Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, jeep said:

I'm 52. I was chatting to my mate last week, who I've known since we were 11, about how we would've behaved if this was going on when we were 18/19, etc. We both agreed that we'd be meeting up with all our mates for a game of footy, drinking beers, shagging birds.

When I was that age I still lived at home with my mum. At that time I really didn't get on well with her. I was finding every excuse to get out of the house away from her. I dread to think what it would've been like if this shit happened then.

So, although I'm definitely not defending these youngsters I can understand why they're doing it.

When you're young you think you're invincible.....

Plus when we were teenagers we didn’t have the means to contact each other remotely. Well, a telephone but even that was used sparingly as it was in the living room.

My son and daughter (24 and 23) spend much of their lockdown chatting to their girlfriend and boyfriend along with zoom group quizzes and baking sessions.

Daughter’s group of friends pick a recipe and make during zoom sessions. Just wish they’d make something savoury.

I reckon as a teenager, I’d have managed a lockdown if I’d had the social media we have now.

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

The right wing press is saying Matt Hancock is on borrowed time, Boris is blaming him for the embarrassing PPE fuck ups

I wouldn’t be surprised. Boris is going to need a few scapegoats.

Guest Nordkurve
14 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Interesting today that van tam when showing the total deaths line urged caution when analyzing it due to lack of clarity on how others are measuring deaths. 

I believe we are now probably at the front of the queue in being quite open about it and counting the lot but from his words I gather they firmly believe others aren’t. 
either way it’s too many deaths this thing is a truly awful virus and it’s scary to think we have to live with this for many months to come 

I don’t understand how you come to that conclusion. Many other high profile Countries started including deaths outside hospitals weeks before us. We have not included around 20000 deaths that the FT investigation accrued to Civid-19 by requesting data from Care homes. The only queues we are at the front of are, 100% highest figures in Europe and highest percentage of deaths per million population in the World.

23 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I don’t understand how you come to that conclusion. Many other high profile Countries started including deaths outside hospitals weeks before us. We have not included around 20000 deaths that the FT investigation accrued to Civid-19 by requesting data from Care homes. The only queues we are at the front of are, 100% highest figures in Europe and highest percentage of deaths per million population in the World.

We shall see. Who are the FT you speak of that have undertook this investigation? 

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-does-the-uk-have-the-highest-coronavirus-death-toll-in-europe

Edited by Escobarp

15 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Belgium are higher than us, from memory

and Spain and Italy

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by boltondiver

7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Belgium are higher than us, from memory

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8277465/amp/How-does-Britains-coronavirus-death-toll-REALLY-compare-rest-world.html

as are others which seems at odds with the post above from nordkurve stating UK is highest. 

wouidnt like to be in a queue with him for the last ticket to the cup final next time we get there as his idea of front and mine vary massively 

Ah yes 

15 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

She needs a new calculator or maybe someone of suitable intelligence to press the right buttons for her 

source: same source as her made up graph 20200509covid-19-sitrep-110.pdf?sfvrsn=3

thanks and next 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Ah yes 

She needs a new calculator or maybe someone of suitable intelligence to press the right buttons for her 

source: same source as her made up graph 20200509covid-19-sitrep-110.pdf?sfvrsn=3

thanks and next 

Not that I’m all that arsed, but where is the deaths per million on there?

Just now, Spider said:

Not that I’m all that arsed, but where is the deaths per million on there?

I was showing the source that’s all 

read the report if your fussed mate. Like I said she either hasn’t. Or she can’t use a calculator.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

I was showing the source that’s all 

read the report if your fussed mate. Like I said she either hasn’t. Or she can’t use a calculator.

Fair enough.

We we’re having a flare up over the UK not being in as much shit as Italy a few weeks back. Thought we’d established that we were/are and this had been put to bed.

I’d say 30,000+ people suffocating to death means we’ve had it much worse than we’d hoped.

But it’s ok, we’re all going to be told to “be aware” later on as though this virus suddenly makes you glow like the Redy Brek advert.

I’d stay locked down for another 2 weeks personally.

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair enough.

We we’re having a flare up over the UK not being in as much shit as Italy a few weeks back. Thought we’d established that we were/are and this had been put to bed.

I’d say 30,000+ people suffocating to death means we’ve had it much worse than we’d hoped.

But it’s ok, we’re all going to be told to “be aware” later on as though this virus suddenly makes you glow like the Redy Brek advert.

I’d stay locked down for another 2 weeks personally.

Not sure what a “flare up” a few weeks back has to do with my post? 

im not nor have I entered into the debate about whether we are worse off than Italy. There have been deaths that could’ve been avoided across the board and that’s bad in my books. 

mick posted something that is an absolute crock of shit for some reasons and authored by somebody with an incredibly low grasp of basic maths or an axe to grind maybe? that’s all I was saying and he may wish to stop quoting such retards if he intends to get a valid point across 

and on “lockdown” I’m not sure anyone is expecting we aren’t going to remain locked down are they?

Edited by Escobarp

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

mick posted something that is an absolute crock of shit for some reasons and authored by somebody with an incredibly low grasp of basic maths or an axe to grind maybe? that’s all I was saying and he may wish to stop quoting such retards if he intends to get a valid point across 

and on “lockdown” I’m not sure anyone is expecting we aren’t going to remain locked down are they?

It’s a 7 day rolling average. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

im not nor have I entered into the debate about whether we are worse off than Italy. There have been deaths that could’ve been avoided across the board and that’s bad in my books. 

Listening to Jenrick now on Marr, they sound to me like they’re easing the lockdown knowing full well they can get millions off furlough at the end of next week (that’s when the 2nd of the 3 week periods ends).

With my cynical hat on, this is all about getting the furlough payments down.

I do think we’re steaming into a massive second wave.