Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

We locked down too late all over the UK.  People were dieing in London hospitals of Covid 19 whilst the government allowed Cheltenham to go ahead and kept schools open another week. 

There were no reported cases in Scotland. Not one. Yet the government knew there was an outbreak in Edinburgh and 24 confirmed cases. Slightly different no?

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Might account in part for her very cautious approach. In fairness, given the higher R value up your neck of the woods, her approach seems reasonable.

I completely agree with her stance currently. It would be suicidal to unlock as our R is higher as you say mate. And i now think she is feeling a bit nervous about how she has fucked up and is being overly cautious. Shame she couldn’t do that at that start and we probably wouldn’t have the outbreak we have here. 

interesting that the same people who are vilifying boris et al think what’s she’s done is ok. Quite bizarre really. But not surprising 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The odd big wave on Blackpools golden mile must kill at least one drunken nobhead a year 🌊

Nope, Gonzo still posts regularly 

anyway - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/10/chilling-truth-decision-impose-lockdown-based-crude-mathematical/https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/10/chilling-truth-decision-impose-lockdown-based-crude-mathematical/

11 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

My workplace is a large(ish) office building in central London. Email from the head of ops today says that they have reviewed the updated guidance and nothing changes - offices remain shut and we must work from home.

That's fine - the guidance is unchanged. If you can work from home, you should.

48 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Unions are gonna be all over that

Not a chance in hell you can socially distance kids at Nursery and Primary school 

acceptable risk though, time to get things back in the right direction 

the NHS has had time to build capacity of beds and ventilators, life can’t be put on hold indefinitely 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Not a chance in hell you can socially distance kids at Nursery and Primary school 

acceptable risk though, time to get things back in the right direction 

the NHS has had time to build capacity of beds and ventilators, life can’t be put on hold indefinitely 

Unions are in a frenzy.  

There are a lot if unhappy teachers, however based off Boris answers today,  there won't be many going back if they do at all.. 

Year 10s are not going back for lessons.  It will be to chase up home schooling 

Kids of key workers in now aren't socially distanced at play times, dunno about "lessons" if they are even getting them or if it's more of an out of school club situation.

I know I've walked past my lads school when they were playing out and, granted there's only a few of them in, but they were playing tig and royal rumbles just like any other day. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Kids of key workers in now aren't socially distanced at play times, dunno about "lessons" if they are even getting them or if it's more of an out of school club situation.

I know I've walked past my lads school when they were playing out and, granted there's only a few of them in, but they were playing tig and royal rumbles just like any other day. 

Evening news had pictures of mytham cp

Little lever, ve day party

Joke

As for teachers, theres absolutely no reason for em to rush back

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

I completely agree with her stance currently. It would be suicidal to unlock as our R is higher as you say mate. And i now think she is feeling a bit nervous about how she has fucked up and is being overly cautious. Shame she couldn’t do that at that start and we probably wouldn’t have the outbreak we have here. 

interesting that the same people who are vilifying boris et al think what’s she’s done is ok. Quite bizarre really. But not surprising 

You can't think it's that bizarre? It's the exact mirror image of what your doing. Surely anyone piling in on Sturgeon for supposed mistakes at this stage is a screeching bedwetter only out to score political points?

Add it to the enormous pile of evidence that says the UK not locking down sooner was a massive fuck up.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Mmm. Have you researched Matt Ridley. Some think he's a bit of crank.

Goes without saying. You could wheel out any old nutter, and if they say what Mr Grey wants to hear, he'll think they're a genius.

It probably goes back to watching Tomorrows World when I was a kid but FWIW I'm interested in innovation despite fully expecting to have a jet pack by now thanks to unfulfilled promises from Bond and the Jetson's etc, so I occasionally watch BBC Click and this episode strolled into view. Apparently viruses mutate a lot and the tendency is towards being more able to spread faster and less harmful.

Makes sense really because if you are a virus whose sole ambition is to multiply, there's no advantage in killing your hosts as they won't be spreading you further by running around.

Second half Icelandic player is the one to watch.

Fuck knows where this should be, but Premier League clubs have been paid for providing TV content for the whole season and will have to pay back £1 billion if they don't deliver a whole season. Which they won't in a legally acceptable form.

Anyone think this may affect the decisions ahead?

5 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Fuck knows where this should be, but Premier League clubs have been paid for providing TV content for the whole season and will have to pay back £1 billion if they don't deliver a whole season. Which they won't in a legally acceptable form.

Anyone think this may affect the decisions ahead?

There is a whole thread on the football bit discussing this. The Premier League is only concerned about the integrity of the competition money is not a factor. Honest.