Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Wife’s has been split between being in her high school and stuff from home, a lot of stuff from home too. She wants to help get things going currently there are only about 6 kids in. Contact has been made with children they have identified for coming back but not many are keen. Some of wife's colleagues are the same they are not wanting to come back, some are valid shielding reasons and others are your usual suspects don’t want to work types. 

each circumstance is different. 

Weve put daughter into nursery a few days here and there because she’s classed as special needs and the aim is to get her to be school ready for September so needs to continue with her one to one. The lads been into school once or twice the last few weeks to try and give him some resemblance of No.

Just had a letter from the lads school about when June 1st comes. Don’t think we have much hesitation of sending them back, we are fairly certain the virus has been through our household in late March, wife had all the classic symptoms and was on the verge of hospital admission of her progress hadn’t improved. The lad had a really really weird rash following the wife’s illness. He was ill prior to her with a temp and a cough we were advised to take him to the hospital but he wasn’t tested and we just sent home. After the  wife’s illness illness he developed a rash on the face which the docs said was a viral rash, but since I’ve seen things where this could’ve been Covid linked but again we have no idea. 

if the kids go back it opens up my return to work on a more on a full time basis which I would like to do for my own mental health. I earn less than the wife so it’s been me being at home!

But I really don't know if it is the best option or not, I really don’t. School environment will be beneficial to both kids, but is it safe for them others and teachers and ta’s alike and don’t want to be acting irresponsibly. 

21 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Wife’s has been split between being in her high school and stuff from home, a lot of stuff from home too. She wants to help get things going currently there are only about 6 kids in. Contact has been made with children they have identified for coming back but not many are keen. Some of wife's colleagues are the same they are not wanting to come back, some are valid shielding reasons and others are your usual suspects don’t want to work types. 

each circumstance is different. 

Weve put daughter into nursery a few days here and there because she’s classed as special needs and the aim is to get her to be school ready for September so needs to continue with her one to one. The lads been into school once or twice the last few weeks to try and give him some resemblance of No.

Just had a letter from the lads school about when June 1st comes. Don’t think we have much hesitation of sending them back, we are fairly certain the virus has been through our household in late March, wife had all the classic symptoms and was on the verge of hospital admission of her progress hadn’t improved. The lad had a really really weird rash following the wife’s illness. He was ill prior to her with a temp and a cough we were advised to take him to the hospital but he wasn’t tested and we just sent home. After the  wife’s illness illness he developed a rash on the face which the docs said was a viral rash, but since I’ve seen things where this could’ve been Covid linked but again we have no idea. 

if the kids go back it opens up my return to work on a more on a full time basis which I would like to do for my own mental health. I earn less than the wife so it’s been me being at home!

But I really don't know if it is the best option or not, I really don’t. School environment will be beneficial to both kids, but is it safe for them others and teachers and ta’s alike and don’t want to be acting irresponsibly. 

Our one year old has had a funny rash recently, came off the back of Me and the Mrs both bring mildly ill with sore throats / cough - probably non Covid but found it strange that the youngest would get a viral rash when he has been isolated at home 

When can we get these antibody tests to see if we have had it? 

2 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Our one year old has had a funny rash recently, came off the back of Me and the Mrs both bring mildly ill with sore throats / cough - probably non Covid but found it strange that the youngest would get a viral rash when he has been isolated at home 

Very soon hopefully

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52656808

9 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-100-accurate-covid-19-antibody-test-approved-for-use-in-uk-11987924

16 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Our 1 year old had the rash predominantly on his trunk and arms, not face or tongue 

Very much like that though, blisters that scabbed over. We thought Chicken Pox at first but no way he’s picked that up being at home. He has been well enough though so we didn’t want to bother anyone

Just feels like we all had a little bit of something viral, be interested to know if it was mild Covid or something else also mild 

looks like we will be able to find out soon enough 

9 hours ago, only1swanny said:

It's not the money.. 

The governments own advisors have admitted they haven't acesses the safety of it, it's being done for the economy and will resurge the virus. 

I'll be in a class with 30 teenagers tomorrow, thankfully it's a big room. 

These the kids of key workers and vulnerable kids?

if so  whoever’s organised that needs bollocking. You’ve a nigh on empty school. Why the fuck are they not spreading them out?

It’s great Labour have a proper leader, but he has to make sure he doesn’t cross the line between political point scoring and holding the Tory party to account, I’ll be watching closely at how he conducts himself, holding to account without point scoring might get me back onside, it’s a massive moment for the Labour Party and it’s future credibility. 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Spider said:

Starmer is unsettling Boris.

Definitely pwned him today

About time labour showed some teeth

Starmer will be far better than Corbyn, no doubt.

This business over advice to care homes may have backfired on him.

He will also need to tread carefully whilst the crisis is still ongoing.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Hopefully, but I'd have thought it would be a several more months before they can start to mass produce the volumes needed to accommodate everybody in the UK

....world!

They're Swiss.

Highest (or most influential) bidder will be first in the queue.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

I don’t remember any support staff when I was at school.

A spot of snow and they are all off home

.The world has changed in 50 years.City cancelled a match this season because the forecast was for it to be windy and as it turned out the storm didn't arrive.United  now cancel matches if its frosty outside the ground in case fans slip.

Strange how the football authorities are now keen for them to play during a plague!

11 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

what's your thoughts on Starmer, deliberately misleading Parliament today in the questions session v Boris Johnson ?

It may be perceived as my political bias as I'm sure the little self-righteous clique on here will be eager to trot out again as they invariably do when they hear something that sits uncomfortably with them, but I'm actually surprised by this statement as the only bit of misleading/downright lying that I saw was when Boris claimed that the Government website didn't say what it said about care homes despite the fact that it's on record and millions of people have seen it, me included.

If Starmer starts misleading and lying to people I'll be very disappointed with him as that type of crass politics doesn't come as naturally to him as it does to Boris/Cummings and as a highly respected British born lawyer and Knight of the Realm he has every incentive to remain honest, but as you have accused him perhaps you could provide some evidence of your claim?

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if what you are saying is anything other than bullshit.

11 hours ago, Farrelli said:

I think Starmer has got them worried. The campaign of falsehoods has begun. They will be claiming he was entertaining the Taliban to a tea party at his house next🤣

A few Tory MPs have been nabbed this morning commenting on a doctored video from a far right account :D

Edited by deane koontz