebook which now has her taking donations of food and clothes and divvying them up for folk who need them

https://www.theguardian.com/in-this-together/2020/may/05/covid-19-lockdown-small-kind-acts-make-a-difference

I even get a mention

Ace

8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I even get a mention

Nice shed.

Lawn needs work though

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I even get a mention

23 & 38 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, jeep said:

23 & 38 

funnily enough I asked if they'd be interested in doing a write up on battlenips in terms of making a difference in lockdown, but they weren't interested

• Moderators
Just now, mickbrown said:

Fair enough.

That dead green bit at the bottom of the pic, it that bit astro?

aye, that;'s the patio which is currently currently gravel so had to get some for the little one to get oustide and play on

and a bit of the dog to piss on

• Site Supporter

288 deaths and new cases reducing despite opening tests up to more people..

Only the hospital admissions were tested a few weeks back, now it's open and cases are still falling..

Positives!

25 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

288 deaths and new cases reducing despite opening tests up to more people..

Only the hospital admissions were tested a few weeks back, now it's open and cases are still falling..

Positives!

The testing centres are needed for when we open back up. The infrastructure is in place now!

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The testing centres are needed for when we open back up. The infrastructure is in place now!

My worry is that the media are pushing this agenda for opening schools.. It's a sure fire way to bump up cases..

i'm trying to make room on my drive for my caravan for when they do, because there is no way I can go back in the house with my Wife self isolating. 

1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

My worry is that the media are pushing this agenda for opening schools.. It's a sure fire way to bump up cases..

i'm trying to make room on my drive for my caravan for when they do, because there is no way I can go back in the house with my Wife self isolating. 

Schools need to be opened, should never have been closed.

How to entice Teachers out of the safety of their homes, though?