Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

In fact that's what they should have on the telly every evening - a sweary and littered with personal insults dressing down for all the virus spreading bellends...

Him off the SAS thing would've been idea to deliver these beratings if he hadn't been a twat himself earlier in proceedings.

And if you're reading, Ant McPartlin, yeah that's right, I called you a twat...😠

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know, was just saying it's not about safety. Also my Grandpa was a Japanese POW - and whilst I totally understood why he couldn't forgive them. I do (also,  I get the factiousness) 

They only do it because they're obsessed with work, missing a shift is tantamount to incest over there, didn't you watch Reggie Yates? They're either working or hiding the bodies of murdered western models around their poky capsule apartments.

1 hour ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I suspect that he is pushing an agenda to protect people in London. Strange, given he is the mayor of London.

If he’s going to be criticised for overcrowding on tubes and potentially passing the virus that way, is it not fair enough for him to push for safety measures on the tube?

Well, why did he create overcrowding in the first place?

Cant gave it both ways

I think just call time on the Khan debate. Some folk will just run him out of town for the slightest thing, whilst the PM gets apologies made for him. Its pointless.

Mind you not many on this board can vote for our mayor. So it matters not.

Edited by Not in Crawley

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Well, why did he create overcrowding in the first place?

Cant gave it both ways

And....I don’t think that’s his agenda

51 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52617895

programme on bbc one Scotland tonight about it. Just been a slot on the news about it where it goes into more detail 

We locked down too late all over the UK.  People were dieing in London hospitals of Covid 19 whilst the government allowed Cheltenham to go ahead and kept schools open another week. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just got off the phone with a mate who is a GP, had a brief chat about masks. He said he used to take the mick out of Chinese in London who used to wear facemasks thinking it was about protecting themselves. Culturally its about protecting the whole, not the individual. Masks help stop the spread, its not about keeping you safe, but others if you have anything. I'm not sure westerners get this idea.

I always thought it was about protecting themselves from pollution i.e. people wear them in Beijing and then it just becomes a force of habit / second nature when in other cities.

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Weren’t Scotland only allowed to lock down once the emergency legislation was passed by Westminster?

Yeah probably why we delayed so we didn't have Gina Miller on our case that it was an illegal lockdown... Which they've done anyway. 

And we had many on here still saying its just a cold and we should carry on at the point we locked down. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Very interesting revelation just now up here. 

there was a known corona virus outbreak in Edinburgh in February after a load of folk flew in for a conference. Government were aware. They’ve done a reverse engineer of it based on R rates etc and they are saying if krankie had locked us down when she became aware of this outbreak 80% of the deaths suffered So far  in Scotland could have been avoided. 

also it’s become known that Scotland’s own committe to look at this pandemic was out together and first convened 2 days after boris locked us all down

so despite knowing there was an outbreak in February that they hid they still didn’t have a committee to look at a plan for dealing with this and that’s ok? 

final nail is they are now saying now isn’t the time to look for answers and we should do this at a later date  the exact same approach that the Scottish government have pilloried the UK government for  

to put that into numbers we’ve had 3k deaths here and they are saying 2400 could have been avoided  

untenable I hear you shout? I think so 

Might account in part for her very cautious approach. In fairness, given the higher R value up your neck of the woods, her approach seems reasonable.

The majority of staff in education settings will not require PPE beyond what they would normally need for their work, even if they are not always able to maintain a distance of 2 metres from others.

and

Wearing a face covering or face mask in schools or other education settings is not recommended. Face coverings may be beneficial for short periods indoors where there is a risk of close social contact with people you do not usually meet and where social distancing and other measures cannot be maintained, for example on public transport or in some shops. This does not apply to schools or other education settings.

If you think about what that says then if you're a regular in a local boozer that is full of the same faces day in and day out then you're fine to crack on.