Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

12 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

First question from the public;

Why are losing at deaths?

FFS

Like a Ken Anderson q&a at the height of our financial issues... Doris from great lever comes on asking why we don't keep a player up at corners. 

Fuck the daily briefings off. Only do em when you're changing measures. 

Open the fucking schools before summer. 

3 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Shit question but a valid one. Why are so many people dying here?

Because we changed how deaths need to be verified so any cunt dying in hospital can be chucked in the covid bucket without even being tested... 

💣

31 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

First question from the public;

Why are losing at deaths?

FFS

id give the answer in the form of a tiktok dance. 

serious. 

theyre paid shitstirrers

Edited by e2e4
typo

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Still 600 deaths a day and they are talking about easing lockdown Monday?

It's fucking gone already Mick, traffic up, groups of old dears all chatting with other on the pavement and even the nurse next door to us had visitors in their house over the weekend just gone. 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

It's fucking gone already Mick, traffic up, groups of old dears all chatting with other on the pavement and even the nurse next door to us had visitors in their house over the weekend just gone. 

Correct. There is an ever increasing percentage of the population who apart from they can’t go to the pub etc are now just cracking on. 

sadly I don’t think there is any choice now but to start easing us out. 

4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Still 600 deaths a day and they are talking about easing lockdown Monday?

I thought they are going to announce the plan to ease restrictions at the weekend rather than actually start sending folk back to work?

The plan is surely going to be based on meeting criteria and no easing until they are met and the stipulated precautionary measures put in place.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Correct. There is an ever increasing percentage of the population who apart from they can’t go to the pub etc are now just cracking on. 

sadly I don’t think there is any choice now but to start easing us out. 

Can’t do anything without the consent of the public, who seem to have spoken.

Lets hope the same public aren’t up in arms about the death rate.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

69,000 tests yesterday. 6,111 positive. 649 deaths.

Absolutely mad how demand for tests was so high (above and beyond capacity) on the 30th April and has fallen back down every day since. A staggering coincidence.

I’ve posted below what I said a couple days before the 30 April testing target date. In my view, our recent testing strategy has been designed around creating a surge on one day, just to hit an arbitrary target.

There were people who wanted (perhaps needed) to be tested and there was capacity to test them. The government held them back, for the sake of scoring political points. Potentially, costing lives.

Anyone who says there isn’t political points scoring on both sides is living in denial. The public are pawns in a political game.

On 28/04/2020 at 22:11, Jol_BWFC said:

As does deciding that millions of people will be eligible for testing -  but only from Wednesday. There have been reports of under-utilised testing centres, which could have been carrying out many more tests. 

The cynic in me thinks everything is designed to hold people back and then create a surge on 30 April, just in time to hit their target.  Panic buying replaced by panic testing. 

Edited by Jol_BWFC

2 minutes ago, stevieb said:

So basically, all the rules the government have gave us are up the swanny.

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

Can’t do anything without the consent of the public, who seem to have spoken.

Lets hope the same public aren’t up in arms about the death rate.

Yep spot on that. Too many folk active in Social media complaining about this unlawful Lockdown and those who are not ignoring it will be the first to scream if they lose a loved on and it will be the governments fault. Take the party out of this and any government in charge when this was going on was on a hiding to nothing. Impossible to manage. 

and for those who think a complete full scale lockdown should have happened we simply don’t have the necessary police force to maintain it. And I don’t mean hungers I mean actual ability and desire to do so. 

4 minutes ago, leigh white said:

So basically, all the rules the government have gave us are up the swanny.

Given we've barely enforced it they are lucky to have got 6 weeks of relative compliance from the public but it seems they've had enough now. 

If we had a stricter enforced lockdown things might have been different but then we'd have people moaning it's draconian and infringes on their human rights and all that shit. 

Basically we've fucked it because there's too many flannels in this country who didn't take it seriously at the start and have given up adhering to lockdown lite already. 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I hope so, it would be nice to get a test, and confirm if I am or am not immune

It was something to do with dead cells in the lungs. There is some immunity but they do not know how long the immunity lasts or if subsequent bouts are more or less severe. 

19 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Still seems to be holding round my way. Still have to queue to get in supermarkets.  Traffic is up but not by much. But aye can see folk relaxing 

52 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Like a Ken Anderson q&a at the height of our financial issues... Doris from great lever comes on asking why we don't keep a player up at corners. 

Fuck the daily briefings off. Only do em when you're changing measures. 

Open the fucking schools before summer. 

It's a valid question, though.

Why don't we keep a man up at corners?

Well, driving home again from work today and loads of cars on the road yet again, a middle aged bird drove past me in her Audi convertible without a care in the world, best part was driving through Glazebury with a fooking mobile speed camera set up, surely wouldn't the coppers be better off sorting out the anti lockdown retards?

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Im all for easing this now, it appears that it does effect older people and those with illness.

Sorry, it sounds harsh but I’d rather the kids that need to go back to school, that those of us who are well get back to work. 

Kids back to school, this in New York

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/growing-concern-over-children-with-rare-condition-linked-to-coronavirus-83058757576