Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

29 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

All schools could, and should, be going back, I agree.

Nonsense.

Hell of a difference socially distancing kids in a classroom that operates on a rota system than in a Full dormitory. 

and I don’t think kids should be going back yet. If it wasn’t for childcare issues of parents wanting to get back to work I don’t think many would send them back 

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1261356186315694083?s=20

Tweet didn't embed for some reason.

Anyway, it's New York Times who have been looking at how Sweden is faring with their no lockdown approach. Their deaths are 27% higher than average, which puts them mid table, way behind the leaders on 67%.

No prizes for guessing who is top. 

Edited by ProfessorWoland

18 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Nonsense.

Hell of a difference socially distancing kids in a classroom that operates on a rota system than in a Full dormitory. 

and I don’t think kids should be going back yet. If it wasn’t for childcare issues of parents wanting to get back to work I don’t think many would send them back 

Are you Nicola?!

🤢

Edited by boltondiver

30 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Nonsense.

They don’t have dorms. The posh little twats have their own room at Boris’s old school

I didn’t have my own bedroom until I left home. 

Anyroad, you’re spot on for the reasons they want kids back at school. 

It's heartwarming to see the turnaround this crisis has brought about in some...

Folk who couldn't have give less of a fuck for others previously now showing a social conscience; What about the children's education? Social mobility will be compromised for years...People will die in droves of poverty alone!

Fucking disengenuous c*nts - I'd have more respect for them if they said (like Mick wrote):

"Get back to work you scruffy oiks - my portfolio is taking a real bashing here..."*

* "until I can redirect funds into sommat that capitalises upon the outbreak..."

Edited by Youri McAnespie

2 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I can't understand why folk from the northwest are so riled by the Mayor of London...

Do we know if [Sadiq] Khan's dad is still knocking about even, let alone if he dyes his hair?

Aye, baffles me as well. It can’t be that he’s from the Labour Party as I just don’t see the vitriol that he gets coming the way of Andy Burnham, a folk people can vote for in Gtr Manchester, and a former Labour frontbencher. I wonder what it could be?

A lot of the Twitter feeds of the most vocal anti-Khanites share a common theme, they also highlight stories from the press about certain scumbags who've broke the law or deviated from society's mores...

Nowt wrong with that, a scumbag's a scumbag.

They all tend to be a certain type of scumbag though.

30 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Aye, baffles me as well. It can’t be that he’s from the Labour Party as I just don’t see the vitriol that he gets coming the way of Andy Burnham, a folk people can vote for in Gtr Manchester, and a former Labour frontbencher. I wonder what it could be?

Just like I don't understand how folk from here get so riled by the president of the USA......talk about hypocrisy...

23 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Just like I don't understand how folk from here get so riled by the president of the USA......talk about hypocrisy...

it’s not hypocritical though is it.

One’s the most powerful bloke in the world and affects all of us

The other very little unless you live in the capital

6 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Who me?

Scroll back on that thread for just the last dozen or so pages......enough said 🤭

As I say, the hyporicsy is actually breathtaking, and I couldn't give a shit about his power....he's not the big cheese one bit like Pegleg says, the Chinese are the real deal.

• Members
7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Scroll back on that thread for just the last dozen or so pages......enough said 🤭

As I say, the hyporicsy is actually breathtaking, and I couldn't give a shit about his power....he's not the big cheese one bit like Pegleg says, the Chinese are the real deal.

No idea what’s going on, just posting some Saturday afternoon tits

12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

UK imports, exports, and gets massively more investment from US than anyone else. China are well down the list for us. We have more cultural, defence, intelligence, scientific, industrial, financial ties with US than any other country, apart from Germany in a few cases. US economy  has the biggest external effect on UK

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

No one really gets riled, certainly not like bolty does over his detractors

Most of it is because an odious businessman has found himself in a role of a politician and is bumbling along in the powerful job in the world, and he gives us something to laugh at almost daily

That's not hypocritical, not as far as I'm concerned anyway, as Sadiq Kahn rarely does anything comical

Just now, peelyfeet said:

UK imports, exports, and gets massively more investment from US than anyone else. China are well down the list for us. We have more cultural, defence, intelligence, scientific, industrial, financial ties with US than any other country, apart from Germany in a few cases. US economy  has the biggest external effect on UK

No shit sherlock and you jump instantly all over Trump.

Amazing how no one on here has dared to mention a person saying "you won't catch the coronavirus on tfl"

Like I say.....staggering hypocrisy......would you please remind me of the death rate comparison of TFL employees and NHS workers ?

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

No one really gets riled, certainly not like bolty does over his detractors

Most of it is because an odious businessman has found himself in a role of a politician and is bumbling along in the powerful job in the world, and he gives us something to laugh at almost daily

That's not hypocritical, not as far as I'm concerned anyway, as Sadiq Kahn rarely does anything comical

Another one.

Certainly upsetting the clique