Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

9 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

It’s all based on guesswork and models that are clearly still ambiguous. If you are in Boris’s position why not just buy yourself a little bit more time?

Because it’s ‘our’ money he’s using to pay people 80% of their wages to sit on their arses.

We’ll end up with more deaths from other illnesses/diseases/ suicide etc from people being locked down 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

Because it’s ‘our’ money he’s using to pay people 80% of their wages to sit on their arses.

We’ll end up with more deaths from other illnesses/diseases/ suicide etc from people being locked down 

Based on what?

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Get the snip pal. Even with an injection into the ball! 

1 hour ago, royal white said:

the injection into the ball isn’t the most appealing! 

I quite enjoyed it.

35 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

There will definitely be some extra deaths from lockdown, but there would have been extra deaths without it. Folk would still be scared to go to hospital regardless, probably for a longer period of time if theres a higher amount of covid deaths. Economy would still be affected, causing poverty, suicide increases etc. Very difficult to measure exact effect of lockdown. Anyone who says they can is a massive guesser. 

• Members
1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Get the snip pal. 

Most peaceful afternoon I've had in 6 years when I had it done. Even with an injection into the ball! 

If the docs can’t get me in can you be a pal and do mine for me?

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

The paymasters called the shots?

absolutely nowhere near with that announcement

Hospitality aside, most businesses have been told to get UK Plc back up and running in the morning.

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Is that what you did in Germany?

Speaking of which,  their stats show the  R rate has gone up to between .94 and 1.13. Touch and go if they'll stay as they are restriction wise according to what Merkel said last week. 

• Members
Just now, peelyfeet said:

Speaking of which,  their stats show the  R rate has gone up to between .94 and 1.13. Touch and go if they'll stay as they are restriction wise according to what Merkel said last week. 

In strangeways?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Can you decide that though?

not being arsey 

Can fine me if they want. 

Just hone school him. Wifes isolating, there is no way they can keep kids that young safe. Unions are already setting cogs in motion. 

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Hospitality aside, most businesses have been told to get UK Plc back up and running in the morning.

If you can

and avoiding public transport

If you can SD

And only if you cannot WFH

As a “next step” for business, it’s possibly as slight as it could be

that’s nowhere near bowing to the pressure of industrialists 

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Yes and if we have a second peak it will cost them even more money so why not stick to plan A for a few more weeks ?