Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

15 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

I think if you lockdown severely and it works, you can just point at other countries. NZ and Australia do this with Europe, particularly UK. 

The UK's big issue is you've locked down and still >30k have died. 

The thing is, we haven't really locked down - having said that, Spain has had a serious lockdown, and they've had shit loads die as well. I guess the issue was just "locking down" too late

57 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think you’re right. But it’s also exactly what we thought would happen anyway in terms of the lockdown , release and then lockdown cycle is it not? So not a surprise?

I’m happy to continue with my life as is at the moment. That said from an economic point of view it really is getting dire and if it was affecting me financially or Potentially long term career wise I would likely be pushing To get back to something more normal as well 

We had to agree at some point, this moral high ground approach isn’t helpful from certain people - nor is the idea anyone asking for direction about the future for business and movement is either a member of the Harold Shipman fan club or will leap to blame the government. 

Our offices will be doing temp tests, masks, plastic barriers, social distancing etc but the getting to and from work is the problem.

The first round of furlough folk are back in June, I’m furloughed for three weeks now (hope some of those pitches come off) We need at least a plan to go forward, even with resumption and the regional lockdowns if required. 

Italy carried out an almost identical number tests to us yesterday (64k vs 69k) and had 5x less come back positive (1,400 vs 6,111).

Spain had 3,121 from an unclear number of tests, but they were doing 40k a day in mid-April, so won't be far off. And that'll just about get you let out for a walk. 

Given the situation we're in already - surely loosening the lockdown three weeks too early is far more dangerous than three weeks too late? For the economy, as well as public health.

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

The population is not as dense in NZ as the UK (population 50% of London, Size greater than UK).

And I'm guessing the population is not as dense in NZ as the UK. See the street parties tomorrow for evidence.

When you have discussions such as 'How far am I allowed to travel for a takeaway, Which Garden Centres are open' I'm not sure you have lockdown.

My point was, NZers have an obvious incentive to behave. British folk, you could argue understandably thinking, fuck it

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Italy carried out an almost identical number tests to us yesterday (64k vs 69k) and had 5x less come back positive (1,400 vs 6,111).

Spain had 3,121 from an unclear number of tests, but they were doing 40k a day in mid-April, so won't be far off. And that'll just about get you let out for a walk. 

Given the situation we're in already - surely loosening the lockdown three weeks too early is far more dangerous than three weeks too late? For the economy, as well as public health.

It's more rife now than it was when lockdown started.. just courting a second wave now. 

• Members

All over the media is that it’s going to be relaxed, picnics, days out, seeing families is fuckin stupid IMO, people can’t stay in now, it’s gonna be frigging rife this weekend. 

I fear it’s the calm before the storm.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

All over the media is that it’s going to be relaxed, picnics, days out, seeing families is fuckin stupid IMO, people can’t stay in now, it’s gonna be frigging rife this weekend. 

....got to fill those Nightingale hospitals somehow!

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

The media are to blame. Even the BBC are listing was COULD happen. And morons take it as fact.

27 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

lockdownsceptics.org

:lol:

Aside of that, have you read it?

Edited by boltondiver

• Members
14 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

The media are to blame. Even the BBC are listing was COULD happen. And morons take it as fact.

All the rags are terrible for it then they report on people being out and blame the government. 

35 minutes ago, Sweep said:

aye, that's turned out to be a bit embarrassing for all involved hasn't it

You'd have thought at some point during all the wrangling about getting it delivered, someone would have raised the question "Does it meet UK safety standards/is it fit for purpose?"

Embarrassing